Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC at the Natural Stone Show 2019? Naturally… and packed with free IHBC-recognised CPD – 30 April-2 May, ExCel! 18/01/2019
- IHBC welcomes Historic England Angel Award 2018 winner – Great Yarmouth PT – as part of Context’s international ‘European Perspectives’ issue 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.4M+ costed work this week: Character Statements for N Herts Conservation Areas sought, closing 4/2, value £75 -100k 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Suffolk campaigners hope listed monument to St Edmund will deter developers 18/01/2019
- New ‘Wates Principles’ aim to improve corporate governance standards among private companies 18/01/2019
- Councils approve planning applications at ‘fastest rate’ in a decade – as Shelter says planning system failings on new homes a ‘Developers… myth’ 18/01/2019
- Cambridge CC to bring Cambridge Live cultural services back in-house 18/01/2019
- Grant Thornton: A third of councils at risk of financial failure in the next decade! 18/01/2019
- RAC Foundation analysis indicates ‘substandard’ council-maintained bridges on the rise 18/01/2019
- England’s communities to have greater say in protecting local trees: Closing Feb 28 18/01/2019
- Bid to introduce a £2 tourist tax in Edinburgh wins support 18/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
Search Results for: WIKI
The Place Value Wiki brings together in a ‘raw’ form the range of rigorous research evidence that links the ‘quality’ and design of ‘place’ with the value added in health, social, economic and environmental terms, and as a wiki it … Continue reading
Your FIRST FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Tell them about IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – Our digital digest for the development and construction sector
You can help make life easier for your colleagues – and yourself – this Christmas by encouraging them to check out the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki Homepage, our free digital ‘Conservation Digest’ aimed at mainstream construction and development sector practitioners.
DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’
If mention of the 1968 ‘Town and Country Planning Act’ (TCPA) in many circles prompts reference mainly to structure plans, action areas and public participation in planning, tucked away in Part V was a revolution in heritage conservation that Timothy … Continue reading
Designing Buildings WIKI, IHBC’s partner host for the Conservation Wiki – asks what the implications could be for the construction industry of Brexit, with particular concern about how it might affect the skills shortage, the import and export of materials, … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and supported also by other leading industry organisations including ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA’ – also offers a handy guide on contributing articles, which can help your … Continue reading
The IHBC partnership calling for better design standards in the evolving National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) has been featured in the weekly Newsletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – and sent to … Continue reading
BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools
BREEAM Wiki has become part of the widely-used Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), with the object of ‘advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions for the BRE family of sustainability tools.’
IHBC Chair James Caird’s letter to The Coventry Observer on local conservation controversies – tied to listings castigated by a local councillor – has been featured in the eletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki,and … Continue reading
A Wikipedia entry for the IHBC, drafted by IHBC Chair James Caird, has now been published.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has produced an accessible guide to the resource, helping users engage with it for CPD purposes and promoting their public profile.
IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’
IHBC Chair James Caird’s 2017 School Context journal article on ‘The conservation of historic transport infrastructure’, from the 2017 Annual School issue, has been featured in the eletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Context journal article by Graham Tite, on ‘Buildings, lawns, gardens, wilderness’, from Context No. 151, has been featured in the email news bulletin from Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), to its 75000+ registered users, extending further the IHBC’s reach … Continue reading
DBW features IHBC’s ‘bold move to put conservation at the forefront of digital collaboration’, passing a century of articles on Conservation Wiki
IHBC partner information service Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), has featured IHBC passing a century of articles on our Conservation Wiki service, circulating the news on email updates to its c.7500+ registered users from the construction and development sectors.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
IHBC’s John Edwards outlines ‘risk management in conservation projects’ on Conservation Wiki and DBW
IHBC trustee, director of Edwards Hart Chartered Surveyors and Historic Building Consultants, and lead author of ‘BS 7913, Guide to the conservation of historic buildings’ (2013) reviews issues around risk management in conservation projects in a recent article featured on IHBC’s Conservation Wiki, … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki research: Construction industry must ensure practitioners have access to critical knowledge
Analysis of 6 million pieces of data by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has revealed that the knowledge framework underpinning the construction industry is no longer fit for purpose as practitioners do … Continue reading
Conservation Wiki and DBW feature retrofit in the National Trust from IHBC’s Context ‘Green Retrofit’
Paul Southall, environmental advisor at the National Trust explores ‘Energy efficiency for the National Trust’ in his article for the IHBC’s member journal Context special issue on ‘Green Retrofit’, which is now featured on the IHBC and Designing Buildings Wiki … Continue reading
New Designing Buildings Wiki post features Sir Donald Insall on Chester Conservation Areas, from our ‘Anniversary’ Context
Sir Donald Insall’s article on ‘Chester, conservation as positive action’, written for the IHBC’s Conservation Area anniversary issue of Context of March 2017, is now available on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the construction industry’s knowledge base, through the IHBC’s Conservation … Continue reading
New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context
The article on ‘Understanding Dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context by John Edwards and Peter Ward, is now available on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the construction industry’s knowledge base, through the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki resource.
IHBC website users can now access a key IHBC service more readily as the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki now has its dedicated icon link from our Home page, offering easy access to Designing Buildings Wiki’s 3 million users a year via … Continue reading
New destination needed this summer? Check out IHBC Conservation Wiki’s new Home Page – a great destination for your colleagues too
The IHBC’s Wiki platform service, offered in partnership with the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform, has had an update to make it the destination page for the development and construction sectors that DBW – and the IHBC Conservation Wiki … Continue reading
IHBC’s joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ targets construction and development sectors on Designing Buildings Wiki
Practitioners from the widest construction and development sectors will access a key IHBC resource more readily as our new joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ – co-authored with HTVF and the Civic Voice – has been posted on the IHBC’s Conservation … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Conservation Wiki is part of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the construction industry knowledge base, and to celebrate reaching 5,000 articles, DBW has listed its most popular articles, any of which can be useful starting points for members to … Continue reading
New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours?
IHBC trustee John Edwards has posted his RICS Conservation Journal article on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’ on the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – part of the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform – extending access to his concise summary of … Continue reading
The BBC has featured a phone app has been created to give users a guided tour of some of London’s best ‘ghost signs’, faded branding and advertising markings found on the sides of buildings across the capital.