Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
- IHBC reminder to employers: ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March – IHBC Chair urges responses, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives 16/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £28.3M+ costed work this week: Coventry CC seeks Project Manager for London Road Cemetery, closing 19/03, £40k-£75k 16/03/2019
- RTPI says ‘Au revoir’ to planning in the public interest… Hello ‘Austerity Planner’ 16/03/2019
- South West Wales to benefit from £27m funding boost 16/03/2019
- Heritage sector generated over £4bn for Scotland’s economy in 2017-18 16/03/2019
- Revealed: The thousands of public spaces lost to the council funding crisis 16/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee announces inquiry into Local Government finance: Submissions closing 17 April 16/03/2019
- Man sentenced after church lead thefts spanning four counties 16/03/2019
- Buxton bid to £675m Future High Streets Fund in move to boost town centre 16/03/2019
- Futures of The Barrow Boys and Hull’s Banksy decided by Hull City Council’s planning committee 16/03/2019
Search Results for: WIKI
DON’T FORGET: IHBC’s coming to the Natural Stone Show 2019, naturally, on HESPR, Conservation Wiki and more: Excel, 30/4-2/5 – with exhibitor list now live!
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area from 30 April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us as well as access all the other free IHBC-recognised CPD on offer, including … Continue reading
Heritage management and conservation rarely consider how different ways of assembling, curating, caring for, and designing the future relate to one another. How could this be done? Conservation Wiki writes about a research programme, some alternative perspectives and implications.
In its New Year (NY) update to supporters, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has highlighted the growing impact of the service, as page views rise 48%, compared to 2017, and 5.5 million … Continue reading
The Place Value Wiki brings together in a ‘raw’ form the range of rigorous research evidence that links the ‘quality’ and design of ‘place’ with the value added in health, social, economic and environmental terms, and as a wiki it … Continue reading
Your FIRST FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Tell them about IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – Our digital digest for the development and construction sector
You can help make life easier for your colleagues – and yourself – this Christmas by encouraging them to check out the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki Homepage, our free digital ‘Conservation Digest’ aimed at mainstream construction and development sector practitioners.
DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’
If mention of the 1968 ‘Town and Country Planning Act’ (TCPA) in many circles prompts reference mainly to structure plans, action areas and public participation in planning, tucked away in Part V was a revolution in heritage conservation that Timothy … Continue reading
Designing Buildings WIKI, IHBC’s partner host for the Conservation Wiki – asks what the implications could be for the construction industry of Brexit, with particular concern about how it might affect the skills shortage, the import and export of materials, … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and supported also by other leading industry organisations including ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA’ – also offers a handy guide on contributing articles, which can help your … Continue reading
The IHBC partnership calling for better design standards in the evolving National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) has been featured in the weekly Newsletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – and sent to … Continue reading
BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools
BREEAM Wiki has become part of the widely-used Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), with the object of ‘advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions for the BRE family of sustainability tools.’
IHBC Chair James Caird’s letter to The Coventry Observer on local conservation controversies – tied to listings castigated by a local councillor – has been featured in the eletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki,and … Continue reading
A Wikipedia entry for the IHBC, drafted by IHBC Chair James Caird, has now been published.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has produced an accessible guide to the resource, helping users engage with it for CPD purposes and promoting their public profile.
IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’
IHBC Chair James Caird’s 2017 School Context journal article on ‘The conservation of historic transport infrastructure’, from the 2017 Annual School issue, has been featured in the eletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Context journal article by Graham Tite, on ‘Buildings, lawns, gardens, wilderness’, from Context No. 151, has been featured in the email news bulletin from Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), to its 75000+ registered users, extending further the IHBC’s reach … Continue reading
DBW features IHBC’s ‘bold move to put conservation at the forefront of digital collaboration’, passing a century of articles on Conservation Wiki
IHBC partner information service Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), has featured IHBC passing a century of articles on our Conservation Wiki service, circulating the news on email updates to its c.7500+ registered users from the construction and development sectors.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
IHBC’s John Edwards outlines ‘risk management in conservation projects’ on Conservation Wiki and DBW
IHBC trustee, director of Edwards Hart Chartered Surveyors and Historic Building Consultants, and lead author of ‘BS 7913, Guide to the conservation of historic buildings’ (2013) reviews issues around risk management in conservation projects in a recent article featured on IHBC’s Conservation Wiki, … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki research: Construction industry must ensure practitioners have access to critical knowledge
Analysis of 6 million pieces of data by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has revealed that the knowledge framework underpinning the construction industry is no longer fit for purpose as practitioners do … Continue reading
Conservation Wiki and DBW feature retrofit in the National Trust from IHBC’s Context ‘Green Retrofit’
Paul Southall, environmental advisor at the National Trust explores ‘Energy efficiency for the National Trust’ in his article for the IHBC’s member journal Context special issue on ‘Green Retrofit’, which is now featured on the IHBC and Designing Buildings Wiki … Continue reading
New Designing Buildings Wiki post features Sir Donald Insall on Chester Conservation Areas, from our ‘Anniversary’ Context
Sir Donald Insall’s article on ‘Chester, conservation as positive action’, written for the IHBC’s Conservation Area anniversary issue of Context of March 2017, is now available on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the construction industry’s knowledge base, through the IHBC’s Conservation … Continue reading
New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context
The article on ‘Understanding Dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context by John Edwards and Peter Ward, is now available on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the construction industry’s knowledge base, through the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki resource.
IHBC website users can now access a key IHBC service more readily as the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki now has its dedicated icon link from our Home page, offering easy access to Designing Buildings Wiki’s 3 million users a year via … Continue reading
New destination needed this summer? Check out IHBC Conservation Wiki’s new Home Page – a great destination for your colleagues too
The IHBC’s Wiki platform service, offered in partnership with the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform, has had an update to make it the destination page for the development and construction sectors that DBW – and the IHBC Conservation Wiki … Continue reading
IHBC’s joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ targets construction and development sectors on Designing Buildings Wiki
Practitioners from the widest construction and development sectors will access a key IHBC resource more readily as our new joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ – co-authored with HTVF and the Civic Voice – has been posted on the IHBC’s Conservation … Continue reading