Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
June 2020 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Search Results for: COVID-19
If you are on furlough, or similarly detached from your usual network, office or working environment, be sure to keep your most important specialist network up to date by getting the IHBC’s NewsBlogs email alerts sent where they are of … Continue reading
Guidance for local councils during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak includes resources on planning and building safety.
The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has reported back from a panel of experts convened to analyse the impact the pandemic is having on the global economy and geopolitical landscape; how real estate is being impacted, and what structural … Continue reading
Regulations have come into effect in Wales that make temporary provision in relation to local authority meetings and for public and press access to these meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take
The Council of Europe has outlined parameters in civil engagement to be recognised under the Covid-19 crisis restrictions, and The Consultation Institute (TCI) has adjusted its guidance accordingly.
Historic England (HE) has helpfully offered updates on office arrangements under the lockdown.
Northern Ireland Environment Link (NIEL) has issued the results of a Coronavirus Impact Survey of environment and conservation organisations in Northern Ireland (NI).
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is producing information on how society and the economy are being affected during the coronavirus pandemic, with a blog post exploring the latest insights from ONS data by Iain Bell, Deputy National Statistician at … Continue reading
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has convened a Construction Industry Task Force to provide a focal point for co-ordinating the industry response to Covid19, and to facilitate communication between the industry and Government.
Via UK Construction Week, Michael Riordan, UK managing director of construction consultancy Linesight, offers some important steps to take to protect sites, projects and businesses during the coronavirus pandemic. image: Open government Licence v3.0
Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli Releases free backgrounds for virtual meetings: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away & More.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has issued the summary of its April ‘Heritage Chat’, which covered the ‘immediate and longer-term issues that heritage sector organisations… are facing due to COVID-19.
A new 100% government backed loan scheme for small business is now available. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 35: Government testing ’access summaries’ include ‘those whose work cannot be done from home’.
The Government has confirmed that ‘anyone with symptoms whose work cannot be done from home’ (including ‘construction workers’) is now eligible to apply for ?#COVID19 testing.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 36: TCI explores planning guidance impacts, including removing pre-app consultations etc.
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has published an Associate’s review on recent adjustments in planning procedures and protocols.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 37: NI DfC update Department for Communities COVID-19 Stakeholder Update: 27 April 2020
The Northern Ireland (NI) Department for Communities, (DfC) has issued its latest update on the key announcements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
BEFS’s Bulletin has published an update from Scotland on its ‘Our Place in Time (OPiT)’ CEO Forum.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is supporting the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) to gather data and develop guidance regarding employees coming out of furlough, with a survey now in place.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 30: DCMS Committee Inquiry into ‘Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors’ – Call extended to 19 June
Westminster’s DCMS Committee has launched an inquiry into the ‘Impact of Covid-19 on Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s [DCMS] sectors’, considering both the immediate and long-term impact that Covid-19 and the related social and financial measures are having … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 31: NI’s Department for Communities COVID-19 Stakeholder Update, from 20/04
Northern Ireland’s Department for Communities, Communications & Engagement Unit has issued the latest in its regular updates on key announcements from the Department during the COVID-19 pandemic.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 32: CLC Statement on managing Payment and Contracts in these challenging times
An Open Letter from the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) supported by the Department of Business Enterprise and Industrial Strategy (DBEIS) and the Infrastructure Projects Authority (IPA) provides a statement on payments and contracts with cascading suggested to encourage ‘reasonable management … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 33: ‘Avoid using microwave to get faster internet’, from Ofcom, via the BBC
People should avoid using the microwave at the same time as their wi-fi, media regulator Ofcom has said, as part of advice to help improve internet speeds.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (COVID-19) doorstep’: Thieves take advantage of lockdown to steal lead from All Saints church roof in Halsham
The Hull Daily Mail reports that police have appealed for witnesses after thieves stole lead from the roof of All Saints Church in Halsham near Hedon during the coronavirus lockdown.
Historic England has launched an emergency fund to help tackle the impact of Coronavirus on the heritage sector, with grants of up to £25,000 to address financial difficulties arising from Coronavirus and grants of £50,000 also available for projects and … Continue reading
The heritage Legislation and Policy Team in the Welsh Government has issued its most recent update on delevopments there, including on issues relating to COVID-19.