Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
October 2020 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Search Results for: Branches Update
IHBC’s NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too!
The North West (NW) Branch of the IHBC hosts its 2019 annual conference – ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’ – in Liverpool on 10 October, ‘on how to successfully overcome the accessibility barriers that can exclude groups … Continue reading
The IHBC is delighted to welcome two new consultants to assist in the development of our CPD and accreditation and training support programmes – which include our celebrated MATE (Membership Application Training Event) sessions: Dr Ramona Usher will lead on … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Northern Ireland (NI) Branch has organised its next Continuing Professional Development (CPD) event at Glenarm Castle, with a morning dedicated to ‘conservation, diversification and sustainability’, including practical insights and onsite demonstrations from the estate manager, stonemasons and lime … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 ‘Nottingham School’: ‘Money is not the barrier’ to top notch CPD, as bursaries are still available!
Bursaries from the IHBC’s UK-wide allocation are still available for the 2019 Annual School in Nottingham on 4-6 July, themed on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience – confronting conservation calamities’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: … Continue reading
IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton
Following the IHBC South East Branch’s 2019 Day School in Woking on 1 March, lead organiser of the School and Branch committee member Chris Reynolds has written a summary report on the day, including a brief look forward to the … Continue reading
Booking opens for IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School
Book now for low-cost ‘early-bird’ prices
Explore the IHBC on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’
Booking is now open for the 2019 IHBC Annual School – in Nottingham on 4-6 July, on ’Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, with early bird low cost fees available until 20 April. image: from the collection of Nottingham … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes top lawyer double act to the 2019 Annual School, with Charles Mynors and Nigel Hewitson: ‘… on legal issues around conservation calamities’!
The IHBC has announced two leading speakers for the legal section of the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: Confronting conservation calamities’ in Nottingham on Friday 5 July, as it welcomes a special double-act of top lawyers Charles Mynors … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes 2019 School speakers, on ‘Floods and flooding’: James Innerdale (interventions) & Helen Brownlie (case studies)
The IHBC has announced two speakers for the ‘flooding’ section of the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’ in Nottingham on Friday 5 July: James Innerdale, on sensitive intervention for flood resilience, & Helen Brownlie, on … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School fires up with new speakers: Liz Davidson (Glasgow School of Art) and Steve Emery (‘what you really need to know’)
The IHBC has announced two speakers on fire-related issues for the 2019 Day School–July 4-6, on ‘Heritage, Risk and Resilience’ – with Liz Davidson covering ‘the most iconic recent case study, the Glasgow School of Art’ and Steve Emery exploring … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Christmas Gift’ No.3: ‘Best of the Blogs’ – 100 most popular NewsBlog pages of 2018, from ‘free tasters’ to ‘BS 7913’ and more
For your Christmas (and New Year) perusal, the IHBC offers a listing of then top 100 pages of our hugely popular NewsBlog services visited by readers over 2018, which include free taster ‘NewsBlogs’ and BS 7913, as they demonstrate just … Continue reading
IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched!
As part of the suite of responses to its Member Survey the IHBC has launched new ‘Branch Operations & Activities’ and ‘Branch Guidance on Social Media’, helping maintain standards in key volunteer-led operations.
IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look!
As trustees continued to build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member Survey and its positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April … Continue reading
IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October
The IHBC’s London Branch is delighted to announce the launch of its celebrated annual conference – THE key event in the diary of conservation professionals and their colleagues across London and beyond – which will take place in the Royal … Continue reading
The IHBC’s 2018 AGM papers – to be scrutinised at the Annual General Meeting at 5.15pm on Friday 22 June 2018, at Riddel Hall, Queen’s University Belfast, 185 Stranmillis Road – have been issued to members, including nominations, financial summaries … Continue reading
IHBC’s member survey seeks personal perspectives on interim findings and asks: ‘Are we missing anything’?
The IHBC has launched the next stage in its 2017-18 member survey, calling for members’ thoughts on feedback to date, with responses to be sent to our consultant, Joanna, as soon as possible, at email@example.com.
The IHBC’s Membership ELetter has been issued, updating members on of progress for – and following – IHBC Trustee meetings in October and December.
IHBC Branch survey follow up as Carla lays the groundwork for a monthly Branch and Events NewsBlog: Let Carla know what your Branch is planning!
Following the IHBC’s recent Branch Support Survey led by our Support Officer Carla Pianese, and an initial report to trustees, Carla is making the first preparations to help members, volunteers and Branches know more about what other Branches are doing, … Continue reading
The IHBC has held the latest meeting of our lead and advisory forum, ‘Council+’, where members of all categories can find out more on current operations and while the IHBC enjoys their guidance on how to develop and refine our … Continue reading
Places are still available on the IHBC South Branch CPD seminar ‘The Only Way is Ethics! Walking the line: Conservation Principles, Policy and Practice…’ with speakers including Dr Charles Mynors, Richard Oxley and David Brock, on Friday 14 July in Oxford.
IHBC’s 4th Conservation Course Connection Day: Supporting and celebrating students, learning and research – with future plans…
The IHBC’s Conservation Course Connection Day, this year led by the IHBC’s Support Officer Carla Pianese, is a critical platform for student education and outreach in the sector, and this year it also offers the chance of a free place … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2016 Yearbook out: School links (from Rypkema to ‘nudging’); HESPR members; conservation courses; IHBC practitioners and much, much more!
The IHBC Yearbook for 2016 has been distributed to members and sector leaders, containing the regular and essential IHBC updates and listings – including on HESPR members and IHBC Recognised Courses – as well as the selection of commissioned articles … Continue reading
The IHBC welcomes its newest staff member, Carla Pianese, recently appointed to help our volunteers, Branches, trustees and staff respond more effectively to current sector challenges, who can be reached through her new IHBC office email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mike Brown, IHBC … Continue reading
The new IHBC Yearbook has been issued this week and if not already there, it should be with you very shortly, containing the essential IHBC updates and directories as well as a splendid array of articles to frame this year’s … Continue reading
If you run or work in a heritage-based business and are a full member of the IHBC, and not on the IHBC’s HESPR scheme, you may be missing out on the many benefits this brings, including regular bulletins of current … Continue reading
The Northern Ireland (NI) Branch of the IHBC has elected its new committee, including Andrew McCLelland as Chair and Jill Kerry as Branch representative and IHBC trustee, at its 2014 AGM, held as part of a programme at Clifton House … Continue reading