Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s newest Context now out: Remembering the Second World War 16/08/2019
- IHBC London Branch conference launched: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond: Conserving Post-War Buildings and Places’, Wednesday 2 Oct – bauhaustobrutalism.ihbc.org.uk #IHBCBauhaustoBrutalism 16/08/2019
- IHBC at LPOC Bristol, with benefits: The Listed Property Show South West, 21 Sept – limited free places ( ‘first come’ allocation) & unlimited reduced rate tickets for IHBC members 16/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019, on ‘structures’, on video: More 2019 Day School talks now out on IHBC’s YouTube channel 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ total opportunities this week: Community Archaeology Consultant sought for ‘Belief in the NE’ project, closing 16/08 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Pontefract Castle is removed from the ‘at risk’ register 16/08/2019
- Latest Newsletter from IHBC CPD provider ESC: Special issue on traditional buildings features new IHBC ToolBox guidance 16/08/2019
- Dry stone walling added to list of intangible cultural heritage in Ireland 16/08/2019
- UKNC on ‘Cultural Heritage Innovation’: Opportunities for international development 16/08/2019
- DEFRA consultation outcome and conclusions on legislation for conservation covenants in England 16/08/2019
- England’s DCMS 5 minute survey to help them help you with ‘no deal’ Brexit scenario: Closes fast 16/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes HE’s update on post-NPPF revision heritage guidance – and adds some further thoughts… 13/08/2019
- Edinburgh’s Climate Heritage Network Global Launch, 24-25 October: With IHBC in attendance 13/08/2019
Search Results for: Branches Update
The IHBC has just concluded its 4th ‘Council+’ meeting, the institute’s recently created forum devised to extend national oversight and corporate development across a broader and more diverse constituency of members and volunteers. Photo Carla Pianese, IHBC
The IHBC is making available to members the National Office report to trustees on progress in delivering the current Corporate Plan, ‘CP20’, at the end of the first of its five-year life. IHBC Chair James Caird said: ‘It’s important that … Continue reading
NewsBlog feature: IHBC’s ‘LETS’ Liaison Officer update – Almost a year on and 200+ prospective applicants & 5000+ in events
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s officer responsible for supporting Branches and networks across our ‘Learning Education Training and Standards’ (LETS) agenda, updates on her IHBC work, in which she has helped advise 200+ prospective applicants and network with c.5000+ at events. Kate … Continue reading
As she heads into a much deserved Christmas break, Kate Kendall, IHBC’s LETS (Learning Education Training and Standards) Liaison Officer offers our members a short reminder of just what has been happening with her role since she started up in … Continue reading
Pre-School planning for 2018? Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) in Belfast (31/05) and beyond, with free application support MATE sessions
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), booking open), … Continue reading
Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06)
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Northern Ireland (NI) Branch has organised its next Continuing Professional Development (CPD) event at Glenarm Castle, with a morning dedicated to ‘conservation, diversification and sustainability’, including practical insights and onsite demonstrations from the estate manager, stonemasons and lime … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 ‘Nottingham School’: ‘Money is not the barrier’ to top notch CPD, as bursaries are still available!
Bursaries from the IHBC’s UK-wide allocation are still available for the 2019 Annual School in Nottingham on 4-6 July, themed on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience – confronting conservation calamities’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: … Continue reading
IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton
Following the IHBC South East Branch’s 2019 Day School in Woking on 1 March, lead organiser of the School and Branch committee member Chris Reynolds has written a summary report on the day, including a brief look forward to the … Continue reading
Booking opens for IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School
Book now for low-cost ‘early-bird’ prices
Explore the IHBC on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’
Booking is now open for the 2019 IHBC Annual School – in Nottingham on 4-6 July, on ’Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, with early bird low cost fees available until 20 April. image: from the collection of Nottingham … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes top lawyer double act to the 2019 Annual School, with Charles Mynors and Nigel Hewitson: ‘… on legal issues around conservation calamities’!
The IHBC has announced two leading speakers for the legal section of the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: Confronting conservation calamities’ in Nottingham on Friday 5 July, as it welcomes a special double-act of top lawyers Charles Mynors … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes 2019 School speakers, on ‘Floods and flooding’: James Innerdale (interventions) & Helen Brownlie (case studies)
The IHBC has announced two speakers for the ‘flooding’ section of the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’ in Nottingham on Friday 5 July: James Innerdale, on sensitive intervention for flood resilience, & Helen Brownlie, on … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School fires up with new speakers: Liz Davidson (Glasgow School of Art) and Steve Emery (‘what you really need to know’)
The IHBC has announced two speakers on fire-related issues for the 2019 Day School–July 4-6, on ‘Heritage, Risk and Resilience’ – with Liz Davidson covering ‘the most iconic recent case study, the Glasgow School of Art’ and Steve Emery exploring … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Christmas Gift’ No.3: ‘Best of the Blogs’ – 100 most popular NewsBlog pages of 2018, from ‘free tasters’ to ‘BS 7913’ and more
For your Christmas (and New Year) perusal, the IHBC offers a listing of then top 100 pages of our hugely popular NewsBlog services visited by readers over 2018, which include free taster ‘NewsBlogs’ and BS 7913, as they demonstrate just … Continue reading
IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched!
As part of the suite of responses to its Member Survey the IHBC has launched new ‘Branch Operations & Activities’ and ‘Branch Guidance on Social Media’, helping maintain standards in key volunteer-led operations.
IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look!
As trustees continued to build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member Survey and its positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April … Continue reading
IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October
The IHBC’s London Branch is delighted to announce the launch of its celebrated annual conference – THE key event in the diary of conservation professionals and their colleagues across London and beyond – which will take place in the Royal … Continue reading
The IHBC’s 2018 AGM papers – to be scrutinised at the Annual General Meeting at 5.15pm on Friday 22 June 2018, at Riddel Hall, Queen’s University Belfast, 185 Stranmillis Road – have been issued to members, including nominations, financial summaries … Continue reading
IHBC’s member survey seeks personal perspectives on interim findings and asks: ‘Are we missing anything’?
The IHBC has launched the next stage in its 2017-18 member survey, calling for members’ thoughts on feedback to date, with responses to be sent to our consultant, Joanna, as soon as possible, at email@example.com.
The IHBC’s Membership ELetter has been issued, updating members on of progress for – and following – IHBC Trustee meetings in October and December.
IHBC Branch survey follow up as Carla lays the groundwork for a monthly Branch and Events NewsBlog: Let Carla know what your Branch is planning!
Following the IHBC’s recent Branch Support Survey led by our Support Officer Carla Pianese, and an initial report to trustees, Carla is making the first preparations to help members, volunteers and Branches know more about what other Branches are doing, … Continue reading
The IHBC has held the latest meeting of our lead and advisory forum, ‘Council+’, where members of all categories can find out more on current operations and while the IHBC enjoys their guidance on how to develop and refine our … Continue reading
Places are still available on the IHBC South Branch CPD seminar ‘The Only Way is Ethics! Walking the line: Conservation Principles, Policy and Practice…’ with speakers including Dr Charles Mynors, Richard Oxley and David Brock, on Friday 14 July in Oxford.
IHBC’s 4th Conservation Course Connection Day: Supporting and celebrating students, learning and research – with future plans…
The IHBC’s Conservation Course Connection Day, this year led by the IHBC’s Support Officer Carla Pianese, is a critical platform for student education and outreach in the sector, and this year it also offers the chance of a free place … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2016 Yearbook out: School links (from Rypkema to ‘nudging’); HESPR members; conservation courses; IHBC practitioners and much, much more!
The IHBC Yearbook for 2016 has been distributed to members and sector leaders, containing the regular and essential IHBC updates and listings – including on HESPR members and IHBC Recognised Courses – as well as the selection of commissioned articles … Continue reading