Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC at the Natural Stone Show 2019? Naturally… and packed with free IHBC-recognised CPD – 30 April-2 May, ExCel! 18/01/2019
- IHBC welcomes Historic England Angel Award 2018 winner – Great Yarmouth PT – as part of Context’s international ‘European Perspectives’ issue 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.4M+ costed work this week: Character Statements for N Herts Conservation Areas sought, closing 4/2, value £75 -100k 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Suffolk campaigners hope listed monument to St Edmund will deter developers 18/01/2019
- New ‘Wates Principles’ aim to improve corporate governance standards among private companies 18/01/2019
- Councils approve planning applications at ‘fastest rate’ in a decade – as Shelter says planning system failings on new homes a ‘Developers… myth’ 18/01/2019
- Cambridge CC to bring Cambridge Live cultural services back in-house 18/01/2019
- Grant Thornton: A third of councils at risk of financial failure in the next decade! 18/01/2019
- RAC Foundation analysis indicates ‘substandard’ council-maintained bridges on the rise 18/01/2019
- England’s communities to have greater say in protecting local trees: Closing Feb 28 18/01/2019
- Bid to introduce a £2 tourist tax in Edinburgh wins support 18/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
Search Results for: Branches Update
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
Now that holidays are finished, why not take some time to plan your CPD ready for the autumn schedule of events? Want to boost your skills in the sector? Volunteer with our professional Branches! Browse a variety of Branch events, … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
This 5th issue of our IHBC Branches Update reviews local CPD opportunities – and much more – currently on offer from our Branches across the UK! Members and non-members can browse IHBC Branch and partnering events ranging from the restoration … Continue reading
This 4th issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another great variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK open to IHBC members and non-members! Places are filling fast for our 2018 Annual School in Belfast which offers some … Continue reading
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
This second issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering an extremely rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
There’s lots on across the IHBC this November and after, from CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. If you need more guidance to upgrade your conservation accreditation with us, and in line with national and … Continue reading
To build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member survey [https://ihbconline.co.uk/newsachive/?p=18289] and its resoundingly positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April IHBC … Continue reading
The IHBC’s current member ELetter is out, updating members (and others) on progress following IHBC board meetings in February and April, reporting a new membership high of 2600+ alongside other updates such as our data protection plans.
New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017!
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
Another IHBC application support day sorted: Yorkshire Branch MATE session update from Kate, and plans for Manchester on 25 Jan and beyond
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s Learning Education, Training and Standards (LETS) Officer, and lead on training for IHBC accreditation, has delivered another well-received Membership Application Training Event (MATE) for the Yorkshire Branch, in York, at the end of November, with next seminar … Continue reading
IHBC update on MATE’s – Membership Application Training Events: Let Kate know if your Branch, network or business needs a MATE!
Kate Kendall, IHBC lead on our ‘MATE’ sessions – the Membership Application Training Events – offers her update on your Institute’s progress in supporting applications for conservation accreditation, and calls for IHBC Branches and heritage networks and businesses interested in … Continue reading
The IHBC has just concluded its 4th ‘Council+’ meeting, the institute’s recently created forum devised to extend national oversight and corporate development across a broader and more diverse constituency of members and volunteers. Photo Carla Pianese, IHBC
The IHBC is making available to members the National Office report to trustees on progress in delivering the current Corporate Plan, ‘CP20’, at the end of the first of its five-year life. IHBC Chair James Caird said: ‘It’s important that … Continue reading
NewsBlog feature: IHBC’s ‘LETS’ Liaison Officer update – Almost a year on and 200+ prospective applicants & 5000+ in events
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s officer responsible for supporting Branches and networks across our ‘Learning Education Training and Standards’ (LETS) agenda, updates on her IHBC work, in which she has helped advise 200+ prospective applicants and network with c.5000+ at events. Kate … Continue reading
As she heads into a much deserved Christmas break, Kate Kendall, IHBC’s LETS (Learning Education Training and Standards) Liaison Officer offers our members a short reminder of just what has been happening with her role since she started up in … Continue reading
Pre-School planning for 2018? Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) in Belfast (31/05) and beyond, with free application support MATE sessions
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), booking open), … Continue reading
Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06)
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Christmas Gift’ No.3: ‘Best of the Blogs’ – 100 most popular NewsBlog pages of 2018, from ‘free tasters’ to ‘BS 7913’ and more
For your Christmas (and New Year) perusal, the IHBC offers a listing of then top 100 pages of our hugely popular NewsBlog services visited by readers over 2018, which include free taster ‘NewsBlogs’ and BS 7913, as they demonstrate just … Continue reading
IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched!
As part of the suite of responses to its Member Survey the IHBC has launched new ‘Branch Operations & Activities’ and ‘Branch Guidance on Social Media’, helping maintain standards in key volunteer-led operations.
IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look!
As trustees continued to build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member Survey and its positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April … Continue reading
IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October
The IHBC’s London Branch is delighted to announce the launch of its celebrated annual conference – THE key event in the diary of conservation professionals and their colleagues across London and beyond – which will take place in the Royal … Continue reading