Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
October 2021 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Search Results for: Branches Update
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
Now that holidays are finished, why not take some time to plan your CPD ready for the autumn schedule of events? Want to boost your skills in the sector? Volunteer with our professional Branches! Browse a variety of Branch events, … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
This 5th issue of our IHBC Branches Update reviews local CPD opportunities – and much more – currently on offer from our Branches across the UK! Members and non-members can browse IHBC Branch and partnering events ranging from the restoration … Continue reading
This 4th issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another great variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK open to IHBC members and non-members! Places are filling fast for our 2018 Annual School in Belfast which offers some … Continue reading
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
This second issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering an extremely rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
IHBC’s President’s update to Branches: Remember your Marsh Awards nominations – ‘Successful Learning’ and ‘Retired IHBC’ Closing SOON (28 Feb)
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC). See the NewsBlog.
The IHBC’s Chair David McDonald has offered the following interim statement on our plans and operations, in advance of determinations by our trustees who will meet (online) next Thursday to agree a forward strategy across our suite of current plans.
There’s lots happening in the IHBC just now, and in advance of more details on recent achievements and new plans in our forthcoming Membership eletter update, here are some tasters to keep you ticking over during the break:
The IHBC’s most recent ‘Council+’ (‘Council plus’) – the institute’s twice-yearly, UK-wide forum for leadership, engagement and scrutiny, open to all IHBC membership categories – was held in London on 29 November, in the stunning setting of the listed Art … Continue reading
IHBC’s next Council+ update, London, 28 Nov – ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners: Availability and planning, opportunities and assessment’ – Apply now (IHBC CPD certified; numbers restricted; expenses covered)
IHBC’s Council+ (C+) meetings offer members of any category or level of knowledge the chance to explore the institute’s work and contribute to its development, while the 28 November C+ in London offers a unique opportunity to develop the IHBC’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner
A busy autumn continues to see a wide range of branch events across the UK. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Wood is Good’ Conference and AGM 18 Oct Yorkshire Branch – Pevsner, Yorkshire: The North Riding and AGM … Continue reading
Autumn brings a torrent of new branch events across the UK including preparation for next year’s school in Brighton. This month’s features include: West Midlands Branch – The Sleeping Beauty Awakes: Visit Pitchford Hall 17 Sep South Branch – Forget … Continue reading
As the Annual School in Nottingham kicks off July, more exciting events are taking place across the UK including preparation for next year’s school in Brighton. This month’s features include:
Many more exciting events are taking place across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Clay Day’ at the Chiltern Open Air Museum, 7 … Continue reading
New LA conservation jobs update for 2018! ‘IHBC Toolbox’ Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc.
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
More exciting events are in store across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: DOWNLOAD the PDF or continue reading below.
IHBC Branches have again been busy planning and organising CPD events across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: Scotland Branch – Contemporary Design in Historic Places … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy springtime for the IHBC Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. This month’s features include: Policy into Practice: IHBC South East Branch Day School and … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Council+ reviews IHBC conservation accreditation and CPD support: From MATE sessions to feedback and updates – London 2 May, with opportunities for all (travel paid) so register your interest ASAP!
The next IHBC Council+ – our national forum for engaging with members at all skills levels – will provide members, associates and affiliates with the opportunity to focus on their continuing professional development (CPD), so if you want to join … Continue reading
IHBC 2019 Day School update: ‘On structures and structural failure’ at IHBC’s Nottingham School, with Ed Morton (ex Canterbury, York and Westminster to St Paul’s) and John Ruddy (case study)
The IHBC has announced the next round of speakers for the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, in Nottingham on 5 July, with renowned conservation engineers and IHBC Members Ed Morton and John Ruddy looking at … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy 2019 for the IHBC’s Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more! This month’s features include: An afternoon with Dr Charles Mynors organised by the North … Continue reading