Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new professional and training support staff: Ramona Usher and Sarah Cheng 23/08/2019
- Extended and updated: IHBC free CPD benefits at The Listed Property Show South West – now with unlimited free places for members, and opportunities to volunteer too: Bristol, 21/09 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £20M+ of opportunities this week: Pallant House seeks Multi Disciplinary Design Team, closing 13/09, valued £400K 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Famous Bowie Bandstand in Bromley wins listed status 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context and from ‘Building Services’: Lighting standards, World Heritage, and Bath 23/08/2019
- Company fined £20,000 for unauthorised work on listed building 23/08/2019
- PAS – Scotland’s planning advisory and citizenship service – asks for ‘Help to make a ‘zine’ about place!’, revised closing: 30/09 23/08/2019
- £10m boost from CITB to get people of diverse backgrounds into construction, with its ‘Pathways Into Construction’ programme 23/08/2019
- Council services ‘declining’ due to £5bn funding gap 23/08/2019
- AHRC calls for nominations to the Peer Review College 2019 23/08/2019
- New scoping study on ‘interactions’ between UK HE institutions and the heritage sector out, with supporting survey! 23/08/2019
- National Development Framework sets out 20 year land use framework for Wales 23/08/2019
- Scottish Landscape Character Types – map and descriptions facility from SNH 23/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
Search Results for: Branches Update
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
Now that holidays are finished, why not take some time to plan your CPD ready for the autumn schedule of events? Want to boost your skills in the sector? Volunteer with our professional Branches! Browse a variety of Branch events, … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
This 5th issue of our IHBC Branches Update reviews local CPD opportunities – and much more – currently on offer from our Branches across the UK! Members and non-members can browse IHBC Branch and partnering events ranging from the restoration … Continue reading
This 4th issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another great variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK open to IHBC members and non-members! Places are filling fast for our 2018 Annual School in Belfast which offers some … Continue reading
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
This second issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering an extremely rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
IHBC’s President’s update to Branches: Remember your Marsh Awards nominations – ‘Successful Learning’ and ‘Retired IHBC’ Closing SOON (28 Feb)
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC). See the NewsBlog.
As the Annual School in Nottingham kicks off July, more exciting events are taking place across the UK including preparation for next year’s school in Brighton. This month’s features include:
Many more exciting events are taking place across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Clay Day’ at the Chiltern Open Air Museum, 7 … Continue reading
New LA conservation jobs update for 2018! ‘IHBC Toolbox’ Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc.
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
More exciting events are in store across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: DOWNLOAD the PDF or continue reading below.
IHBC Branches have again been busy planning and organising CPD events across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: Scotland Branch – Contemporary Design in Historic Places … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy springtime for the IHBC Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. This month’s features include: Policy into Practice: IHBC South East Branch Day School and … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Council+ reviews IHBC conservation accreditation and CPD support: From MATE sessions to feedback and updates – London 2 May, with opportunities for all (travel paid) so register your interest ASAP!
The next IHBC Council+ – our national forum for engaging with members at all skills levels – will provide members, associates and affiliates with the opportunity to focus on their continuing professional development (CPD), so if you want to join … Continue reading
IHBC 2019 Day School update: ‘On structures and structural failure’ at IHBC’s Nottingham School, with Ed Morton (ex Canterbury, York and Westminster to St Paul’s) and John Ruddy (case study)
The IHBC has announced the next round of speakers for the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, in Nottingham on 5 July, with renowned conservation engineers and IHBC Members Ed Morton and John Ruddy looking at … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy 2019 for the IHBC’s Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more! This month’s features include: An afternoon with Dr Charles Mynors organised by the North … Continue reading
There’s lots on across the IHBC this November and after, from CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. If you need more guidance to upgrade your conservation accreditation with us, and in line with national and … Continue reading
To build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member survey [https://ihbconline.co.uk/newsachive/?p=18289] and its resoundingly positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April IHBC … Continue reading
The IHBC’s current member ELetter is out, updating members (and others) on progress following IHBC board meetings in February and April, reporting a new membership high of 2600+ alongside other updates such as our data protection plans.
New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017!
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
Another IHBC application support day sorted: Yorkshire Branch MATE session update from Kate, and plans for Manchester on 25 Jan and beyond
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s Learning Education, Training and Standards (LETS) Officer, and lead on training for IHBC accreditation, has delivered another well-received Membership Application Training Event (MATE) for the Yorkshire Branch, in York, at the end of November, with next seminar … Continue reading
IHBC update on MATE’s – Membership Application Training Events: Let Kate know if your Branch, network or business needs a MATE!
Kate Kendall, IHBC lead on our ‘MATE’ sessions – the Membership Application Training Events – offers her update on your Institute’s progress in supporting applications for conservation accreditation, and calls for IHBC Branches and heritage networks and businesses interested in … Continue reading