Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Search Results for: Branches Update
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
Now that holidays are finished, why not take some time to plan your CPD ready for the autumn schedule of events? Want to boost your skills in the sector? Volunteer with our professional Branches! Browse a variety of Branch events, … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
This 5th issue of our IHBC Branches Update reviews local CPD opportunities – and much more – currently on offer from our Branches across the UK! Members and non-members can browse IHBC Branch and partnering events ranging from the restoration … Continue reading
This 4th issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another great variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK open to IHBC members and non-members! Places are filling fast for our 2018 Annual School in Belfast which offers some … Continue reading
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
This second issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering an extremely rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
IHBC’s President’s update to Branches: Remember your Marsh Awards nominations – ‘Successful Learning’ and ‘Retired IHBC’ Closing SOON (28 Feb)
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC). See the NewsBlog.
IHBC’s next Council+ update, London, 28 Nov – ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners: Availability and planning, opportunities and assessment’ – Apply now (IHBC CPD certified; numbers restricted; expenses covered)
IHBC’s Council+ (C+) meetings offer members of any category or level of knowledge the chance to explore the institute’s work and contribute to its development, while the 28 November C+ in London offers a unique opportunity to develop the IHBC’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner
A busy autumn continues to see a wide range of branch events across the UK. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Wood is Good’ Conference and AGM 18 Oct Yorkshire Branch – Pevsner, Yorkshire: The North Riding and AGM … Continue reading
Autumn brings a torrent of new branch events across the UK including preparation for next year’s school in Brighton. This month’s features include: West Midlands Branch – The Sleeping Beauty Awakes: Visit Pitchford Hall 17 Sep South Branch – Forget … Continue reading
As the Annual School in Nottingham kicks off July, more exciting events are taking place across the UK including preparation for next year’s school in Brighton. This month’s features include:
Many more exciting events are taking place across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Clay Day’ at the Chiltern Open Air Museum, 7 … Continue reading
New LA conservation jobs update for 2018! ‘IHBC Toolbox’ Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc.
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
More exciting events are in store across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: DOWNLOAD the PDF or continue reading below.
IHBC Branches have again been busy planning and organising CPD events across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: Scotland Branch – Contemporary Design in Historic Places … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy springtime for the IHBC Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. This month’s features include: Policy into Practice: IHBC South East Branch Day School and … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Council+ reviews IHBC conservation accreditation and CPD support: From MATE sessions to feedback and updates – London 2 May, with opportunities for all (travel paid) so register your interest ASAP!
The next IHBC Council+ – our national forum for engaging with members at all skills levels – will provide members, associates and affiliates with the opportunity to focus on their continuing professional development (CPD), so if you want to join … Continue reading
IHBC 2019 Day School update: ‘On structures and structural failure’ at IHBC’s Nottingham School, with Ed Morton (ex Canterbury, York and Westminster to St Paul’s) and John Ruddy (case study)
The IHBC has announced the next round of speakers for the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, in Nottingham on 5 July, with renowned conservation engineers and IHBC Members Ed Morton and John Ruddy looking at … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy 2019 for the IHBC’s Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more! This month’s features include: An afternoon with Dr Charles Mynors organised by the North … Continue reading
There’s lots on across the IHBC this November and after, from CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. If you need more guidance to upgrade your conservation accreditation with us, and in line with national and … Continue reading
To build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member survey [https://ihbconline.co.uk/newsachive/?p=18289] and its resoundingly positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April IHBC … Continue reading
The IHBC’s current member ELetter is out, updating members (and others) on progress following IHBC board meetings in February and April, reporting a new membership high of 2600+ alongside other updates such as our data protection plans.