Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
- IHBC reminder to employers: ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March – IHBC Chair urges responses, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives 16/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £28.3M+ costed work this week: Coventry CC seeks Project Manager for London Road Cemetery, closing 19/03, £40k-£75k 16/03/2019
- RTPI says ‘Au revoir’ to planning in the public interest… Hello ‘Austerity Planner’ 16/03/2019
- South West Wales to benefit from £27m funding boost 16/03/2019
- Heritage sector generated over £4bn for Scotland’s economy in 2017-18 16/03/2019
- Revealed: The thousands of public spaces lost to the council funding crisis 16/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee announces inquiry into Local Government finance: Submissions closing 17 April 16/03/2019
- Man sentenced after church lead thefts spanning four counties 16/03/2019
- Buxton bid to £675m Future High Streets Fund in move to boost town centre 16/03/2019
- Futures of The Barrow Boys and Hull’s Banksy decided by Hull City Council’s planning committee 16/03/2019
Search Results for: Branches Update
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
Now that holidays are finished, why not take some time to plan your CPD ready for the autumn schedule of events? Want to boost your skills in the sector? Volunteer with our professional Branches! Browse a variety of Branch events, … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
This 5th issue of our IHBC Branches Update reviews local CPD opportunities – and much more – currently on offer from our Branches across the UK! Members and non-members can browse IHBC Branch and partnering events ranging from the restoration … Continue reading
This 4th issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another great variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK open to IHBC members and non-members! Places are filling fast for our 2018 Annual School in Belfast which offers some … Continue reading
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
This second issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering an extremely rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
IHBC’s President’s update to Branches: Remember your Marsh Awards nominations – ‘Successful Learning’ and ‘Retired IHBC’ Closing SOON (28 Feb)
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC). See the NewsBlog.
It’s the beginning of a busy springtime for the IHBC Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. This month’s features include: Policy into Practice: IHBC South East Branch Day School and … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Council+ reviews IHBC conservation accreditation and CPD support: From MATE sessions to feedback and updates – London 2 May, with opportunities for all (travel paid) so register your interest ASAP!
The next IHBC Council+ – our national forum for engaging with members at all skills levels – will provide members, associates and affiliates with the opportunity to focus on their continuing professional development (CPD), so if you want to join … Continue reading
IHBC 2019 Day School update: ‘On structures and structural failure’ at IHBC’s Nottingham School, with Ed Morton (ex Canterbury, York and Westminster to St Paul’s) and John Ruddy (case study)
The IHBC has announced the next round of speakers for the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, in Nottingham on 5 July, with renowned conservation engineers and IHBC Members Ed Morton and John Ruddy looking at … Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a busy 2019 for the IHBC’s Branches, from planning and organising CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more! This month’s features include: An afternoon with Dr Charles Mynors organised by the North … Continue reading
There’s lots on across the IHBC this November and after, from CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. If you need more guidance to upgrade your conservation accreditation with us, and in line with national and … Continue reading
To build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member survey [https://ihbconline.co.uk/newsachive/?p=18289] and its resoundingly positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April IHBC … Continue reading
The IHBC’s current member ELetter is out, updating members (and others) on progress following IHBC board meetings in February and April, reporting a new membership high of 2600+ alongside other updates such as our data protection plans.
New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017!
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
Another IHBC application support day sorted: Yorkshire Branch MATE session update from Kate, and plans for Manchester on 25 Jan and beyond
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s Learning Education, Training and Standards (LETS) Officer, and lead on training for IHBC accreditation, has delivered another well-received Membership Application Training Event (MATE) for the Yorkshire Branch, in York, at the end of November, with next seminar … Continue reading
IHBC update on MATE’s – Membership Application Training Events: Let Kate know if your Branch, network or business needs a MATE!
Kate Kendall, IHBC lead on our ‘MATE’ sessions – the Membership Application Training Events – offers her update on your Institute’s progress in supporting applications for conservation accreditation, and calls for IHBC Branches and heritage networks and businesses interested in … Continue reading
The IHBC has just concluded its 4th ‘Council+’ meeting, the institute’s recently created forum devised to extend national oversight and corporate development across a broader and more diverse constituency of members and volunteers. Photo Carla Pianese, IHBC
The IHBC is making available to members the National Office report to trustees on progress in delivering the current Corporate Plan, ‘CP20’, at the end of the first of its five-year life. IHBC Chair James Caird said: ‘It’s important that … Continue reading
NewsBlog feature: IHBC’s ‘LETS’ Liaison Officer update – Almost a year on and 200+ prospective applicants & 5000+ in events
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s officer responsible for supporting Branches and networks across our ‘Learning Education Training and Standards’ (LETS) agenda, updates on her IHBC work, in which she has helped advise 200+ prospective applicants and network with c.5000+ at events. Kate … Continue reading
As she heads into a much deserved Christmas break, Kate Kendall, IHBC’s LETS (Learning Education Training and Standards) Liaison Officer offers our members a short reminder of just what has been happening with her role since she started up in … Continue reading
Pre-School planning for 2018? Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) in Belfast (31/05) and beyond, with free application support MATE sessions
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), booking open), … Continue reading