Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
IHBC CPD boost, in Context, on ‘Lime and stone’: Reopening historic quarries to repair Exeter Cathedral
The Heritage Alliance is delighted to announce that Peter Ainsworth has agreed to be our new Chair from December 2018.
image: Heritage Alliance website
British Council: Cultural Protection Fund closing round grants (up to £300k): Expressions of Interest deadline – 24/08
The former Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government announced on 5 March 2018 that there would be an independent end-to-end review of the planning appeal inquiries process, and views are now sought in a call for evidence closing 18 September.
Contains public sector information licensed
under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC Calendar and pass them on to your colleagues and networks.
Don’t miss the FREE disaster-related event in Leicester with East Midlands Branch, the London Branch’s ‘Tour of Turner’s house in Twickenham and the forthcoming North West Branch Annual Conference in Liverpool.
ALWAYS BE SURE TO BOOK AND CHECK WITH THE BRANCH FOR LATEST DETAILS!
And remember all the Branches are encouraged to send feedback on events – just send an email to Carla at email@example.com with a few details and any photos you would like to share.
DOWNLOAD the PDF or continue reading below:
IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s Learning Education, Training and Standards (LETS) Officer – and our lead on training for IHBC accreditation – has undertaken another three, well-received Membership Application Training Event (MATE) sessions – with members of the IHBC’s HESPR quality assurance scheme for commercial and corporate conservation practices: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK – to help staff understand the accreditation process and develop applications.
Using references such as the RICS Rights of light: Practical guidance for chartered surveyors in England and Wales, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – offers a briefing on ‘Rights to light’ that IHBC members can both review as a ‘CPD boost’ and, where registered with DBW, enhance on the basis of their own experience.
Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development
French dimensional stone is starting to receive the EU geographical identification (GI) protection already extended to food and drink products such as Melton Mowbray pork pies and Champagne, as the granites of Bretagne have been joined by the limestone of Bourgogne under the protection of the Signe officiel de qualité et d’origine.
The IHBC has welcomed a new study by PLACE Alliance and partners – Reviewing design review in London – examining design review cases in London to provide ‘a 360-degree analysis of the diversity of design review practices across London and the benefits that flow from high quality provision.’
image: Place Alliance by Rob Cowan
Building History Bulletin from Cambridge MSt features IHBC successes: 2017 Student Award winner Rodolfo Acevedo Rodriguez and more…
The ‘Building History Newsletter’ of the IHBC-recognised Cambridge Master of Studies (MSt) in Building History highlighted the success of their IHBC Gus Astley Annual Student Award winner for 2017, Rodolfo Acevedo Rodriguez, while also reporting that course graduate Sophie Hetherington had become accredited as a Full Member of the IHBC.