IHBC offers free one-year, first-timer ‘taster’ memberships to students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* – simply JOIN ONLINE HERE
BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS INCLUDE:
News and work from the IHBC:
- Context: Membership journal
- Yearbook: Membership annual
- ToolBox: Membership resource
- Conservation Wiki: Sector supplement
IHBC Education Secretary Andrew Shepherd said: ‘The Institute values the importance of the recognised courses in providing the required skills for our sector. This offer makes a unique contribution to the upskilling of course participants.’
‘So I’m delighted that the IHBC is again offering this additional support to those on conservation courses recognised by the institute. These courses deliver content in line with the IHBC’s ICOMOS-compliant professional and specialist standards, our ‘Areas of Competence’, and can only benefit from the added financial incentives we can offer.’
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘With new student members on IHBC-recognised conservation courses now able to receive their first ‘taster year’ of IHBC support as Affiliate members for free, we can tie independent conservation education to our own specialist and ethical practice standards.’
‘This way the IHBC is laying the foundations both for the future careers of new members, young and old, and for the best conservation outcomes for the built and historic environment under their care’.
IHBC Recognised Courses are listed on the website
The offer applies to non-member students on course with either Full or Select recognition.
Simply fill out the short online registration form, identifying your course in the ‘Notes’ section.
* NB: Terms and conditions apply
- Applicants must be applying as new members of the IHBC and be registered as students on a conservation course currently recognised by the IHBC
- See Recognised Courses details and listing
- Students from conservation courses with either Full or Select recognition are eligible
- UK addresses only may be used
- This ‘taster’ offer does not apply to existing or recent members, and is a ‘one time only’ offer for any student
- The offer applies only for one year (September to September) at which time renewal may be secured through fee support or payment as follows:
- Anyone on low-income, including students renewing membership, may avail of the IHBC’s other membership fee support, detailed on ourwebsite
- If membership is renewed in the September following the free taster, a reduced (50%) fee for a half-year period to the following April will apply
- If not renewed, membership, as well as membership concessions, benefits and support, will be terminated
- Students qualifying for the offer need only fill out the short online registration form, identifying their course in the ‘Notes’ section
- Follow the links to see more on IHBC membership and the Areas of Competence.
Anyone on low wage, including students not qualifying for this offer, can find out more about fee support from the IHBC.
To join, students should complete the short online registration form and include the name of their course in the ‘Notes’ section.
For more background see the NewsBlog