The Heritage Alliance (THA) has published its new fiscal manifesto ‘Backing the Bedrock‘ which sets out five heritage fiscal and funding priorities for 2019.
This document represents shared priorities across our diverse membership and details five funding and fiscal measures that will give our world-leading heritage sector a positive future:
- Champion our world-leading heritage sector on the world stage – maximising Brexit’s opportunities,
- and minimising its challenges for heritage;
- Ensure continued National Lottery funding for the heritage sector and adequate funding for Historic England;
- Promote heritage assets as part of creating vibrant places and more home;
- Reform the tax regime to promote the repair and maintenance of our nation’s irreplaceable heritage assets;
- Help the heritage sector to attract more investment and engagement and build sector skills and capacity.
View the document