Helping conservation careers and heritage employers across the UK, the IHBC updates readers about recent job and trainee openings on its ‘Jobs etc’ service – with this round alone ranging from a Cadw Historic Environment (HE) Head to a trust Chief Executive (CEO: York) and now the Professional Development (PD) Officer for the IHBC – so sign up for free alerts today to stay ‘in the know’ on IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc’!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘The IHBC Jobs etc service continues to reflect wide demand from employers – regulators as well as wider public, commercial and charity operations – with posts that demand a wide range of conservation and heritage-related skills sets.’
‘Conservation skills that map to the IHBC’s core skills and accreditation standards – with their unique ties to established national and interdisciplinary standards – continue to loom especially large across our jobs adverts, including those from public, private and voluntary sector employers. This is, of course, particularly the case in the IHBC’s new Professional Development (PD) Officer post, which closes on 8 July!’
‘Another special recent highlight in early career opportunities has been the advertisement of two senior posts: a Senior Management Team post in Cadw – part of the Welsh Government – as Head of Historic Environment Branch South East Wales, and Chief Executive of the York Civic Trust (with salary described as ‘competitive’). These demonstrate the ongoing – if too sporadic – recognition for professional skills and links at senior levels in heritage organisations.
Significantly, and very welcome too in terms of the wide scope of the IHBC’s Jobs etc service, is the call from Townscape and Heritage consultant Citydesigner for ‘a dynamic architect and/or urban designer with an interest in heritage townscape, to work as a Scheme Consultant.’
National heritage bodies generally are also using the service for substantial roles, as Historic England has advertised posts for ‘Architects/Surveyors’, and an Architectural Investigator – while The Georgian Group is seeking a ‘Conservation Adviser’ and the War Memorials Trust a more formally titled ‘Conservation Officer’.
More regional and local bodies also seek specialists with core conservation skills framed by the IHBC’s membership criteria, as Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust seeks a ‘Perth City Mills Development Officer’, while the Diocese of Worcester is advertising wider ‘Heritage & Conservation consultancy opportunities’.
Private sector posts recently posted open include a similarly diverse range of titles and roles, all identifying skills linked to the IHBC’s core conservation standards: LUC (Historic Environment Consultant); Purcell (Senior Heritage Consultant); Lathams (for an architect, interestingly. with its specialism cast under a ‘Conservation/Creative re-use’ heading); AECOM (Senior Built Heritage Consultants) and a longsstanding call from Mott MacDonald for a Principal Heritage Consultant.
Local authorities, naturally, also continue to figure highly as employers seeking conservation professional competences underpinned by the full panoply of skills defined under the ICOMOS 1993 conservation guidelines, with ‘Conservation Officer’ or equivalents posts offered at Warwick, South Derbyshire, Leicester City Council, Southampton and Mendip.
Recent posts include those below, all with different closing dates:
- IHBC: Professional Development (PD) Officer
- Welsh Government: Head of Historic Environment Branch – South East Wales
- The Georgian Group: Conservation Adviser
- Citydesigner: Scheme Consultant
- LUC: Historic Environment Consultant
- Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust: Perth City Mills Development Officer
- Diocese of Worcester: Heritage & Conservation consultancy opportunities
- York Civic Trust: Chief Executive
- War Memorials Trust: Conservation Officer
- Purcell: Senior Heritage Consultant – Cambridge/Norwich
- Warwick District Council: Assistant Conservation Officer
- Lathams: Architect – Conservation/Creative re-use
- South Derbyshire District Council: Conservation Officer
- Historic England: Architect/Surveyor, Birmingham & Cambridge (2 posts)
- Historic England: Architectural Investigator
- Leicester City Council: Building Conservation Officer
- AECOM: Senior Built Heritage Consultants – Birmingham/ Leeds
- Southampton City Council: Historic Environment Officer
- Mendip District Council: Conservation Officer
- Mott MacDonald : Principal Heritage Consultant
The IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers advertisers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Jobs etc. posts feature regularly on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- 2000 specialist and personal contact network (IHBC members and non-members) by individual email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on the IHBC Jobs etc website
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Download the flyer
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service