Helping conservation careers and heritage employers across the UK, the IHBC updates readers about recent job and trainee openings on its ‘Jobs etc’ service – from HES (Historic Environment Scotland) to HRP (Historic Royal Palaces) – so sign up for free alerts today to stay ‘in the know’ on IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc’!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘The IHBC Jobs etc service continues to reflect wide demand from employers – regulators as well as wider public, commercial and charity operations – for new staff and support that offer a wide range of conservation and heritage-related skills sets.’
‘Conservation skills that map to the IHBC’s core skills and accreditation standards – with their unique ties to established national and interdisciplinary standards -continue to loom especially large across our jobs adverts from public, private and voluntary sector employers.’
‘A special recent highlight in early career opportunities has been the advertisement of 10 trainee posts at Historic Environment Scotland (HES), with salaries from £17,500 – which represents a substantial investment in the full diversity of skills across built and historic environment conservation practice – while heritage-linked roles for suitably qualified professionals in Quantity Surveying (QS) and Project Management (PM) – with salaries ranging from £30k- 70k and £30k-60k respectively – are on offer at Historic Royal Palaces (HRP).
‘Other posts advertised embrace an equally diverse spread of local authority conservation-specific posts, such as at Thanet and the Peak District National Park, as well as Wokingham’s Urban Design and Conservation Officer post and, previously noted, Chichester’s Conservation and Design role. The charity sector service provider South West Heritage Trust also is seeking a Senior Conservation Officer to operate in a comparable role.
Altogether these reaffirm the role and core skills that the IHBC invests so much effort in supporting.
The private and linked sectors are also busy searching for the conservation skills offered by IHBC members and member interests, at all skills levels. Turleys and Cotswold Archaeology seek generally skilled specialists, as Heritage Professional and Historic Building or Area Consultant respectively, while Jane Jones-Warner Associates seeks an architect, architectural technologist or similar.
More tangential conservation related toles are also prominent this round, with heritage project management-related work especially well represented even beyond those at HRP as mentioned above. Swindon HAZ and Perth and Kinross Heritage Trust (with 2 separate posts) seek project linked skills sets, as does (still) the Cleveland Pools Trust and, in an even less familiar role, Between Time Ltd, which seeks a ‘Conservation Contract Manager’.
Church-linked employers also offer real opportunities for members to develop, refine and extend skills , with the Diocese of Oxford seeking an Assistant Church Buildings Officer; the Churches Conservation Trust an Estate Officer, and the Diocese of Salisbury a part-time DAC Secretary.
‘Clearly all these employers value both the interdisciplinary and sector reach of our ‘Jobs etc.’ network as well as the transparency it offers as part of their corporate processes, including risk management.’
‘So if you are seeking a post with heritage-related skills, or just want to keep up to speed on what is out the and what people are being paid these days, be sure to sign up to our free Jobs etc alerts’.
- Historic Royal Palaces (HRP): Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors
- Historic Environment Scotland: Trainees – Conservation Directorate
- Thanet District Council: Senior Conservation Officer
- Swindon Borough Council: Swindon Heritage Action Zone Project Coordinator19/03/
- South West Heritage Trust: Senior Conservation Officer
- Diocese of Oxford: Assistant Church Buildings Officer
- The Churches Conservation Trust: Estate Officer, West
- Jane Jones-Warner Associates: Architect, Architectural Technologist or Riba Part II Qualified
- Diocese of Salisbury: DAC Secretary (part-time)
- Cotswold Archaeology: Senior Historic Buildings, Areas Consultant or Historic Buildings Consultant
- Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust: Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) Development Officer
- Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust: Perth City Mills Development Officer
- Turley Heritage: Heritage Professional
- Peak District National Park: Conservation Officer
- Updated Post: The Cleveland Pools Trust: Project Director
- Between Time Ltd: Conservation Contracts Manager
- Chichester District Council: Principal Conservation and Design Officer & Senior Historic Buildings Advisor
IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers advertisers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Weekly IHBC Jobs etc feature on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
- IHBC Jobs etcoffers:
- c2000 specialist interests (IHBC members and non-members) by personal email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on theIHBC Jobs etc website
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Download the flyer
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service