The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area from 30 April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us as well as access all the other free IHBC-recognised CPD on offer, including the regular Conservation Day, on Thursday 2 May.
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly said; ‘The Natural Stone Show offers the IHBC another great chance to promote the work of our members, alongside our standards, member benefits and linked service provider support through HESPR.
‘As ever we are hugely grateful to Historic England for offering us this opportunity to join with them and other like-minded heritage interests in the Conservation Area there!
‘We have lots to pass on to all Stone Show delegates about our work, from well-established services such as our listing of conservation businesses through IHBC’s HESPR, to new services such as our Conservation Wiki web platform and our Marsh Awards – for both retired IHBC members active in the community and for ‘successful heritage learning’. All that is before we get to highlighting core services such as the accreditation of our members’ inter-disciplinary skills and the benefits of IHBC membership.
‘The free to attend Conservation Day, which is is fully CPD-accredited by the IHBC, takes place on Thursday 2 May 2019 and is hugely relevant to both the generalist and the most specialist interests of our members with seminars addressing the selection and sourcing of stone for conservation projects, including:
- Sourcing stone for repairing historic buildings: resources and guidance
- Repair and conservation of historic slate and stone slate roofs: training and guidance
- Stone Masonry and Conservation Training
- Concrete repair: an international review project.
‘And it is all free… except for getting there of course.’
The Stone Show writes:
- See the remarkably varied palette offered by stone from around the world
- More Stone Federation Great Britain members than ever before
- Improve your knowledge of stone and other hard surfaces with around 50 seminars run in conjunction with the exhibitions
- Discover innovative hard surfaces at the MaterialDistrict exhibition
- Improve workshop productivity from the leading machinery & diamond tooling players
- Review the latest ‘fix, seal and maintenance’ solutions
For more background see the IHBC NewsBlog
For further visitor information including updates on the CPD programme visit: www.stoneshow.co.uk
For HESPR see hespr.ihbc.org.uk
For our WebStarter see webstarter.ihbc.org.uk
See our Marsh Awards
IHBC highlighted event details: