To help conservation careers and heritage employers across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, so if you are interested in a heritage related career or business and are not yet ‘IHBC’, sign up for free alerts today and stay ‘in the know’!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘The IHBC Jobs etc service continues to reflect the demand from employers – whether regulators, or wider public, commercial or charity operations – for a wide range of conservation and heritage-related skills in new staff and business roles.’
‘Conservation skills that map to the IHBC’s core skills and accreditation standards – with their unique ties to established national and interdisciplinary standards -continue to loom especially large across our jobs adverts from public, private and voluntary sector employers.’
‘Recently, these have encompassed the familiarly diverse spread of local and national authority conservation-specific posts, such as at Chichester DC, which seeks a Principal Conservation and Design Officer as well as a Senior Historic Buildings Advisor; or Wokingham which needs an Urban Design and Conservation Officer. Lambeth is appointing two Conservation Officers, and Ashford a single Conservation Officer.
Altogether these are an especially welcome affirmation of the role and the core skills that the IHBC invests so much effort in supporting. At the same time Maidstone BC is looking for a more specialist variant of the role, as it has advertised for a Principal Conservation Officer to take responsibility for Major Projects.
Early career is also being supported in both public and private sector, as at Leeds City Council where a Heritage Trainee (Graduate) is sought, and at Pegasus Group, which seeks a Graduate Heritage Consultant
The private sector is also busy searching for the conservation skills offered by IHBC members and member interests, at all skills levels. RSK seeks a Built Heritage Adviser, and Heritage Architecture Ltd is looking for an experienced Senior Conservation Architect. PPIY Architects needs a Conservation Architect and the Pegasus Group, again, seeks a Consultant/Senior Heritage Consultant as well as their Graduate Heritage Consultant noted above.
‘Clearly all these employers value both the interdisciplinary and sector reach of our ‘Jobs etc.’ network as well as the transparency it offers as part of their corporate processes, including risk management.’
‘So if you are seeking a post with heritage-related skills, or just want to keep up to speed on what is out the and what people are being paid these days, be sure to sign up to our free Jobs etc alerts’.
- Chichester District Council: Principal Conservation and Design Officer & Senior Historic Buildings Advisor
- Leeds City Council: Heritage Trainee (Graduate)
- Wokingham Borough Council: Urban Design and Conservation Officer
- English Heritage: Senior National Project Manager & National Project Manager
- Lambeth: Conservation Officer
- PPIY Architects: Qualified Conservation Architect
- Pegasus Group: Consultant/Senior Heritage Consultant
- Pegasus Group: Graduate Heritage Consultant
- Maidstone Borough Council: Principal Conservation Officer – Major Projects
- Heritage Architecture Ltd: Experienced Senior Conservation Architect
- Ashford Borough Council: Conservation Officer
- RSK: Built Heritage Advisor (Senior Consultant)
IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Weekly IHBC Jobs etc feature on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
- IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- c2000 specialist interests (IHBC members and non-members) by personal email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on the IHBC Jobs etc website
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Download the flyer
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service