To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, so if you have an interest in a heritage related career of any sort, sign up for free alerts today!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Recent posts demonstrate the continued demand from employers advertising on the IHBC Jobs etc service for a wide range of conservation and heritage-related skills in new staff.’
‘Integrated conservation skills that map to the IHBC’s core interdisciplinary skills and accreditation standards loom especially large across our jobs adverts from public, private and voluntary sector employers.’
‘These encompass a range of local and national authority conservation-focussed posts, such as at Kent County Council, Dartmoor National Park Authority, West Lindsey District Council, Elmbridge Borough Council, Bassetlaw District Council.’
‘Even among such employers there is also a wide range of disciplines represented, from the City of Wolverhampton Council’s call for a combined Urban Design and Conservation Officer, and East Lothian Council’s search for an HLF Project Officer & (CARS) Project Officer, as well as Mansfield District Council’s call for a Town Centre Townscape Heritage Project Officer.
The private sector is also well represented on the service, as ever. It is currently looking for conservation skills across a more familiar range of built and historic environment disciplines: Heritage Architecture Ltd seeks an Architectural Intern, Montagu Evans seeks a Senior Heritage Planner (Planning and Development), CgMs Heritage a Director, and RSK a Built Heritage Advisor as Senior Consultant.
‘More niche employers such as amenity societies and others tie their posts to core roles and project-specific posts: the Victorian Society seeks a Conservation Adviser, The Royal Household a Building Surveyor, The Churches Conservation Trust a Project Manager and Oxford Preservation Trust an Assistant Heritage and Planning Officer.’
‘Clearly all these employers value both the interdisciplinary and sector reach of our ‘Jobs etc.’ network as well as the transparency it offers as part of their corporate processes, including risk management.’
‘So if you are seeking a post with heritage-related skills, or just want to keep up to speed on what is out the and what people are being paid these days, be sure to sign up to our free Jobs etc alerts’.
Recent ‘Jobs etc.’postings include many that rem in open:
- Victorian Society: Conservation Adviser
- Kent County Council: Conservation Architect
- Dartmoor National Park Authority: Building Conservation Officer
- The Royal Household: Building Surveyor
- City of Wolverhampton Council: Urban Design and Conservation Officer
- Heritage Architecture Ltd: Architectural Intern
- East Lothian Council HLF Project Officer (PSG Heritage Connections) & (CARS) Project Officer
- The Churches Conservation Trust: Find a Use Manchester Project Manager
- West Lindsey District Council: Conservation Officer – Major Growth Projects
- Elmbridge Borough Council: Senior Conservation Officer
- Montagu Evans: Senior Heritage Planner – Planning and Development
- CgMs Heritage: Director
- Bassetlaw District Council: Conservation Manager
- RSK: Built Heritage Advisor (Senior Consultant)
- Mansfield District Council: Mansfield Town Centre Townscape Heritage Project Officer (MDC8177)
- Oxford Preservation Trust: Assistant Heritage and Planning Officer
The IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Weekly IHBC Jobs etc feature on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- c2000 specialist interests (IHBC members and non-members) by personal email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on the IHBC Jobs etc website
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Download the flyer
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service