In the last NewsBlog we offered you the chance to test your knowledge on energy performance certificates (EPC’s), and now is the time to see how well you did!
image: Rob Cowan for Context
The answers to our recent CPD NewsBlog QuickQuiz are below:
- How many categories of EPC are there? Answer: There are seven categories ranging from A to G (A being most energy efficient, G being classified as the least efficient)
- What do the initials STBA stand for? Answer: Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance
- What percentage of the current building stock do older and traditional buildings make up? Answer: Older and traditional buildings make up at least 25 per cent and up to 35 per cent of the existing building stock.
- When was the ruling on landlords being required to improve the EPC rating of their properties introduced? Answer: April 2018
- Who published the recent document ‘Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards and Heritage properties: mitigating risks through the procurement and interpretation of energy performance certificates’? Answer: ‘The Better Buildings Partnership’. You can download this document
View John Preston’s full article
View more information on EPC’s
See more IHBC NewsBlogs on EPC’s