Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and supported also by other leading industry organisations including ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA’ – also offers a handy guide on contributing articles, which can help your CPD and public and professional profile.
Supported by leading industry organisations such as ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT, IHBC and BSRIA, Designing Buildings Wiki offers 7,000 cross-discipline articles and is used by more than 20,000 people a day, making it one of the most popular construction industry websites…
… Writing articles on Designing Buildings Wiki is good for the industry, and it’s a great way to promote you and your business.
You can write about any subject related to the construction industry, including research, publications, organisations, theories, products, practices and so on. All we ask is that articles are factual (not adverts) and are encyclopaedic in style (not blog posts) – click here to find out more about our editorial policy.
You can add your profile to the top of articles you write, so people can find out about you. Learn more about profiles.
To create an article:
- Log in or register (click on the link at the top of the screen).
- Click the orange ‘Create an article’ button.
- Enter the name of your article.
- Type your article from scratch, or paste it from another application.
- Click the ‘insert signature’ button to add your profile to the top of your article.