To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our celebrated – and very cost-effective – ‘Jobs etc.’ service, with many posts still open today!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Recent posts demonstrate the continued demand from employers on the IHBC Jobs etc service for a diverse range of conservation-related skills among new staff.’
‘Integrated conservation and design skills sets loom large across recent demand, as in the posts at Islington, Charnwood, South Somerset (now closed) and Lambeth, while many also cover the more familiar public sector conservation adviser roles, such as those at Epping, Birmingham, Waverley and Lambeth’.
‘At the same time the interdisciplinary fundamentals encompassed across our membership – and at the heart of conservation practice – are attested to in the Canal and River Trusts ‘Advisor’ role; South Somerset’s search for Development Managers, and Wolverhampton’s call for a project manager, as well as the PDP post that seeks a conservation architect. These posts extend across the IHBC’s three Practical Areas of Competence – Evaluation, Management and Intervention – the core practice areas that underpin our membership criteria, our application processes, and all our practice-focussed operations.’
‘Equally, specific employment sectors encompass a broad spectrum of employers interested in accredited, multi-disciplinary IHBC members: from museum and archaeology-based interests with commercial imperatives such as MOLA, to planning and development-oriented and regulatory interests such as local authorities and Place Services – which boasts the finest of conservation credentials by being an IHBC HESPR registered company.’
‘Clearly all these employers value both the reach of our ‘Jobs etc.’ network and the transparency it offers to their corporate processes. While of course self-evidently they also must recognise the great value of the Jobs etc. service and the unique benefits of IHBC-endorsed networks and skills’.
Recent ‘Jobs etc.’ postings include:
- London Borough of Islington: Design and Conservation Deputy Team Manager
- Charnwood Borough Council: Senior Design Officer (M364)
- Pegasus Group: Built Heritage Consultants (all levels considered from Consultant level upwards)
- Epping Forest District Council: Senior Conservation Officer
- Canal & River Trust: National Heritage & Policy Advisor
- Place Services: Senior Built Heritage Consultant / Junior Built Heritage Consultant
- Birmingham City Council: Principal Conservation Officer
- Waverley Borough Council: Conservation Officer / Senior Conservation Officer (career grade)
- MOLA: Lead Consultant (Built Heritage)
- South Somerset District Council: Specialist – Development Management x3, with a specific focus on conservation/heritage, landscape architecture and urban design (NOW CLOSED)
- City of Wolverhampton Council: Queen Street Townscape Heritage Project Officer
- London Borough of Lambeth: Senior Conservation and Design Officer
- PDP London: Conservation Architect
The IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Weekly IHBC Jobs etc feature on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- c2000 specialist interests (IHBC members and non-members) by personal email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on IHBC Jobs etc own website, with c.34,000 page visits/month
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Download the flyer
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service