IHBC fees are due in April of each year, so if yours is late, please get it sorted now, remembering that money is not the barrier to IHBC membership: along with our great value low fees, we also offer support to make sure that members have the best financial help possible for any heritage career.
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘For anyone who wants a career in built or historic environment conservation, IHBC membership and accreditation benefits are critical.’
‘For example, our analysis of sector job adverts demonstrates that, increasingly, employers are looking for Affiliate and/or accredited membership, such as Full or Associate members.’
‘As a charity, we are also seeing the benefits of these developments, as employers are also looking to our ‘Jobs etc.’ service.
IHBC fee support includes:
- Low-cost professional fees, so accredited IHBC membership can serve as conservation accreditation alongside primary discipline
- Fees aligned with income bands, with concessionary fees for lower waged: 50% reduction for income under £17,500 pa
- Tax relief: Fees are tax deductible as a professional expense, potentially reducing costs by 20% (basic rate tax payer) to 40% or more. (see the website)
- Fee support of 75% to 100%, on application and successful statement of case, renewable annually
- Crisis support: ‘No-questions-asked’ (within reason) one-off, 1 year 100% fees paid
For more background on IHBC membership benefits see the NewsBlog
For more on specific benefits see our benefits page