To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, with many posts still open!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘As our summary listing of recent posts below demonstrates, new advertisements posted by employers on the IHBC Jobs etc service continue to highlight the need for a truly diverse range of conservation-related skills among new staff’.
‘Regular posts continue to cover the more familiar public sector conservation adviser roles, such as Leicester’s search for a conservation officer. Also in demand are the more tightly specified skills sets sought by Historic England, for example, in their posts for Inspector and Assistant Inspector of Historic Buildings and Areas.
As well as more regulatory roles, prominent in modern job profiles are regeneration-linked project and management responsibilities, seen in the Heritage Action Zone Project Manager post, and in the Isle of Man’s heritage project manager role – open till 31 August.
This last employer is looking for a ‘highly motivated construction professional with a background in building conservation to join our small but busy Properties Management Division to deliver a range of projects’, which is why it specifically cites IHBC membership, even if it does not require IHBC accreditation.
At the same time the demand for architects and specific heritage design skills also remains high, with posts at HMDW, Walkley, East Herts, and Stephen Levrant’s.
The full recent listing is as follows:
- Aylesbury Vale District Council: Heritage Officer TE3
- HMDW Architects Ltd: Architect Part II or III, or RICS accredited Building Surveyor
- Walkley Library Partnership: Design Team Services (Invitation to tender)
- Leicester City Council: Building Conservation Officer
- Isle of Man Government: Project Manager (Heritage)
- East Herts Council: Conservation and Urban Design Officer
- Epping Forest District Council: Senior Conservation Officer
- WYG: Senior / Principal Heritage Consultant
- Historic England: Assistant Inspector of Historic Buildings and Areas
- Historic England: Inspector of Historic Buildings and Areas
- Mid Sussex District Council: Conservation Officer (Part Time)
- Lincoln Cathedral: Stone Conservator
- Purcell: Heritage Consultant – Cambridge
- Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust: Skills Training Officer
- Stephen Levrant Heritage Architecture Ltd: Conservation Consultant
- LUC: Historic Environment Consultant
The IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Weekly IHBC Jobs etc feature on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc reaches:
- c2000 specialist interests (IHBC members and non-members) by personal email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on IHBC Jobs etc own website, with c.34,000 page visits/month
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.16,000 core users; c.25,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Download the flyer
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service