The former Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government announced on 5 March 2018 that there would be an independent end-to-end review of the planning appeal inquiries process, and views are now sought in a call for evidence closing 18 September.
Contains public sector information licensed
under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Government UK writes:
This call for evidence seeks views, particularly from those with direct experience, on the current operation of the planning appeal inquiries process and how it could be improved, so that decisions can be made sooner, but without compromising the quality of the decisions. Respondents are asked to send in their views by 18 September 2018.
Linked support documents include:
- Independent review of planning appeal inquiries: call for evidence
- Key appeal statistics
- Planning appeal statistics
- Planning appeal inquiries process timeline
- Planning appeal inquiries process timeline (accessible version)
- Case studies: issues arising during the inquiry process