Continuing the remarkable run in new members of the IHBC’s conservation service quality assurance listing HESPR , multidisciplinary consultancy RSK has become the latest company to join the near 40 heritage businesses that now enjoy the benefits and support services of the IHBC’s commercial conservation network.
RSK is a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy offering a complete and integrated built heritage and archaeology service, including specialist inspection, survey and analysis of historic structures and testing of building materials throughout the UK.
Laurence Hayes, Principal Consultant and HESPR DSA for RSK said: ‘We are delighted to be joining HESPR. This formal recognition confirms our commitment to the high conservation standards of the IHBC, and reflects the diverse range of heritage services offered across our company. We believe that this quality assurance is reassuring to clients and demonstrates best practice in the historic environment’.
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Quality assurance for HESPR listing is strictly controlled through the employment a Full IHBC member – the ‘Designated Service Adviser’ (DSA) – in a strategic role – ideally, but not necessarily, identified in their job description – that allows that specialist to take professional responsibility for the company’s conservation standards in the services offered to clients.’
‘This means that the IHBC can respond to the complex variety of disciplines and practice areas offered by our HESPR-listed practices and businesses, as we ensure that our members are in a reasonable position to offer their assurance of the quality of the conservation services. As such the DSA should be the first ‘port of call’ for any concerns over work carried out by a HESPR company.’
‘You can find the ‘Designated Service Adviser’ (DSA) listed on the dedicated HESPR business web page and on the list of accredited practitioners linked from the IHBC’s Home Page.’
HESPR membership benefits include:
- HESPR web pages and search facility on the IHBC’s HESPR website
- National and local recognition of conservation and heritage service quality assurance and standards
- Weekly bulletins of work and notices – often posting more than £500k of costed work per issue. Our weekly Bulletin of current tender notifications to HESPR members is an innovative service that supports commercial conservation businesses that work to the IHBC’s standards and expectations. The weekly selections offer the wider heritage world a regular insight into the conservation profession that we hope combine good news, sector profile and service inspiration all in one.
- Profile and outreach opportunities through HESPR member across IHBC’s network, including IHBC’s Home Page member logo feature and our Yearbook
- Free IHBC ‘Jobs etc.’ posting each year, worth up to £450.
See RSK’s listing
The full listing of HESPR members is:
The Architectural History Practice Ltd
Urban Vision Enterprise CIC
Hall & Ensom
Trigpoint Conservation & Planning Ltd
Beacon Planning Ltd
The Conservation Studio
Antony Gibb Ltd.
Mel Morris Conservation
Soul Architects Ltd.
Castle House Heritage Consulting
Grover Lewis Associates Ltd.
Heritage Vision Ltd.
The Regeneration Practice
G M Moore & Associates
Node Urban Design
Humble Heritage Limited
Hilary Byers Heritage Conservation
Michael Taylor Conservation and Planning (MTCP)
Alex Stevenson Building Conservation and Design
Liz Mayle Conservation
Townscape Chartered Town Planning & Heritage Consultant Ltd
Hook Mason Limited
Listed Building Surveys Ltd.
Woodhall Planning & Conservation
RSK Group Ltd.
See more at background to HESPR