image: Trustees AGM2018 & remembering Eddie
The IHBC’s AGM in Belfast, on 22 June, re-elected the IHBC’s national officers and ratified Branch representative nominations in line with the AGM papers, and concluded with a reflective but uplifting tribute by IHBC President David McDonald that explored the many contributions of the late and fondly admired Eddie Booth to his, and our, Institute.
For 2018-19, the IHBC’s re-elected national officers are:
• Chair: James Caird, a chartered architect and town planner…email: email@example.com
• Vice Chair: Kathy Davies, a heritage and planning consultant…email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Secretary: Jo Evans is a planner and Director, CgMs/RPS Historic Environment: email@example.com
• Treasurer: Jill Kerry, a chartered architect…email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chair, Membership and Ethics committee: David Kincaid, formerly the conservation team leader at Canterbury…email: email@example.com
• Chair, Communications and Outreach Committee: Dave Chetwyn, Managing Director/Partner of Urban Vision Enterprise CIC, a social enterprise company and HESPR member…email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chair, Education Training and Standards Committee: Andrew Shepherd, an architect in private practice…email: email@example.com
• Chair, Policy Committee: Roy Lewis, chartered town planner and partner in Grover Lewis Associates, a HESPR member …email: firstname.lastname@example.org
David McDonald concluded the AGM with a tribute to Eddie Booth, former IHBC Chair and President who we lost in May. As well as his own personal fond memories of Eddie, he read out a number of messages of condolence which had been received by IHBC National Office, including this, from West Midlands Branch: ‘…a modest, eloquent, polite, cheerful and confident man with immense knowledge and an inspiring passion for his work… he was such a fine advocate for enjoying, understanding, conserving and managing heritage and will be sadly missed.’
Later that evening, Eddie’s memory was formally toasted at the Annual Dinner at Belfast City Hall.
The September (Belfast School) issue of Context will include a full notice on Eddie’s life and many contributions to the IHBC.
See more background on the IHBC’s structures