To help profile career opportunities in the sector, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments as featured in our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with many posts still open!
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Over the last few weeks advertisements posted by employers suggest the need for a truly diverse range of staff with conservation-related skills’.
‘The posts range from the more familiar conservation and design adviser roles, such as Trafford’s search for a Heritage Development Officer and Heritage Collective’s Heritage Consultant – a HESPR member and the main sponsor of the 2018 Belfast School.
In such roles, skills needs are closely aligned with the international standards and interdisciplinary models so central to the IHBC’s interdisciplinary conservation accreditation.’
‘Also well represented are roles that need softer but still no less critical interdisciplinary conservation skills sets.’
‘These include any of the exciting suite of posts linked to Historic England’s Taylor Review ‘Pilot’ project, which is ‘focused on delivering and evaluating the maintenance and community engagement of listed places of worship’.’
‘This important initiative needs a project manager, Fabric Support Officers and Community Development Advisers. That kind of pro-active leadership and management role, linked to sensitive matters around church-care, is also evident in the notice for Winchester’s Church Buildings Officer.’
The most recent rounds of ‘IHBC’s Jobs etc.’ posts still open (with closing dates where available, but always check the original advertisements first) include:
- Aylesbury Vale District Council: Heritage Officer TE3: 6 July 2018
Diocese of Winchester: Church Buildings Officer: 20 June 18
- Wychavon District Council: Conservation Officer: 17 June 2018
- Kay Pilsbury Thomas Architects: Historic Building Architect, Architectural Assistant, Technologist
- Historic England: Senior National Infrastructure Adviser: 17 June 2018
- Hull City Council: Townscape Heritage Project Officer: 20 June 2018
- Place Services: Built Heritage Consultant: 28th June
- Norwich Historic Churches Trust: Operations Manager: June 27
- Lichfields: Heritage consultants – London
- Historic England: Project Manager: Taylor Review Pilot: 17 June 2018
- Historic England: Fabric Support Officers: Taylor Review Pilot: 17 June 2018
- Historic England: Community Development Advisers: Taylor Review Pilot: 17 June 2018
- Trafford Council: Heritage Development Officer: 24 June 2018
- Heritage Collective: Associate / Senior Heritage Consultant: 24 June
- Liverpool City Council: Principal Planning Officer (Heritage): 5 July 2018
- Hutton + Rostron: Specialist Historic Building Surveyor
- Diocese of Salisbury: DAC Assistant Officer: 22 June 2018
- Purcell: Senior Heritage Consultant: 29 June 2018
- Elmbridge Borough Council: Heritage Assistant/Officer: 22 June 2018
- JLL: Graduate Heritage Consultant
- Montagu Evans: Senior Heritage Planner, Junior Heritage Planner, Townscape & Heritage Consultant
The IHBC Jobs etc service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- Weekly IHBC Jobs etcfeature on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc reaches:
- 1900 specialist interests (IHBC members and non-members) by personal email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on IHBC Jobs etcownwebsite, with c.34,000 page visits/month
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.16,000 core users; c.25,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service