HESPR, the IHBC’s heritage business listing formally recognised by lead heritage such as Historic England, is the institute’s promotional and quality assurance service for businesses that work to conservation and service standards expected by the institute, and recent new arrivals to the listing brings the total past 30!
The IHBC’s HESPR – or ‘Historic Environment Service Provider Recognition’ – scheme, connects potential clients with authoritative conservation businesses and their expert advice.
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘HESPR listing, and the quality assurance processes that underpin it, are increasingly recognised in national heritage advice on practice standards and expertise, including those from Historic England, BRE and the British Standards Institute.’
‘Quality assurance for HESPR listing is strictly controlled through the employment a Full IHBC member – the ‘Designated Service Adviser’ (DSA) – in a role that allows them to take professional responsibility for the service standards offered to clients.’
‘This means that the IHBC can respond to the complex diversity of disciplines and practice areas offered by our HESPR-listed practices and businesses, as we ensure that our members are in a reasonable position to offer their assurance of the quality of the conservation services. As such the DSA should be the first ‘port of call’ for any concerns over work carried out by a HESPR company.’
‘You can find the ‘Designated Service Adviser’ (DSA) listed on the dedicated HESPR business web page and on the list of accredited practitioners linked from the IHBC’s Home Page.’
HESPR membership benefits include:
- Searchable online service with hosted and managed web pages for each HESPR business, containing full contact details and links
- Web links from IHBC’s Home Page, the starting point for IHBC’s 30,000 page web resource with 1/4million hits per month
- HESPR company listings published in IHBC’s Yearbook, circulation 5500+ (including planning authorities & other heritage regulators and leaders)
- Free tender notification service (see weekly Newsblogs for Director’s picks
- One free ‘Jobs etc.’ advert & email package p.a. (worth up to £400)
- Dedicated search facility for HESPR-related events on IHBC’s events calendar (email for details)
- HESPR fliers circulated at select IHBC events, such as the IHBC’s Annual School, and IHBC-partnered events
- HESPR promotion on IHBC networks, including social media
Current HESPR members are:
- The Architectural History Practice Ltd
- Urban Vision Enterprise CIC
- Hall & Ensom
- IHBC Enterprises
- Trigpoint Conservation & Planning Ltd
- Beacon Planning Ltd
- The Conservation Studio
- RMA Heritage
- Antony Gibb Ltd.
- Mel Morris Conservation
- Soul Architects Ltd.
- Castle House Heritage Consulting
- Grover Lewis Associates Ltd.
- Heritage Vision Ltd.
- The Regeneration Practice
- G M Moore & Associates
- Frew Conservation
- Node Urban Design
- Heritage Matters
- The Heritage Place
- Waterman Group
- Holland Heritage
- Humble Heritage Limited
- Hilary Byers Heritage Conservation
- Heritage Collective
- Michael Taylor Conservation and Planning (MTCP)
- Alex Stevenson Building Conservation and Design
- Liz Mayle Conservation
- TDR Heritage
View the list of IHBC conservation accredited practitioners. This also may be searched for DSA members in HESPR businesses.