The IHBC is delighted to be able to highlight to members the important place of conservation and restoration in the contenders for the the first RIBA International Prize, as three projects classed in the ‘Restoration /Conservation’ category will be visited and evaluated over the summer.
The contenders are:
- Arquipelago Contemporary Arts Centre Ribeira Grande, The Azores by Menos é Mais, Arquitectos Associados by João Mendes Ribeiro Arquitecto, Lda.
- European Hansemuseum, Lübeck, Germany, by Studio Andreas Heller Architects & Designers\
- Fine Arts Museum of Asturias, Oviedo, Spain, by Francisco Mangado – Mangado y Asociados
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) announces the buildings to be visited this summer in contention for RIBA’s first global architecture award, The RIBA International Prize
- Entries were submitted from 50 countries, the judges have selected projects to visit in over 20 countries
- Billie Tsien, founding partner of award winning architecture practice, Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects | Partners, joins the Grand Jury for the Prize led by Lord Rogers of Riverside
The winner of the first RIBA International Prize will be announced in December 2016