Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 08/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT
Speaker biographies and interim learning (CPD) resources for the IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 are now online, on topics from Environment (Carl Elefante, 94th President, American Institute of Architects) to Urbanism (Prof. Plácido González Martínez), Community (Carole Souter, previously HLF), … Continue reading
IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available
IHBC’s celebrated MATE sessions are evolving as online experiences in addition to our popular ‘in vivo’ programme, so if you want to join in the pilot, while also getting guidance on your membership application form, top-notch CPD AND kudos for … Continue reading
If you are on furlough, or similarly detached from your usual network, office or working environment, be sure to keep your most important specialist network up to date by getting the IHBC’s NewsBlogs email alerts sent where they are of … Continue reading
IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more!
The IHBC has issued its current ‘CPD Circular’, with its distinctive lockdown-compliant support and content, offering the usual consolidated access to the best of the IHBC’s own Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as opportunities from ‘IHBC Recognised CPD Providers’ … Continue reading
Guidance for local councils during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak includes resources on planning and building safety.
The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has reported back from a panel of experts convened to analyse the impact the pandemic is having on the global economy and geopolitical landscape; how real estate is being impacted, and what structural … Continue reading
Regulations have come into effect in Wales that make temporary provision in relation to local authority meetings and for public and press access to these meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take
The Council of Europe has outlined parameters in civil engagement to be recognised under the Covid-19 crisis restrictions, and The Consultation Institute (TCI) has adjusted its guidance accordingly.
Historic England (HE) has helpfully offered updates on office arrangements under the lockdown.
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
The UK Government has outlined how high street shops and other companies under strain will be protected from aggressive rent collection and asked to pay what they can during the coronavirus pandemic. image: for illustration purposes only – Fiona Newton
The National Trust for Scotland (NTS) has set up its own heritage lottery fund ‘helping to protect the things we love about Scotland’.
Since the Gorkha earthquake killed almost 9,000 people in April 2015, Nepal has been on a slow and arduous route to recovery, while its vibrant cultural heritage of monuments, religious places, crafts, festivals and traditional practices has been key to … Continue reading