Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 05/05/2020
Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks
Remember that the best way to support your career and aspirations after the pandemic is to shape them now, so let all your networks know about our @IHBCTweet #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, on 19 … Continue reading
IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July
The CIOB Academy continues its support for IHBC members’ CPD on select courses, offering members 15% off forthcoming courses in Building Conservation and Project Management simply using the code below, with the next available dates of 2-3 June, and 6-7 … Continue reading
Northern Ireland Environment Link (NIEL) has issued the results of a Coronavirus Impact Survey of environment and conservation organisations in Northern Ireland (NI).
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is producing information on how society and the economy are being affected during the coronavirus pandemic, with a blog post exploring the latest insights from ONS data by Iain Bell, Deputy National Statistician at … Continue reading
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has convened a Construction Industry Task Force to provide a focal point for co-ordinating the industry response to Covid19, and to facilitate communication between the industry and Government.
Via UK Construction Week, Michael Riordan, UK managing director of construction consultancy Linesight, offers some important steps to take to protect sites, projects and businesses during the coronavirus pandemic. image: Open government Licence v3.0
Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli Releases free backgrounds for virtual meetings: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away & More.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has issued the summary of its April ‘Heritage Chat’, which covered the ‘immediate and longer-term issues that heritage sector organisations… are facing due to COVID-19.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’ that include notices gleaned from across the development … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message
Shock and dismay have been expressed after an historic Somerset monument was vandalised with a “stay at home” message, writes Somerset Live.
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has issued an update on how social media engagement should complement existing consultation processes.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki, both seeks and offers help in developing a resource for commonly used acronyms in the construction industry.
Tourism Minister Nigel Huddleston has launched a new emergency fund to support local tourism organisations throughout the coronavirus outbreak.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is publishing its Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure via a Webinar.
Spring is a good time to stand back and consider any building repairs that are required over the next 12 months, notes the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC), and regular inspection and maintenance is the key to keeping homes in … Continue reading