Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 01/05/2020
IHBC 2020 Virtual School #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 topics confirmed: ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, and from Government, Community, Urbanism, Environment, Economics and more!
Topic areas have been finalised for the IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 covering Environment (Carl Elefante, 94th President, American Institute of Architects), Urbanism (Prof. Plácido González Martínez), Community (Carole Souter, previously HLF), Planning (Cliff Hague, RTPI Past President), Government (Kris … Continue reading
HCUK welcomed by IHBC as 2020 Virtual School ‘Principal Sponsor’ of ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic
The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) is delighted to announce HESPR member HCUK as the Principal Sponsor for the institute’s 2020 Virtual School, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 on 19 June 2020.
A new 100% government backed loan scheme for small business is now available. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 35: Government testing ’access summaries’ include ‘those whose work cannot be done from home’.
The Government has confirmed that ‘anyone with symptoms whose work cannot be done from home’ (including ‘construction workers’) is now eligible to apply for ?#COVID19 testing.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 36: TCI explores planning guidance impacts, including removing pre-app consultations etc.
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has published an Associate’s review on recent adjustments in planning procedures and protocols.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 37: NI DfC update Department for Communities COVID-19 Stakeholder Update: 27 April 2020
The Northern Ireland (NI) Department for Communities, (DfC) has issued its latest update on the key announcements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
BEFS’s Bulletin has published an update from Scotland on its ‘Our Place in Time (OPiT)’ CEO Forum.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is supporting the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) to gather data and develop guidance regarding employees coming out of furlough, with a survey now in place.
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £1.8M+ costed works: Multi-disciplinary design teamsought for works including conservation, closing 22/05, value £1.8M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Outrage as historic Cornish beauty spot ruined with huge graffiti tag
Mount Edgcumbe, which looks after the ancient monument on behalf of Historic England, has a plan in place to remove the graffiti and report it to the police, writes The Plymouth Herald.
IHBC’s CPD Boost via our Virtual School, from ‘Built Heritage’: ‘Applying a Landscape Perspective to Digital Cultural Heritage’, free online access
As digital cultural heritage is shifting the focus from architectural settings to the landscape scale, a new ‘Special Issue’ of the free online journal ‘Built Heritage’ – the Executive Editor of which is the IHBC 2020 Virtual School contributor, architect … Continue reading
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at an historic Grade 11 li8sted former lace mill at Sandiacre, near Nottingham.
Open Culture suggests a Virtual Tour of the Louvre recognising that Video visits are no substitute, but these days they’re the best we’ve got.