Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 27/03/2020
The IHBC’s Chair David McDonald has offered the following interim statement on our plans and operations, in advance of determinations by our trustees who will meet (online) next Thursday to agree a forward strategy across our suite of current plans.
LAST CHANCE – IHBC Marsh Award closes on Tuesday 31st March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards closing date has been extended to Tuesday March 31, so please take a few minutes to enter your retired colleagues and/or successful learners for their chance of £500 cash awards and a free place at the IHBC’s … Continue reading
On 11 March 2020, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, presented his budget to parliament and, coming in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak, it offered a package of measures to support the economy, all reviewed below via Designing … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Council’s (CIC’s) ‘CIC Coronavirus Digest – Issue 5’ surveys the latest government advice on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and updates from the construction industry, with selections from the Digest’s Issue 3 for further reference. image: for illustration purposes … Continue reading
In PBCToday, Nigel Morris, tax director at MHA MacIntyre Hudson explains how employers can access the Job Retention Scheme (JRS) to continue paying 80% of the salary for employees. image: for illustration purposes only
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 4: Advise and updates collated from the heritage sector, including data and policy to care and cleaning
Some organisations with conservation links have been collating resources on COVID-19 impacts, some of which inevitably will be time sensitive, including Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), Historic Environment Forum, The Heritage Alliance (THA), and Historic England, on cleaning surfaces.
IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £165K+ costed opportunities: Scottish Council seeks team for CARS, closing 02/04, no value stated
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
The Scottish Government has published ‘A Culture Strategy for Scotland’ which shows how important culture is to Scotland’s prosperity and sets the future direction for supporting culture in Scotland.
England’s Housing Minister: Speech to the Planning Inspectorate, on good and bad design, with a heritage handle
England’s Housing Minister Christopher Pincher made a speech at the Planning Inspectorate Annual Training Event, name-checking history, design, old buildings and more. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Welsh Government Consultation ‘Changes to listed building consent applications’ launched, closing 08/06
A Welsh Government consultation has been launched on ‘Changes to listed building consent applications: Applications for listed building consent by local authorities’, closing 8 June.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has published a new procedure to make adjudication affordable for low value disputes.