Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 24/03/2020
LAST CHANCE (NEARLY) – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards closing date has been extended to March 31, so please take a few minutes to enter your retired colleagues and/or successful learners for their chance of £500 cash awards and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School.
Don’t forget IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020!
The IHBC’s celebrated annual Gus Astley Student Award will close on 31 July 2020, so if you have relevant coursework from history and theory to practice or enhancement, from ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2019 OR … Continue reading
IHBC’s support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) includes our online registration for anyone – or any organisation – seeking our free recognition service and listing for CPD providers.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plan for historic Lowestoft town hall site, thanks to HE report
A creative hub has been proposed as part of a scheme to revitalise a historic town hall site that has been empty for almost five years, as options for the future development of Lowestoft Town Hall are being explored following … Continue reading
The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) is gathering sector-wide data to gauge the impact of the pandemic and with responses sought ASAP – including from bodies not funded by the NLHF – by Friday 27 March at the latest.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has launched its Roadmap for Change, a new digital resource to promote industry best practice, at Futurebuild, in London in March.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has issued its report on the recent Budget, which included measures on an increase in the National Living Wage and a review of the Treasury’s Green Book, looking at developments with an impact on the heritage … Continue reading
The London Historic Buildings Trust (LHBT) has issued its first online newsletter, and if people would like to receive LHBT news and updates they can sign up today.
Historic England (HE) is seeking views on revisions to their existing Advice Note on how to take account of the historic environment when planning for tall buildings, with the consultation closing 26 April. image: for illustration purposes only
Brick Awards 2020 – celebrating ‘the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship’ – closes early May
The annual Brick Awards celebrate the best examples of clay brick in our built environment, seeking exemplary projects from leading architects, housebuilders, developers and contractors, across 17 hotly-contested categories, closing early May.
The Cultural Protection Fund is continuing into 2021, to build on from the success of the last four years, with new funding, reports The British Council.
IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Who decides which parts of Manchester’s heritage get saved from the bulldozer?
Andrea Sandor writing about the city of Manchester asks whether development or democracy matters most.