Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: Interim update from the IHBC, with a message from our Chair 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE – IHBC Marsh Award closes on Tuesday 31st March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 1: Budget and COVID 19, via DBW 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 2: CIC’s Coronavirus Digest review and survey (@27/03/20) 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 3: ‘A guide to the coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’, from PBCToday 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 4: Advise and updates collated from the heritage sector, including data and policy to care and cleaning 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £165K+ costed opportunities: Scottish Council seeks team for CARS, closing 02/04, no value stated 27/03/2020
- A Culture Strategy for Scotland issued 27/03/2020
- England’s Housing Minister: Speech to the Planning Inspectorate, on good and bad design, with a heritage handle 27/03/2020
- Welsh Government Consultation ‘Changes to listed building consent applications’ launched, closing 08/06 27/03/2020
- CIC publishes new adjudication procedure: ‘affordable adjudication for low value disputes’ 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE (NEARLY) – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 24/03/2020
- Don’t forget IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 24/03/2020
- IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Apply online for registration, for free! 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plan for historic Lowestoft town hall site, thanks to HE report 24/03/2020
- National Lottery Heritage Fund seeks COVID-19 impact survey responses 24/03/2020
- CIC Launches Roadmap for Change at Futurebuild 24/03/2020
- See THA on the 2020 Budget 24/03/2020
- London Historic Buildings Trust’s issues first online newsletter 24/03/2020
- HE consultation on Advice Note 4: Tall Buildings, closing 26/04 24/03/2020
- Brick Awards 2020 – celebrating ‘the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship’ – closes early May 24/03/2020
- British Council: New Cultural Protection funding announced for 2020-2021 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Who decides which parts of Manchester’s heritage get saved from the bulldozer? 24/03/2020
- New Context out now! Ireland under the scope… from the evolving CO to national climate change planning, and urban house museum-making to architects in conservation 20/03/2020
- Don’t forget – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 20/03/2020
Daily Archives: 17/03/2020
Prepping CPD for #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’? Check HE’s Research issue now out, with ‘place-based’ focus
Claudia Kenyatta, Director of Regions at Historic England and Ian Morrison, Director of Policy and Evidence introduce this special issue of Historic England (HE) Research magazine focusing on place-based research especially relevant to the IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School, from 18-20 … Continue reading
IHBC’s Spring Council+ in London, scheduled for 23 April, has been postponed due to the current Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation, in line with current government advice.
IHBC encourages responses to HE Local Authority Strategic Framework (LASF) 10 year plan consultation… closing 20 April
Historic England (HE) has launched a consultation on its new Local Authority Strategic Framework (LASF), which will guide engagement with local authorities, support the prioritisation of resources, and help local authorities to understand what Historic England does, why and how, … Continue reading
IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free Brighton School places, closing 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards closing date has been extended to March 31, so please take a few minutes to enter your retired colleagues and/or successful learners for their chance of £500 cash awards and a free place at the IHBC’s … Continue reading
For the first time, the UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow on 9 – 20 November 2020.
England’s Housing Minister has launched a competition to deliver homes fit for the future, as applicants invited to come forward with ideas for new low carbon, age-friendly homes. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick has announced over £3.5 million of government funding for Grimsby, including £2.2 million of new investment for its landmark Town Deal. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, announced that Lewisham has been awarded the title of London Borough of Culture for 2021 with Croydon winning the accolade for 2023. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Heritage Alliance (THA) is updating their website and seeks ‘beta testers’ to give feedback, with offers to go to Daniella at: email@example.com.
The fate of Coalhouse Fort in East Tilbury, Essex is uncertain after the charity which restored and managed it, the Coalhouse Fort Project, has disbanded due to dwindling volunteer numbers and difficulty keeping up with paperwork.
A range of innovative ways to tackle the UK’s housing crisis will feature at the RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence 2020.
Abandoned and decaying buildings are part of the modern landscape, so should we rebuild them or let them be, asks Jonathan Glancey in a BBC post from 2015.