Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 17/03/2020
Prepping CPD for #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’? Check HE’s Research issue now out, with ‘place-based’ focus
Claudia Kenyatta, Director of Regions at Historic England and Ian Morrison, Director of Policy and Evidence introduce this special issue of Historic England (HE) Research magazine focusing on place-based research especially relevant to the IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School, from 18-20 … Continue reading
IHBC’s Spring Council+ in London, scheduled for 23 April, has been postponed due to the current Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation, in line with current government advice.
IHBC encourages responses to HE Local Authority Strategic Framework (LASF) 10 year plan consultation… closing 20 April
Historic England (HE) has launched a consultation on its new Local Authority Strategic Framework (LASF), which will guide engagement with local authorities, support the prioritisation of resources, and help local authorities to understand what Historic England does, why and how, … Continue reading
IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free Brighton School places, closing 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards closing date has been extended to March 31, so please take a few minutes to enter your retired colleagues and/or successful learners for their chance of £500 cash awards and a free place at the IHBC’s … Continue reading
For the first time, the UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow on 9 – 20 November 2020.
England’s Housing Minister has launched a competition to deliver homes fit for the future, as applicants invited to come forward with ideas for new low carbon, age-friendly homes. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick has announced over £3.5 million of government funding for Grimsby, including £2.2 million of new investment for its landmark Town Deal. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, announced that Lewisham has been awarded the title of London Borough of Culture for 2021 with Croydon winning the accolade for 2023. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Heritage Alliance (THA) is updating their website and seeks ‘beta testers’ to give feedback, with offers to go to Daniella at: email@example.com.
The fate of Coalhouse Fort in East Tilbury, Essex is uncertain after the charity which restored and managed it, the Coalhouse Fort Project, has disbanded due to dwindling volunteer numbers and difficulty keeping up with paperwork.
A range of innovative ways to tackle the UK’s housing crisis will feature at the RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence 2020.
Abandoned and decaying buildings are part of the modern landscape, so should we rebuild them or let them be, asks Jonathan Glancey in a BBC post from 2015.