Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: Interim update from the IHBC, with a message from our Chair 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE – IHBC Marsh Award closes on Tuesday 31st March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 1: Budget and COVID 19, via DBW 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 2: CIC’s Coronavirus Digest review and survey (@27/03/20) 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 3: ‘A guide to the coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’, from PBCToday 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 4: Advise and updates collated from the heritage sector, including data and policy to care and cleaning 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £165K+ costed opportunities: Scottish Council seeks team for CARS, closing 02/04, no value stated 27/03/2020
- A Culture Strategy for Scotland issued 27/03/2020
- England’s Housing Minister: Speech to the Planning Inspectorate, on good and bad design, with a heritage handle 27/03/2020
- Welsh Government Consultation ‘Changes to listed building consent applications’ launched, closing 08/06 27/03/2020
- CIC publishes new adjudication procedure: ‘affordable adjudication for low value disputes’ 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE (NEARLY) – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 24/03/2020
- Don’t forget IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 24/03/2020
- IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Apply online for registration, for free! 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plan for historic Lowestoft town hall site, thanks to HE report 24/03/2020
- National Lottery Heritage Fund seeks COVID-19 impact survey responses 24/03/2020
- CIC Launches Roadmap for Change at Futurebuild 24/03/2020
- See THA on the 2020 Budget 24/03/2020
- London Historic Buildings Trust’s issues first online newsletter 24/03/2020
- HE consultation on Advice Note 4: Tall Buildings, closing 26/04 24/03/2020
- Brick Awards 2020 – celebrating ‘the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship’ – closes early May 24/03/2020
- British Council: New Cultural Protection funding announced for 2020-2021 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Who decides which parts of Manchester’s heritage get saved from the bulldozer? 24/03/2020
- New Context out now! Ireland under the scope… from the evolving CO to national climate change planning, and urban house museum-making to architects in conservation 20/03/2020
- Don’t forget – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 20/03/2020
Daily Archives: 13/03/2020
IHBC’s new monthly CPD Circular now out: Making CPD & training more accessible to interdisciplinary conservation practitioners, at all career stages
The IHBC has launched a new ‘CPD Circular’ to consolidate access to the best of the IHBC’s own local and national Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training events, as well as those offered by our ‘IHBC Recognised CPD Providers’ and … Continue reading
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with interdisciplinary conservation roles from CEO (Vic Soc) and Listing (HE) to urban, church, transport (railway) and consultancy roles, and much more!
To help heritage and conservation employers and practitioners across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse opportunities posted on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with recent offerings ranging from management (Victorian Society Director (CEO, Vic Soc)) … Continue reading
More FREE CPD from the IHBC with our Council+ experience: Special opportunities for early career practitioners to learn, network and engage, London, 23/04!
IHBC’s Council+ meetings offer members of any category and all stages of learning a unique chance to explore our work and help our development, with our Spring event in London, on 23 April, focussing on ‘big picture’ content suggested and/or … Continue reading
POSTPONED – IHBC, CARE, RICS, RIAS ICON & more, at GCHT’s ‘Your Career in Conservation… Accreditation’ conference & workshops, Glasgow, 26/03
Please note that ‘Your Career in Conservation: The Purpose and Process of Accreditation’ due to be held on 26 March in Glasgow has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free Brighton School places, closing 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards closing date has been extended to March 31, so please take a few minutes to enter your retired colleagues and/or successful learners for their chance of £500 cash awards and a free place at the IHBC’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £4.5M+ costed opportunities: NI DC seeks consultants including Conservation Architect, closing 07/04, valued £300+K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
Readers of the IHBC’s NewsBlogs will be familiar with the concept of local lists, and the latest issue of Context, No 162, devoted to the heritage of New Towns, offers a way to reflect on their use in recognising more … Continue reading
A BRE Trust report published in February 2020, The Housing Stock of The United Kingdom, combines the findings of housing condition surveys in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in a single UK-wide report, featured by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) … Continue reading
Every £1 spent on construction creates £2.92 of value to the UK economy according to a new study by the CBI and Oxford Economics, called Fine Margins. image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
Government in England has confirmed a multi-billion pound spending increase for councils. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Heritage Alliance submitted a Budget Representation following HM Treasury’s call for representations as part of its policy-making process.
Historic England (HE) has issued timely guidance on flood recovery work and drying out. image: for illustration purposes only – Joanna Theobald
Advice from The Heritage Fund: How to consider the environment in your heritage project – 10 top tips!
When working with landscapes and nature in project development, think long term, assess the positive – and negative – impacts of your actions, and remember that small changes can make a big difference, writes The Heritage Fund, as it offers … Continue reading