Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 13/03/2020
IHBC’s new monthly CPD Circular now out: Making CPD & training more accessible to interdisciplinary conservation practitioners, at all career stages
The IHBC has launched a new ‘CPD Circular’ to consolidate access to the best of the IHBC’s own local and national Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training events, as well as those offered by our ‘IHBC Recognised CPD Providers’ and … Continue reading
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with interdisciplinary conservation roles from CEO (Vic Soc) and Listing (HE) to urban, church, transport (railway) and consultancy roles, and much more!
To help heritage and conservation employers and practitioners across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse opportunities posted on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with recent offerings ranging from management (Victorian Society Director (CEO, Vic Soc)) … Continue reading
More FREE CPD from the IHBC with our Council+ experience: Special opportunities for early career practitioners to learn, network and engage, London, 23/04!
IHBC’s Council+ meetings offer members of any category and all stages of learning a unique chance to explore our work and help our development, with our Spring event in London, on 23 April, focussing on ‘big picture’ content suggested and/or … Continue reading
POSTPONED – IHBC, CARE, RICS, RIAS ICON & more, at GCHT’s ‘Your Career in Conservation… Accreditation’ conference & workshops, Glasgow, 26/03
Please note that ‘Your Career in Conservation: The Purpose and Process of Accreditation’ due to be held on 26 March in Glasgow has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free Brighton School places, closing 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards closing date has been extended to March 31, so please take a few minutes to enter your retired colleagues and/or successful learners for their chance of £500 cash awards and a free place at the IHBC’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £4.5M+ costed opportunities: NI DC seeks consultants including Conservation Architect, closing 07/04, valued £300+K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
Readers of the IHBC’s NewsBlogs will be familiar with the concept of local lists, and the latest issue of Context, No 162, devoted to the heritage of New Towns, offers a way to reflect on their use in recognising more … Continue reading
A BRE Trust report published in February 2020, The Housing Stock of The United Kingdom, combines the findings of housing condition surveys in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in a single UK-wide report, featured by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) … Continue reading
Every £1 spent on construction creates £2.92 of value to the UK economy according to a new study by the CBI and Oxford Economics, called Fine Margins. image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
Government in England has confirmed a multi-billion pound spending increase for councils. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Heritage Alliance submitted a Budget Representation following HM Treasury’s call for representations as part of its policy-making process.
Historic England (HE) has issued timely guidance on flood recovery work and drying out. image: for illustration purposes only – Joanna Theobald
Advice from The Heritage Fund: How to consider the environment in your heritage project – 10 top tips!
When working with landscapes and nature in project development, think long term, assess the positive – and negative – impacts of your actions, and remember that small changes can make a big difference, writes The Heritage Fund, as it offers … Continue reading