Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: Interim update from the IHBC, with a message from our Chair 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE – IHBC Marsh Award closes on Tuesday 31st March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 1: Budget and COVID 19, via DBW 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 2: CIC’s Coronavirus Digest review and survey (@27/03/20) 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 3: ‘A guide to the coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’, from PBCToday 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 4: Advise and updates collated from the heritage sector, including data and policy to care and cleaning 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £165K+ costed opportunities: Scottish Council seeks team for CARS, closing 02/04, no value stated 27/03/2020
- A Culture Strategy for Scotland issued 27/03/2020
- England’s Housing Minister: Speech to the Planning Inspectorate, on good and bad design, with a heritage handle 27/03/2020
- Welsh Government Consultation ‘Changes to listed building consent applications’ launched, closing 08/06 27/03/2020
- CIC publishes new adjudication procedure: ‘affordable adjudication for low value disputes’ 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE (NEARLY) – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 24/03/2020
- Don’t forget IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 24/03/2020
- IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Apply online for registration, for free! 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plan for historic Lowestoft town hall site, thanks to HE report 24/03/2020
- National Lottery Heritage Fund seeks COVID-19 impact survey responses 24/03/2020
- CIC Launches Roadmap for Change at Futurebuild 24/03/2020
- See THA on the 2020 Budget 24/03/2020
- London Historic Buildings Trust’s issues first online newsletter 24/03/2020
- HE consultation on Advice Note 4: Tall Buildings, closing 26/04 24/03/2020
- Brick Awards 2020 – celebrating ‘the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship’ – closes early May 24/03/2020
- British Council: New Cultural Protection funding announced for 2020-2021 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Who decides which parts of Manchester’s heritage get saved from the bulldozer? 24/03/2020
- New Context out now! Ireland under the scope… from the evolving CO to national climate change planning, and urban house museum-making to architects in conservation 20/03/2020
- Don’t forget – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 20/03/2020
Daily Archives: 18/02/2020
At each Annual General Meeting (AGM) the IHBC elects, re-elects or appoints trustees and officers who are nominated and voted in by Full Members of the institute, and as nominations to the next AGM – at our 2020 School in … Continue reading
The West Bridgford Wire is celebrating ther news that, following an application to Historic England Lutterell Hall has been listed Grade II (GII), thanks to Historic England.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Virtual tenement’ app being developed to help ensure repairs to crumbling Edinburgh homes
The Edinburgh News has reported on an app that is being drawn up by developers on behalf of the city council to create a ‘virtual tenement’, to help bring the city’s stock of crumbing tenements up to standard.
Jacqueline Hughes, senior risk analyst at Equib, in pbctoday discusses how project managers for town centre developments can get their risk management strategy right.
Aidan Bell, co-founder of ‘sustainable construction material company Envirobuild’, provides an in-depth guide to environmental innovation in the construction sector in pbctoday.
Lucy Inskip, The Heritage Alliance (THA) Communications Assistant, is continuing to improve the Heritage Funding Directory, a partnership project from The Heritage Alliance and the Architectural Heritage Fund supported by the Historic Houses Foundation.
A new guide provides a blueprint on how the construction industry can react to the climate emergency with The Climate Emergency Design Guide published by LETI – the London Energy Transformation Initiative.
The £1 billion guarantee scheme set-up by the government ensures enough credit is available to allow smaller housebuilders to enter the market. image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
Vital repairs to a Victorian railway bridge, Bennerley Viaduct on a global ‘at risk’ register will start within weeks, supporters have said.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), in association with Wellcome, has launched the Medical Humanities Awards for 2020, a national award celebrating the contribution of the arts and humanities to improving healthcare, health and wellbeing.
EPSON has published the final report on ‘The Material Cultural Heritage as a Strategic Territorial Development Resource’. image: espon.eu
The BBC has reviewed a show at the house designed by the artist Sandycombe Lodge, Twickenham Turner and the Thames’.