Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 18/02/2020
At each Annual General Meeting (AGM) the IHBC elects, re-elects or appoints trustees and officers who are nominated and voted in by Full Members of the institute, and as nominations to the next AGM – at our 2020 School in … Continue reading
The West Bridgford Wire is celebrating ther news that, following an application to Historic England Lutterell Hall has been listed Grade II (GII), thanks to Historic England.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Virtual tenement’ app being developed to help ensure repairs to crumbling Edinburgh homes
The Edinburgh News has reported on an app that is being drawn up by developers on behalf of the city council to create a ‘virtual tenement’, to help bring the city’s stock of crumbing tenements up to standard.
Jacqueline Hughes, senior risk analyst at Equib, in pbctoday discusses how project managers for town centre developments can get their risk management strategy right.
Aidan Bell, co-founder of ‘sustainable construction material company Envirobuild’, provides an in-depth guide to environmental innovation in the construction sector in pbctoday.
Lucy Inskip, The Heritage Alliance (THA) Communications Assistant, is continuing to improve the Heritage Funding Directory, a partnership project from The Heritage Alliance and the Architectural Heritage Fund supported by the Historic Houses Foundation.
A new guide provides a blueprint on how the construction industry can react to the climate emergency with The Climate Emergency Design Guide published by LETI – the London Energy Transformation Initiative.
The £1 billion guarantee scheme set-up by the government ensures enough credit is available to allow smaller housebuilders to enter the market. image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
Vital repairs to a Victorian railway bridge, Bennerley Viaduct on a global ‘at risk’ register will start within weeks, supporters have said.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), in association with Wellcome, has launched the Medical Humanities Awards for 2020, a national award celebrating the contribution of the arts and humanities to improving healthcare, health and wellbeing.
EPSON has published the final report on ‘The Material Cultural Heritage as a Strategic Territorial Development Resource’. image: espon.eu
The BBC has reviewed a show at the house designed by the artist Sandycombe Lodge, Twickenham Turner and the Thames’.