Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 14/02/2020
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with interdisciplinary conservation roles across urban, church, regulatory and consultancy roles, and much more!
To help heritage and conservation employers and practitioners across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse career opportunities posted on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with recent offerings covering practice areas from administration to management, and … Continue reading
The IHBC has launched its membership consultation on a revised draft set of ‘Articles of Association’ to serve as the new constitutional framework for the institute. in line with our ‘Proposal for future Governance…’ approved at the 2019 AGM, with … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2-for-1, as SE Branch Day Conference is also a Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’ event: Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects, 13 March, BOOK NOW
The IHBC South East Branch Day School and AGM in Ramsgate on 13 March also serves as an introduction to IHBC’s theme for the 2020 Annual School in June.
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
IHBC members with benefits: Last 3 member subsidies still available for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London
A major one-day conference from Historic England (HE) on its latest technical research into the deterioration and conservation of traditional roof coverings will take place in London on 3 March with booking closing 26 February, while the IHBC is offering … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £4.9M+ costed opportunities: CC seeks consultancy services for review of farm building use, 03/03, valued £25k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
The Civic Centre is set to be turned into flats, shops, offices, cafes and restaurants, bars, hot food takeaway, art gallery, gym, creche and day nursery, The Plymouth Herald reports, while highlighting that the Grade II listed Civic Centre dates … Continue reading
A new paper from the Adam Smith Institute – described by some as a the ‘neoliberal think tank’ – argues that the problem with the High Street has been totally misunderstood, saying that we need to reform restrictive planning rules … Continue reading
The Honours Team at DCMS seeks nominations for 2021, with a simplified application form on offer to assist the process, and a closing date 24 April.
The Scottish Government has published figures from the 2018 house condition survey, which includes topics areas such as Key Attributes, Energy Efficiency, Fuel Poverty, Perceptions and Experiences and Housing Conditions.
Local authorities in England are not prepared to deal with climate change, it seems, following a freedom of information request from engineering services trade body ECA.
The School of Architecture at Taliesin, which Frank Lloyd Wright established nearly 90 years ago, will shut in June, after failing to come to a financial agreement with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.
Edinburgh set to be home to one million trees by the end of this decade, joining counterparts all over the globe in becoming a Million Tree City. image: Fiona Newton