Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: Interim update from the IHBC, with a message from our Chair 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE – IHBC Marsh Award closes on Tuesday 31st March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 1: Budget and COVID 19, via DBW 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 2: CIC’s Coronavirus Digest review and survey (@27/03/20) 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 3: ‘A guide to the coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’, from PBCToday 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 4: Advise and updates collated from the heritage sector, including data and policy to care and cleaning 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £165K+ costed opportunities: Scottish Council seeks team for CARS, closing 02/04, no value stated 27/03/2020
- A Culture Strategy for Scotland issued 27/03/2020
- England’s Housing Minister: Speech to the Planning Inspectorate, on good and bad design, with a heritage handle 27/03/2020
- Welsh Government Consultation ‘Changes to listed building consent applications’ launched, closing 08/06 27/03/2020
- CIC publishes new adjudication procedure: ‘affordable adjudication for low value disputes’ 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE (NEARLY) – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 24/03/2020
- Don’t forget IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 24/03/2020
- IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Apply online for registration, for free! 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plan for historic Lowestoft town hall site, thanks to HE report 24/03/2020
- National Lottery Heritage Fund seeks COVID-19 impact survey responses 24/03/2020
- CIC Launches Roadmap for Change at Futurebuild 24/03/2020
- See THA on the 2020 Budget 24/03/2020
- London Historic Buildings Trust’s issues first online newsletter 24/03/2020
- HE consultation on Advice Note 4: Tall Buildings, closing 26/04 24/03/2020
- Brick Awards 2020 – celebrating ‘the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship’ – closes early May 24/03/2020
- British Council: New Cultural Protection funding announced for 2020-2021 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Who decides which parts of Manchester’s heritage get saved from the bulldozer? 24/03/2020
- New Context out now! Ireland under the scope… from the evolving CO to national climate change planning, and urban house museum-making to architects in conservation 20/03/2020
- Don’t forget – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 20/03/2020
Daily Archives: 11/02/2020
IHBC SE’s day conference and AGM (and Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’): Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects
Book Now for the IHBC’s South East (SE) Branch’s annual own day conference and AGM on 13 March in Ramsgate, a ‘pre-School’ event, as the topic – Ramsgate Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects – is linked to the … Continue reading
Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? 1851 Royal Commission Award goes to URBED, to explore the ‘High Street’
On 14th November 2019 David Rudlin – Principal at URBED – was awarded the 2019 ‘Fellowship in the Built Environment’ by the 1851 Royal Commission, to ask ‘what is the high street for, and what might the future high street … Continue reading
The former Chairman of Holme Valley Parish Council, Greg Cropper was successfully prosecuted twelve years after illegally demolishing one Grade II (GII) listed building and illegally extending another at his home at, West Yorkshire.
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
York Magistrates’ Court has fined a South Lakeland woman £2,000 for carrying out unauthorised works to a healthy and prominent 200-year old tree in the Dent Conservation Area (CA), reports the Cumbria Crack.
Safety suggestions relating to ‘Hot work’ – including fires and injuries – in the construction sector and how to reduce the risk from Cesafety via Designing Buildings Wiki, host partner to the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has updated it grants deadlines for 2020 published then on the grants website, while also introducing a new ‘expressions of interest’ process for their grant programmes.
The Whole Life Cost of Energy (WLCoE) calculator – issued by government in BETA form – is intended to help building owners and operators to understand the full financial cost of the energy their buildings use, and welcomes feedback to … Continue reading
Government UK has highlighted how a much-loved park in West London – Gunnersbury Park, a 75-hectare Historic England (HE) Registered Park containing 22 listed buildings – is being revitalised as a thriving community asset with help from a £340,000 award … Continue reading
Heavy stones were thrown in a New Year’s Eve attack on one of classical music history’s most important churches St. Thomas Church in Leipzig, Germany.
New York City’s Council has passed legislation requiring new buildings to contain bird friendly materials, aiming to reduce bird deaths.