Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2020 AGM Brighton 19 June: Trustee nominations open till 20 April 18/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: HE ‘gives Lutterell Hall GII listed status’ 18/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Virtual tenement’ app being developed to help ensure repairs to crumbling Edinburgh homes 18/02/2020
- Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? Balancing risk for town centre development 18/02/2020
- IHBC‘s IMHO signpost: Environmental innovation in the construction sector 18/02/2020
- THA continues to improve the Heritage Funding Directory 18/02/2020
- Coalition launches new Climate Emergency Design Guide 18/02/2020
- £1 billion of finance to support small and medium sized builders 18/02/2020
- ‘At risk’ Bennerley Viaduct repairs to begin 18/02/2020
- Medical Humanities Awards to celebrate projects improving health and wellbeing 18/02/2020
- EPSON publishes final report on Material Cultural Heritage as a resource 18/02/2020
- BBC Review: Turner exhibition in Twickenham house designed by the artist 18/02/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with interdisciplinary conservation roles across urban, church, regulatory and consultancy roles, and much more! 14/02/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC seeks first responses on draft ‘Articles’ by end Feb and after 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s 2-for-1, as SE Branch Day Conference is also a Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’ event: Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects, 13 March, BOOK NOW 14/02/2020
- IHBC Marsh Awards – nominations still open! 14/02/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Last 3 member subsidies still available for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £4.9M+ costed opportunities: CC seeks consultancy services for review of farm building use, 03/03, valued £25k 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth’s Civic Centre plans to finally be given the go-ahead 14/02/2020
- Thinking about Brighton 2020? ‘Neoliberal think tank’ says red tape is strangling our high streets 14/02/2020
- Nominations open for 2021 New Year Honours List: Closing 24 April 14/02/2020
- Scottish Government publishes Scottish house condition survey: 2018 key findings 14/02/2020
- 47% of councils have no plans for reducing emissions from built assets 14/02/2020
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s School of Architecture at Taliesin to close after 88 years 14/02/2020
- Edinburgh 2030: A ‘Million Tree City’ planned 14/02/2020
Daily Archives: 11/02/2020
IHBC SE’s day conference and AGM (and Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’): Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects
Book Now for the IHBC’s South East (SE) Branch’s annual own day conference and AGM on 13 March in Ramsgate, a ‘pre-School’ event, as the topic – Ramsgate Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects – is linked to the … Continue reading
Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? 1851 Royal Commission Award goes to URBED, to explore the ‘High Street’
On 14th November 2019 David Rudlin – Principal at URBED – was awarded the 2019 ‘Fellowship in the Built Environment’ by the 1851 Royal Commission, to ask ‘what is the high street for, and what might the future high street … Continue reading
The former Chairman of Holme Valley Parish Council, Greg Cropper was successfully prosecuted twelve years after illegally demolishing one Grade II (GII) listed building and illegally extending another at his home at, West Yorkshire.
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
York Magistrates’ Court has fined a South Lakeland woman £2,000 for carrying out unauthorised works to a healthy and prominent 200-year old tree in the Dent Conservation Area (CA), reports the Cumbria Crack.
Safety suggestions relating to ‘Hot work’ – including fires and injuries – in the construction sector and how to reduce the risk from Cesafety via Designing Buildings Wiki, host partner to the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has updated it grants deadlines for 2020 published then on the grants website, while also introducing a new ‘expressions of interest’ process for their grant programmes.
The Whole Life Cost of Energy (WLCoE) calculator – issued by government in BETA form – is intended to help building owners and operators to understand the full financial cost of the energy their buildings use, and welcomes feedback to … Continue reading
Government UK has highlighted how a much-loved park in West London – Gunnersbury Park, a 75-hectare Historic England (HE) Registered Park containing 22 listed buildings – is being revitalised as a thriving community asset with help from a £340,000 award … Continue reading
Heavy stones were thrown in a New Year’s Eve attack on one of classical music history’s most important churches St. Thomas Church in Leipzig, Germany.
New York City’s Council has passed legislation requiring new buildings to contain bird friendly materials, aiming to reduce bird deaths.