Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 11/02/2020
IHBC SE’s day conference and AGM (and Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’): Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects
Book Now for the IHBC’s South East (SE) Branch’s annual own day conference and AGM on 13 March in Ramsgate, a ‘pre-School’ event, as the topic – Ramsgate Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects – is linked to the … Continue reading
Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? 1851 Royal Commission Award goes to URBED, to explore the ‘High Street’
On 14th November 2019 David Rudlin – Principal at URBED – was awarded the 2019 ‘Fellowship in the Built Environment’ by the 1851 Royal Commission, to ask ‘what is the high street for, and what might the future high street … Continue reading
The former Chairman of Holme Valley Parish Council, Greg Cropper was successfully prosecuted twelve years after illegally demolishing one Grade II (GII) listed building and illegally extending another at his home at, West Yorkshire.
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
York Magistrates’ Court has fined a South Lakeland woman £2,000 for carrying out unauthorised works to a healthy and prominent 200-year old tree in the Dent Conservation Area (CA), reports the Cumbria Crack.
Safety suggestions relating to ‘Hot work’ – including fires and injuries – in the construction sector and how to reduce the risk from Cesafety via Designing Buildings Wiki, host partner to the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has updated it grants deadlines for 2020 published then on the grants website, while also introducing a new ‘expressions of interest’ process for their grant programmes.
The Whole Life Cost of Energy (WLCoE) calculator – issued by government in BETA form – is intended to help building owners and operators to understand the full financial cost of the energy their buildings use, and welcomes feedback to … Continue reading
Government UK has highlighted how a much-loved park in West London – Gunnersbury Park, a 75-hectare Historic England (HE) Registered Park containing 22 listed buildings – is being revitalised as a thriving community asset with help from a £340,000 award … Continue reading
Heavy stones were thrown in a New Year’s Eve attack on one of classical music history’s most important churches St. Thomas Church in Leipzig, Germany.
New York City’s Council has passed legislation requiring new buildings to contain bird friendly materials, aiming to reduce bird deaths.