Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 04/02/2020
Join in IHBC’s Council+ this St George’s Day, and even suggest or present your own ‘big picture’ theme or topic, 23 April, London,
IHBC’s Council+ meetings offer members of any category or stage of learning the chance to explore the institute’s work and contribute to its development, and for our Spring event in London on 23 April – St. George’s Day – we’re … Continue reading
UPDATE ON EXTENDED IHBC MEMBER SUBSIDIES – HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London: Applications open till 6 February!
The closing date on the IHBC’s £50 members’ subsidies to Historic England’s (HE) conference on its latest technical research into the deterioration and conservation of traditional roof coverings – in London on 3 March – has been extended to 6 February, so … Continue reading
IHBC SW Conference Keynote: Brian Ridout, on ‘Damp, timber decay & sustainability’, 20 March, Bath, from only £55 (IHBC members)!
At the IHBC South West (SW) Branch conference, on 20 March in Bath’s Guildhall, Brian Ridout of Ridout Associates – a leading authority on damp and timber decay – will discuss his research for Historic England into the behaviour of moisture in … Continue reading
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
REMINDER: IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Amazing details see Somerset branch of WHSmith made Grade II Listed
When shopping for stationery, you don’t normally assume you are standing in a piece of protected history but, as the Somerset County Gazette notes, that is the case for shoppers in one Somerset town, Weston super Mare, after a branch … Continue reading
The Taylor Review pilot scheme, a £1.8 million scheme to help listed places of worship, has provided grants towards repairs at 54 historic buildings since launching in September 2018 until March 2019. image: for illustration only
A man from Little Aston is fined £1,750 and ordered to pay £3,000 in court costs for felling three protected trees following a case led by Lichfield District Council (DC). image: for illustration only – P Badcock
The trailblazer group developing apprenticeships for the heritage sector, chaired by Historic England, is offering an opportunity for potential hosts to meet with training providers in London on 27 February.
Plans to plant more than 20 million trees could be damaging for Welsh farmers, a union has warned.
The Museum of London has submitted a planning application to the City of London Corporation for its new home in West Smithfield.
Planning permission will no longer be required for the erection of a shed or glasshouse on an allotment in Wales, under new Welsh Government plans to simplify planning rules out for consultation until 28 February. image for illustration purposes only
Each year, the Philip Webb Award from The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) celebrates new design in the context of historic buildings, and this year first place was awarded jointly to University of Sheffield graduates Nikola Yanev … Continue reading