Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 31/01/2020
IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School’s SECOND keynote: Burgemeester Kris Declercq, on continental experience inspired by British innovation, at ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, 19 June 2020
Kris Declercq, Burgemeester (Mayor) of Roeselare, West Flanders, Belgium – the second Keynote at the IHBC’s June 2020 Brighton School – themed on ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ – will introduce the Friday afternoon’s theme of ‘Experience’ by exploring his … Continue reading
IHBC, CARE, RICS, RIAS ICON & more, at GCHT’s ‘Your Career in Conservation… Accreditation’ conference & workshops, Glasgow, 26/03
Glasgow City Heritage Trust (GCHT) is holding a one-day conference on conservation accreditation within the heritage and built environment sectors, at the Glasgow School of Art on 26 March 2020, with early bird booking prices from £85.
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
REMINDER: IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb
IHBC welcomes launch of ‘London Historic Buildings Trust’ and Strategic Plan with ‘strong social impact ambitions’!
The IHBC welcomed The London Historic Buildings Trust (LHBT) – the only London-wide building preservation trust, and formerly Heritage of London Trust Operations – and its new identity, alongside an ambitious new Strategic Plan with objectives to deliver ‘real and … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £350K+ costed opportunities this week: National body seeks service provider for design planning tools, valued £28-32K, closing 17/02
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
The Park Hill flats overlooking Sheffield will benefit from a £500,000 restoration grant from Historic England for the next phase of their redevelopment, The Yorkshire Post has reported.
New research published by Historic England (HE) on behalf of the Historic Environment Forum entitled HERITAGE AND THE ECONOMY 2019 England, shows the value of heritage to England’s economy, as it contributes to economic prosperity and growth through jobs in … Continue reading
Wales’ towns are to receive £90 million of additional investment as part of a new Welsh Government approach to transforming town centres across the country, Deputy Minister for Housing and Local Government, Hannah Blythyn has announced.
Rhondda Valley’s Treorchy crowned ‘UK’s best’ in the Great British High Street Awards, with Scottish Borders’ Kelso the ‘Rising Star’
Treorchy’s high street, in the Rhondda Valley Treorchy, has been named ‘High Street of the Year’ and wins £15,000 for the local community, while the ‘Rising Star of the Year’ award went to The Square, Kelso, Scotland.
With the launch of the Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission’s (BBBBC) report – Living with beauty – The Rt Hon Robert Jenrick MP reports from the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG).
The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) has launched a new Call for Evidence – closing 5 February – to inform its advice to the UK Government on the Sixth Carbon Budget, due to be published in September 2020.
The National Trust will plant 20 million trees on its land in the next decade as the charity pledges to become carbon neutral by 2030. image for illustration only – by P Badcock
Niamh Crimmins’ Blog fpr Historic Environment Scotland (HES) celebrates 30 years of the Buildings at Risk Register for Scotland, and explores the history of Grangemouth through survey fieldwork and the HES Archives.