Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 28/01/2020
The IHBC has welcomed CPD essentials as its most recent ‘IHBC Recognised CPD Provider’, and to celebrate that achievement this CPD Provider is offering IHBC members a 10% discount on any full day seminar (see details below).
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnering with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) into 2020 with free places for members and an IHBC stand on offer at the London Listed Property Show, on 8-9 February in London’s Olympia. For more information see … Continue reading
Boundaries and party walls are fundamental issues when dealing with old places, but disputes can occur when parties (usually property owners) disagree, so knowing what they mean and why they count is critical for any conservation professional; fortunately, Designing Buildings … Continue reading
Scottish Government has launched its first National Islands Plan with measures to improve outcomes for island communities.
Investigations have begun into what caused part of Chester’s Roman city wall to collapse during construction work.
Housing secretary, Robert Jenrick has announced building safety measures that go further to ensure residents are safe in their homes, revealing that slow improving safety standards will ‘not be tolerated’.
Architecture and Design Scotland is working with the Scottish Government Committee on Climate Change and a small number of selected Local Authorities to develop spatial plans for places which prioritise the agenda of responding to changing climate and reduction of … Continue reading
Village Halls Week: Government scheme supports vital hubs for rural communities. image: for illustration only – by P Badcock
RIBA has published guidance on targeting, designing and evaluating sustainable outcomes for buildings, defining a concise measurable set of eight sustainable outcomes that correspond to key UN Sustainable Development Goals and can be delivered on building projects of all scales.
MOOO architecture design competition has placed a call for architects, landscape architects etc. to explore the notion of POPS – ‘Privately Owned Public Spaces’ – and their potential within the city of London in a new competition, with standard entry … Continue reading
Egyptian Halls is one of Glasgow’s most important buildings and a category A-listed masterpiece by Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, but it has been empty for 40 years, so The Alexander Thomson Society has launched a new initiative calling on those ‘with … Continue reading