Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 24/01/2020
IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after
The IHBC has launched its membership consultation on a revised draft set of ‘Articles of Association’ to serve as the new constitutional framework for the institute in line with our ‘Proposal for future Governance…’, as approved at the 2019 AGM, … Continue reading
A major one-day conference from Historic England (HE) on its latest technical research into the deterioration and conservation of traditional roof coverings will take place in London on 3 March with booking closing 26 February, while the IHBC is offering … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help!
The IHBC has welcomed a new audit on new housing design in England, noting conclusions about overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’ standards, and how less-affluent communities remain the worst affected, but highlighting the potential for conservation professionals to help improve.
REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnering with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) into 2020 with free places for members and an IHBC stand on offer at the London Listed Property Show, on 8-9 February in London’s Olympia. IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
Local authority leaders through The Local Government Association (LGA) have warned that communities are potentially losing out on thousands of affordable homes due to office conversions which bypass local planning offices. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence … Continue reading
A Scottish Government consultation document makes proposals for a new, legally binding standard for home energy efficiency from 2024 onwards, with the consultation open until 26 March.
Interim findings from the Taylor Review Pilot evaluation to help build a sustainable future for the UK’s historic places of worship are now out from the Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS).
The number of ancient woods under threat in the UK from built development has topped the thousand mark for the first time since records began, the Woodland Trust has reported. image: for illustrations purposes only by P Badcock
One of Britain’s oldest department stores, Beales, has collapsed into administration, putting more than 1,000 jobs at risk. Beales has appointed KPMG as administrators after failing to find a buyer or new investment for the business.
Just 10% of the UK population believes that the construction of new towns is the best way to tackle the UK housing crisis, according to a new report. image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
David Goldstone has been named chief executive of the?delivery authority that will act as client for the work to?restore?and renew?the Palace of Westminster. image: Open Government Licencde v3.0
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced a global prize to tackle climate issues, pledging ‘a decade of action to repair the Earths.