Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with interdisciplinary conservation roles across urban, church, regulatory and consultancy roles, and much more! 14/02/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC seeks first responses on draft ‘Articles’ by end Feb and after 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s 2-for-1, as SE Branch Day Conference is also a Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’ event: Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects, 13 March, BOOK NOW 14/02/2020
- IHBC Marsh Awards – nominations still open! 14/02/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Last 3 member subsidies still available for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £4.9M+ costed opportunities: CC seeks consultancy services for review of farm building use, 03/03, valued £25k 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth’s Civic Centre plans to finally be given the go-ahead 14/02/2020
- Thinking about Brighton 2020? ‘Neoliberal think tank’ says red tape is strangling our high streets 14/02/2020
- Nominations open for 2021 New Year Honours List: Closing 24 April 14/02/2020
- Scottish Government publishes Scottish house condition survey: 2018 key findings 14/02/2020
- 47% of councils have no plans for reducing emissions from built assets 14/02/2020
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s School of Architecture at Taliesin to close after 88 years 14/02/2020
- Edinburgh 2030: A ‘Million Tree City’ planned 14/02/2020
- IHBC SE’s day conference and AGM (and Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’): Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects 11/02/2020
- Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? 1851 Royal Commission Award goes to URBED, to explore the ‘High Street’ 11/02/2020
- IHBC notes: No time limit for listed building prosecutions based on conviction for GII demolition 11/02/2020
- REMINDER: 2 WEEKS LEFT to get your nomination in for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2020 11/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: York Magistrates issue fine over CA tree felling 11/02/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Fires in buildings under construction caused by hot work 11/02/2020
- HES: Grants updates etc 11/02/2020
- Calculating the full cost of energy used by buildings: Beta form and feedback welcome 11/02/2020
- Motorway cash helps revitalise West London park, via Highways England and HE 11/02/2020
- Immense damage’ to JS Bach’s church as stained glass windows smashed in attack 11/02/2020
- Bird friendly buildings bill passed in New York 11/02/2020
- Preview of IHBC’s Brighton Day School: ‘Evolution’ theme insights, from Cliff Hague (planning) and Jess Steele (Hastings) 08/02/2020
Daily Archives: 24/01/2020
IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after
The IHBC has launched its membership consultation on a revised draft set of ‘Articles of Association’ to serve as the new constitutional framework for the institute in line with our ‘Proposal for future Governance…’, as approved at the 2019 AGM, … Continue reading
A major one-day conference from Historic England (HE) on its latest technical research into the deterioration and conservation of traditional roof coverings will take place in London on 3 March with booking closing 26 February, while the IHBC is offering … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help!
The IHBC has welcomed a new audit on new housing design in England, noting conclusions about overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’ standards, and how less-affluent communities remain the worst affected, but highlighting the potential for conservation professionals to help improve.
REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnering with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) into 2020 with free places for members and an IHBC stand on offer at the London Listed Property Show, on 8-9 February in London’s Olympia. IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
Local authority leaders through The Local Government Association (LGA) have warned that communities are potentially losing out on thousands of affordable homes due to office conversions which bypass local planning offices. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence … Continue reading
A Scottish Government consultation document makes proposals for a new, legally binding standard for home energy efficiency from 2024 onwards, with the consultation open until 26 March.
Interim findings from the Taylor Review Pilot evaluation to help build a sustainable future for the UK’s historic places of worship are now out from the Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS).
The number of ancient woods under threat in the UK from built development has topped the thousand mark for the first time since records began, the Woodland Trust has reported. image: for illustrations purposes only by P Badcock
One of Britain’s oldest department stores, Beales, has collapsed into administration, putting more than 1,000 jobs at risk. Beales has appointed KPMG as administrators after failing to find a buyer or new investment for the business.
Just 10% of the UK population believes that the construction of new towns is the best way to tackle the UK housing crisis, according to a new report. image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
David Goldstone has been named chief executive of the?delivery authority that will act as client for the work to?restore?and renew?the Palace of Westminster. image: Open Government Licencde v3.0
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced a global prize to tackle climate issues, pledging ‘a decade of action to repair the Earths.