Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with interdisciplinary conservation roles across urban, church, regulatory and consultancy roles, and much more! 14/02/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC seeks first responses on draft ‘Articles’ by end Feb and after 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s 2-for-1, as SE Branch Day Conference is also a Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’ event: Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects, 13 March, BOOK NOW 14/02/2020
- IHBC Marsh Awards – nominations still open! 14/02/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Last 3 member subsidies still available for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £4.9M+ costed opportunities: CC seeks consultancy services for review of farm building use, 03/03, valued £25k 14/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth’s Civic Centre plans to finally be given the go-ahead 14/02/2020
- Thinking about Brighton 2020? ‘Neoliberal think tank’ says red tape is strangling our high streets 14/02/2020
- Nominations open for 2021 New Year Honours List: Closing 24 April 14/02/2020
- Scottish Government publishes Scottish house condition survey: 2018 key findings 14/02/2020
- 47% of councils have no plans for reducing emissions from built assets 14/02/2020
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s School of Architecture at Taliesin to close after 88 years 14/02/2020
- Edinburgh 2030: A ‘Million Tree City’ planned 14/02/2020
- IHBC SE’s day conference and AGM (and Brighton 2020 ‘Pre-School’): Ramsgate – Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) and local projects 11/02/2020
- Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? 1851 Royal Commission Award goes to URBED, to explore the ‘High Street’ 11/02/2020
- IHBC notes: No time limit for listed building prosecutions based on conviction for GII demolition 11/02/2020
- REMINDER: 2 WEEKS LEFT to get your nomination in for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2020 11/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: York Magistrates issue fine over CA tree felling 11/02/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Fires in buildings under construction caused by hot work 11/02/2020
- HES: Grants updates etc 11/02/2020
- Calculating the full cost of energy used by buildings: Beta form and feedback welcome 11/02/2020
- Motorway cash helps revitalise West London park, via Highways England and HE 11/02/2020
- Immense damage’ to JS Bach’s church as stained glass windows smashed in attack 11/02/2020
- Bird friendly buildings bill passed in New York 11/02/2020
- Preview of IHBC’s Brighton Day School: ‘Evolution’ theme insights, from Cliff Hague (planning) and Jess Steele (Hastings) 08/02/2020
Daily Archives: 17/01/2020
IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications!
The IHBC’s June 2020 Brighton School conference, themed on ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and sponsored by HESPR member Heritage Collective, will explore one of the most challenging and exciting topics today, the current state and future prospects for our … Continue reading
Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, and find conservation roles across design, project management and beyond, for conservation specialists, planners, surveyors and more!
To help heritage and conservation careers and employers across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse career opportunities posted on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc’ service, and recent offerings stretch from London (e.g. design at Islington and … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.1M costed opportunities this week: English BC call to join Heritage Professionals framework, valued £2M, closing 05/02/2020
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (UK) doorstep’: Rebel alliance ready to put a halt to the ‘disneyfication’ of Edinburgh
Some residents of Edinburgh fear the city’s public spaces are being sacrificed to tourism, and The Guardian offers a UK-wide take on the challenges.
IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: Harlow and its civic society seeks exemplary ‘green town’ recognition – Any inspiration for you?
Harlow Civic Society believes that with investment, transport, infrastructure and jobs, it can become an exemplary green town, and while you can simply read more about these aspirations in the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed on New Towns, … Continue reading
A memorial to a lost village and an apple-shaped refreshment kiosk are two of the sites given a heritage listing in Wales in the past year.
Transforming Places Through Heritage is a £15million grant programme from the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), aimed at supporting charities and social enterprises to develop projects that are creating alternative uses for redundant or underused historic buildings in town centres with … Continue reading
Projects benefitting from over £138 million of funding have the potential to create more than 7,000 jobs across Scotland, according to analysis of the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund.
One of London’s most famous music venues Koko Camden has been badly damaged in a blaze.
Historic England (HE) recognises that the heritage workforce does not reflect the diversity of society and supports a scheme to help to improve this through training placements to people with Black Asian or Minority Ethnic Heritage (BAME), so if you … Continue reading
Ashley John-Baptiste has written a reflective piece on Council housing now posted by the BBC.