Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 17/01/2020
IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications!
The IHBC’s June 2020 Brighton School conference, themed on ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and sponsored by HESPR member Heritage Collective, will explore one of the most challenging and exciting topics today, the current state and future prospects for our … Continue reading
Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, and find conservation roles across design, project management and beyond, for conservation specialists, planners, surveyors and more!
To help heritage and conservation careers and employers across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse career opportunities posted on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc’ service, and recent offerings stretch from London (e.g. design at Islington and … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.1M costed opportunities this week: English BC call to join Heritage Professionals framework, valued £2M, closing 05/02/2020
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (UK) doorstep’: Rebel alliance ready to put a halt to the ‘disneyfication’ of Edinburgh
Some residents of Edinburgh fear the city’s public spaces are being sacrificed to tourism, and The Guardian offers a UK-wide take on the challenges.
IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: Harlow and its civic society seeks exemplary ‘green town’ recognition – Any inspiration for you?
Harlow Civic Society believes that with investment, transport, infrastructure and jobs, it can become an exemplary green town, and while you can simply read more about these aspirations in the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed on New Towns, … Continue reading
A memorial to a lost village and an apple-shaped refreshment kiosk are two of the sites given a heritage listing in Wales in the past year.
Transforming Places Through Heritage is a £15million grant programme from the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), aimed at supporting charities and social enterprises to develop projects that are creating alternative uses for redundant or underused historic buildings in town centres with … Continue reading
Projects benefitting from over £138 million of funding have the potential to create more than 7,000 jobs across Scotland, according to analysis of the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund.
One of London’s most famous music venues Koko Camden has been badly damaged in a blaze.
Historic England (HE) recognises that the heritage workforce does not reflect the diversity of society and supports a scheme to help to improve this through training placements to people with Black Asian or Minority Ethnic Heritage (BAME), so if you … Continue reading
Ashley John-Baptiste has written a reflective piece on Council housing now posted by the BBC.