Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 14/01/2020
The Technical Panel of the IHBC is under full steam once again with John Edwards – IHBC Wales representative, trustee, and lead author on BS 7913 – as Panel Secretary, and is seeking suggestions on issues and priorities for its … Continue reading
Bucket list the full Brighton experience! More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS: NEW FUTURES’ as city named as one of ‘5 of the best UK cities that you must put on your bucket list’
Be it tourist magnet London, the not-so-frequented Newcastle, or the capital of Scotland, there’s a slice of history that everyone can devour when in the UK, and Brighton – venue of the IHBC’s June 2020 Brighton School conference on ‘OLD … Continue reading
Give someone their fondest memories for 2020: IHBC Marsh Award nominations now open for ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’, closing 29/02/20
REMINDER: We’re looking for your nominations for the IHBC Marsh Awards for both ‘retired IHBC members’ and ‘successful learners’!
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Kirklees Council is taking allotment holders to the Royal Courts of Justice
Huddersfield allotment holders won the fight to save their land – but Kirklees Council has appealed the judicial review so allotment holders face a new battle in the High Court in London, reports Examiner Live.
Over 500 historic places have been added to the National Heritage List for England (NHLE) in 2019 and Historic England (HE) has picked 21 highlights that have gained protection or been upgraded. image: HE website entitled: Inside the former Chemist Shop, … Continue reading
Law Society of Scotland Planning Law Sub-committee seeks the views of our members and interested stakeholders on the subject of planning obligations, under section 75 (Planning Obligations) of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 (‘the Act’).
Heritage campaigners have urged Camden Council to investigate ‘alarming’ works taking place at RIBA Gold Medallist Neave Brown’s Grade II*-listed Alexandra Road estate.
Getting the train to Bristol is another step closer for people in Portishead as an application for permission to begin building work for the new Portishead railway line – including the disused section of railway from Portishead to Pill – … Continue reading
The owners of a former convent have been fined £4,000 and ordered to pay £10,000 costs after they continued using it as an illegal hostel.
An east London coffee stall which has been run by the same family for a century is to be given a new lease of life once it shuts for the final time.