Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications! 17/01/2020
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, and find conservation roles across design, project management and beyond, for conservation specialists, planners, surveyors and more! 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.1M costed opportunities this week: English BC call to join Heritage Professionals framework, valued £2M, closing 05/02/2020 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (UK) doorstep’: Rebel alliance ready to put a halt to the ‘disneyfication’ of Edinburgh 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: Harlow and its civic society seeks exemplary ‘green town’ recognition – Any inspiration for you? 17/01/2020
- Capel Celyn memorial and apple kiosk get heritage listing, courtesy Cadw 17/01/2020
- Heritage grants for historic buildings: AHF, deadlines from 10 Feb 17/01/2020
- Regenerating Scotland’s Communities: £138M of funding to support projects to create new jobs 17/01/2020
- Koko Camden: Fire engulfs famous music venue 17/01/2020
- HE calls for hosts for Heritage Training Placements 2020: Closing 31 Jan 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO: ‘When council estates were a dream’, from the BBC 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s Technical Panel is back: Seeks suggestions on priorities 14/01/2020
- Bucket list the full Brighton experience! More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS: NEW FUTURES’ as city named as one of ‘5 of the best UK cities that you must put on your bucket list’ 14/01/2020
- Give someone their fondest memories for 2020: IHBC Marsh Award nominations now open for ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’, closing 29/02/20 14/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Kirklees Council is taking allotment holders to the Royal Courts of Justice 14/01/2020
- HE’s ‘21 Fascinating Places Listed in 2019’: NHLE sees 500+ places added in 2019 14/01/2020
- Law Society of Scotland consultation on aspects of planning obligations: closing 3 February 14/01/2020
- Alert over works at Neave Brown’s Camden estate 14/01/2020
- Plan to re-open Portishead to Bristol rail line submitted 14/01/2020
- Convent of Mercy owners ordered to pay £14,000 for operating Swanley nunnery as illegal hostel 14/01/2020
- New life brewed for 100-year-old East End coffee stall 14/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb (TBC) 10/01/2020
- IHBC’s SW Day conference: ‘Damp, timber decay & sustainability’, 20 March, Bath, from £55 (members) 10/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR introductory news for 2020: Nearly 400 UK projects posted for 2019, with conservation links to costed works valued at circa £1.7Billion! 10/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Midlothian Council ready to step in to help secure Mavisbank’s future 10/01/2020
Daily Archives: 14/01/2020
The Technical Panel of the IHBC is under full steam once again with John Edwards – IHBC Wales representative, trustee, and lead author on BS 7913 – as Panel Secretary, and is seeking suggestions on issues and priorities for its … Continue reading
Bucket list the full Brighton experience! More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS: NEW FUTURES’ as city named as one of ‘5 of the best UK cities that you must put on your bucket list’
Be it tourist magnet London, the not-so-frequented Newcastle, or the capital of Scotland, there’s a slice of history that everyone can devour when in the UK, and Brighton – venue of the IHBC’s June 2020 Brighton School conference on ‘OLD … Continue reading
Give someone their fondest memories for 2020: IHBC Marsh Award nominations now open for ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’, closing 29/02/20
REMINDER: We’re looking for your nominations for the IHBC Marsh Awards for both ‘retired IHBC members’ and ‘successful learners’!
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Kirklees Council is taking allotment holders to the Royal Courts of Justice
Huddersfield allotment holders won the fight to save their land – but Kirklees Council has appealed the judicial review so allotment holders face a new battle in the High Court in London, reports Examiner Live.
Over 500 historic places have been added to the National Heritage List for England (NHLE) in 2019 and Historic England (HE) has picked 21 highlights that have gained protection or been upgraded. image: HE website entitled: Inside the former Chemist Shop, … Continue reading
Law Society of Scotland Planning Law Sub-committee seeks the views of our members and interested stakeholders on the subject of planning obligations, under section 75 (Planning Obligations) of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 (‘the Act’).
Heritage campaigners have urged Camden Council to investigate ‘alarming’ works taking place at RIBA Gold Medallist Neave Brown’s Grade II*-listed Alexandra Road estate.
Getting the train to Bristol is another step closer for people in Portishead as an application for permission to begin building work for the new Portishead railway line – including the disused section of railway from Portishead to Pill – … Continue reading
The owners of a former convent have been fined £4,000 and ordered to pay £10,000 costs after they continued using it as an illegal hostel.
An east London coffee stall which has been run by the same family for a century is to be given a new lease of life once it shuts for the final time.