Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 10/01/2020
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnering with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) into 2020 with free places for members and an IHBC stand on offer at the London Listed Property Show, on 8-9 February in London’s Olympia.
The 2020 day conference of the IHBC’s South West (SW) Branch on 20 March will explore ‘Damp, timber decay & sustainability’ in the Guildhall, Bath, over a diverse day of authoritative talks, friendly networking, and more, with costs starting at … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR introductory news for 2020: Nearly 400 UK projects posted for 2019, with conservation links to costed works valued at circa £1.7Billion!
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Midlothian Council ready to step in to help secure Mavisbank’s future
Midlothian Council is ready to step in to help secure a future for Category A-listed Mavisbank House, located near Bonnyrigg, according to a report in The Scotsman.
IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: Just what has socialist realism in a post-war Czechoslovak New Town got to do with you?
Members can brush up on New Town architectural history in latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, especially Andrew McClelland’s on post-war Czechoslovak new town Nov. Dubnica, which includes an excellent summary of architect and ‘national artist’ … Continue reading
A Madrid design competition from ArchDaily calls for the design of a portable structural pod for artists that can be placed in any public realm in context with the city, with registration by 18 April and submissions by 28 April … Continue reading
Call for evidence and survey: RTPI Scotland is embarking on a project to support our members to inform and influence the early stages of preparation of National Planning Framework 4. This survey and call for evidence is looking for your … Continue reading
The Irish government has confirmed that it will make a €1bn investment over the next decade in the development of small towns, villages and rural areas as it launches a call for proposals under its €1Bn Rural Regeneration and Development … Continue reading
The K2 prototype telephone box situated outside the Royal Academy in London – built as part of the 1924 competition that gave rise to the iconic design and first listed at Grade II in 1986 – has had its listing … Continue reading
Derelict garage sites across Walsall in the West Midlands could soon be transformed into new and energy efficient housing developments, after social landlord ‘whg’ revealed its modular homes vision.
10-bedroom mansion in New York state was offered for only $50,000, with one catch… a restoration proposal (conservation plan)
Until 18 December 2019 a 6,000-square-foot, 10-bedroom Victorian mansion could’ve been yours for only $50,000, but there was one catch; you had to put together a restoration proposal for the historic property in order to be considered.