Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 07/01/2020
REMINDER: We’re looking for your nominations for the IHBC Marsh Awards for both ‘retired IHBC members’ and ‘successful learners’!
The IHBC Marsh Award for Community Contribution (Retired Member) is offered to celebrate the contribution of a retired IHBC member to the community (e.g. through BPT involvement, neighbourhood planning, civic and local trusts with heritage interests). IHBC Marsh Award for Successful … Continue reading
The last edition of IHBC Newsblogs saw a slightly fiendish (if lighthearted) quiz on new towns, to celebrate the coming of a new decade and the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, while below are the … Continue reading
IHBC members looking to learn more about repair techniques for steel windows will find the stand-alone article by Sophie Godfraind in the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, particularly useful as it gives examples of how … Continue reading
The annual publication showing the extent of community ownership in Scotland has been published.
HRH The Princess Royal presented the National Railway Heritage Awards (NRHA) at a special ceremony to mark the competition’s 40th anniversary on Wednesday 4 December.
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has published a new guide to help RIBA members and the wider sector embed sustainable outcomes into practice.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced the publication of its Annual Review for 2018/19 and the new Strategy for 2020-23.
HE issues new and free guidance on Building Information Modelling (BIM) – Developing the Asset Information Model’
Historic England (HE) has published online its second guidance on Building Information Modelling (BIM) –‘BIM for Heritage – Developing the Asset Information Model‘ – with downloads that include Word templates to assist in the development individual Asset Information, Exchange Information … Continue reading
England’s Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick is backing the great British pub with a new £1.15 million fund to benefit an estimated 100 communities. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Each year, the SPAB’s Philip Webb Award celebrates new design in the context of historic buildings, and this year, first place was awarded jointly to University of Sheffield graduates Nikola Yanev and Olivia Hellman, for their schemes which gave imaginative … Continue reading