Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications! 17/01/2020
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, and find conservation roles across design, project management and beyond, for conservation specialists, planners, surveyors and more! 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.1M costed opportunities this week: English BC call to join Heritage Professionals framework, valued £2M, closing 05/02/2020 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (UK) doorstep’: Rebel alliance ready to put a halt to the ‘disneyfication’ of Edinburgh 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: Harlow and its civic society seeks exemplary ‘green town’ recognition – Any inspiration for you? 17/01/2020
- Capel Celyn memorial and apple kiosk get heritage listing, courtesy Cadw 17/01/2020
- Heritage grants for historic buildings: AHF, deadlines from 10 Feb 17/01/2020
- Regenerating Scotland’s Communities: £138M of funding to support projects to create new jobs 17/01/2020
- Koko Camden: Fire engulfs famous music venue 17/01/2020
- HE calls for hosts for Heritage Training Placements 2020: Closing 31 Jan 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO: ‘When council estates were a dream’, from the BBC 17/01/2020
- IHBC’s Technical Panel is back: Seeks suggestions on priorities 14/01/2020
- Bucket list the full Brighton experience! More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS: NEW FUTURES’ as city named as one of ‘5 of the best UK cities that you must put on your bucket list’ 14/01/2020
- Give someone their fondest memories for 2020: IHBC Marsh Award nominations now open for ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’, closing 29/02/20 14/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Kirklees Council is taking allotment holders to the Royal Courts of Justice 14/01/2020
- HE’s ‘21 Fascinating Places Listed in 2019’: NHLE sees 500+ places added in 2019 14/01/2020
- Law Society of Scotland consultation on aspects of planning obligations: closing 3 February 14/01/2020
- Alert over works at Neave Brown’s Camden estate 14/01/2020
- Plan to re-open Portishead to Bristol rail line submitted 14/01/2020
- Convent of Mercy owners ordered to pay £14,000 for operating Swanley nunnery as illegal hostel 14/01/2020
- New life brewed for 100-year-old East End coffee stall 14/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb (TBC) 10/01/2020
- IHBC’s SW Day conference: ‘Damp, timber decay & sustainability’, 20 March, Bath, from £55 (members) 10/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR introductory news for 2020: Nearly 400 UK projects posted for 2019, with conservation links to costed works valued at circa £1.7Billion! 10/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Midlothian Council ready to step in to help secure Mavisbank’s future 10/01/2020
Daily Archives: 07/01/2020
REMINDER: We’re looking for your nominations for the IHBC Marsh Awards for both ‘retired IHBC members’ and ‘successful learners’!
The IHBC Marsh Award for Community Contribution (Retired Member) is offered to celebrate the contribution of a retired IHBC member to the community (e.g. through BPT involvement, neighbourhood planning, civic and local trusts with heritage interests). IHBC Marsh Award for Successful … Continue reading
The last edition of IHBC Newsblogs saw a slightly fiendish (if lighthearted) quiz on new towns, to celebrate the coming of a new decade and the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, while below are the … Continue reading
IHBC members looking to learn more about repair techniques for steel windows will find the stand-alone article by Sophie Godfraind in the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, particularly useful as it gives examples of how … Continue reading
The annual publication showing the extent of community ownership in Scotland has been published.
HRH The Princess Royal presented the National Railway Heritage Awards (NRHA) at a special ceremony to mark the competition’s 40th anniversary on Wednesday 4 December.
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has published a new guide to help RIBA members and the wider sector embed sustainable outcomes into practice.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced the publication of its Annual Review for 2018/19 and the new Strategy for 2020-23.
HE issues new and free guidance on Building Information Modelling (BIM) – Developing the Asset Information Model’
Historic England (HE) has published online its second guidance on Building Information Modelling (BIM) –‘BIM for Heritage – Developing the Asset Information Model‘ – with downloads that include Word templates to assist in the development individual Asset Information, Exchange Information … Continue reading
England’s Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick is backing the great British pub with a new £1.15 million fund to benefit an estimated 100 communities. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Each year, the SPAB’s Philip Webb Award celebrates new design in the context of historic buildings, and this year, first place was awarded jointly to University of Sheffield graduates Nikola Yanev and Olivia Hellman, for their schemes which gave imaginative … Continue reading