Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: Interim update from the IHBC, with a message from our Chair 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE – IHBC Marsh Award closes on Tuesday 31st March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 1: Budget and COVID 19, via DBW 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 2: CIC’s Coronavirus Digest review and survey (@27/03/20) 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 3: ‘A guide to the coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’, from PBCToday 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 4: Advise and updates collated from the heritage sector, including data and policy to care and cleaning 27/03/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £165K+ costed opportunities: Scottish Council seeks team for CARS, closing 02/04, no value stated 27/03/2020
- A Culture Strategy for Scotland issued 27/03/2020
- England’s Housing Minister: Speech to the Planning Inspectorate, on good and bad design, with a heritage handle 27/03/2020
- Welsh Government Consultation ‘Changes to listed building consent applications’ launched, closing 08/06 27/03/2020
- CIC publishes new adjudication procedure: ‘affordable adjudication for low value disputes’ 27/03/2020
- LAST CHANCE (NEARLY) – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 24/03/2020
- Don’t forget IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 24/03/2020
- IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Apply online for registration, for free! 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plan for historic Lowestoft town hall site, thanks to HE report 24/03/2020
- National Lottery Heritage Fund seeks COVID-19 impact survey responses 24/03/2020
- CIC Launches Roadmap for Change at Futurebuild 24/03/2020
- See THA on the 2020 Budget 24/03/2020
- London Historic Buildings Trust’s issues first online newsletter 24/03/2020
- HE consultation on Advice Note 4: Tall Buildings, closing 26/04 24/03/2020
- Brick Awards 2020 – celebrating ‘the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship’ – closes early May 24/03/2020
- British Council: New Cultural Protection funding announced for 2020-2021 24/03/2020
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Who decides which parts of Manchester’s heritage get saved from the bulldozer? 24/03/2020
- New Context out now! Ireland under the scope… from the evolving CO to national climate change planning, and urban house museum-making to architects in conservation 20/03/2020
- Don’t forget – IHBC Marsh Award extended to end March: Nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for £500 cash awards and free IHBC Annual School places, closing 31 March 20/03/2020
Daily Archives: 07/01/2020
REMINDER: We’re looking for your nominations for the IHBC Marsh Awards for both ‘retired IHBC members’ and ‘successful learners’!
The IHBC Marsh Award for Community Contribution (Retired Member) is offered to celebrate the contribution of a retired IHBC member to the community (e.g. through BPT involvement, neighbourhood planning, civic and local trusts with heritage interests). IHBC Marsh Award for Successful … Continue reading
The last edition of IHBC Newsblogs saw a slightly fiendish (if lighthearted) quiz on new towns, to celebrate the coming of a new decade and the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, while below are the … Continue reading
IHBC members looking to learn more about repair techniques for steel windows will find the stand-alone article by Sophie Godfraind in the latest issue of Context, No 162, themed around New Towns, particularly useful as it gives examples of how … Continue reading
The annual publication showing the extent of community ownership in Scotland has been published.
HRH The Princess Royal presented the National Railway Heritage Awards (NRHA) at a special ceremony to mark the competition’s 40th anniversary on Wednesday 4 December.
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has published a new guide to help RIBA members and the wider sector embed sustainable outcomes into practice.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced the publication of its Annual Review for 2018/19 and the new Strategy for 2020-23.
HE issues new and free guidance on Building Information Modelling (BIM) – Developing the Asset Information Model’
Historic England (HE) has published online its second guidance on Building Information Modelling (BIM) –‘BIM for Heritage – Developing the Asset Information Model‘ – with downloads that include Word templates to assist in the development individual Asset Information, Exchange Information … Continue reading
England’s Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick is backing the great British pub with a new £1.15 million fund to benefit an estimated 100 communities. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Each year, the SPAB’s Philip Webb Award celebrates new design in the context of historic buildings, and this year, first place was awarded jointly to University of Sheffield graduates Nikola Yanev and Olivia Hellman, for their schemes which gave imaginative … Continue reading