Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 03/12/2019
The IHBC’s most recent ‘Council+’ (‘Council plus’) – the institute’s twice-yearly, UK-wide forum for leadership, engagement and scrutiny, open to all IHBC membership categories – was held in London on 29 November, in the stunning setting of the listed Art … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Drinkers toast the future after historic Leeds pub granted GII listed heritage status
Drinkers at a historic Leeds pub – Templar Hotel on Vicar Lane –celebrated with a drink after it became the latest building in the city to be granted Grade II (GII) listed status, news also celebrated by Leeds Civic Trust.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Man turns ruined 500-year old Welsh castle (@£5k) into new home (@£1.25M)
Anton Jones has turned the ruined 500-year old Llantwit Castle – where he played as a child and later bought for £5000 – into a new home worth £1.25 million.
The UK Government is extending the Cultural Protection Fund with an additional £10 million of investment.
Historic Environment Scotland HES announces the latest round of its Support Fund recipients. image: HES
Plans to redevelop the historical bell foundry where Big Ben was cast into a boutique hotel have been approved by Tower Hamlets Council. image: By Mramoeba – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=53705569
Eddie Weir PCIAT was inaugurated as President of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists(CIAT) at the close of the AGM in Glasgow.
Grants of up to £750,000 are available to rural firms in England to boost productivity and create local jobs. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The National Churches Trust has announced the winners in the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards.
A total of 148 museums and new cultural institutions were constructed across the world in 2018. This was reported in the Third Yearly Cultural Infrastructure Index, a report published by a firm called AEA Consulting.
Historical plaques are often anything but informative, writes James W Loewen – professor emeritus of sociology at the University of Vermont and the bestselling and award-winning author of Lies My Teacher Told Me etc. – as he offers readers of … Continue reading