Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after 24/01/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Subsidies for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 24/01/2020
- IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help! 24/01/2020
- REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020 24/01/2020
- LGA: Council chiefs call for permitted development right to be ‘scrapped’ 24/01/2020
- Scottish Government: Improving home energy efficiency consultation, closes 26 March 24/01/2020
- DCMS Evaluation of the Taylor Review Pilot – Emerging Monitoring and Evaluation Evidence 24/01/2020
- Number of threatened ancient woodlands tops the thousand mark 24/01/2020
- Department store Beales collapses into administration 24/01/2020
- Only one in 10 support ‘new towns’, study finds 24/01/2020
- MoD manager to lead Palace of Westminster refurbishment 24/01/2020
- Earthshot Prize: William and Kate launch prize to ‘repair the Earth’ 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School FIRST keynote: Carole Souter CBE, past HLF Chief Executive, lays the foundations for ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, 19 June 2020 21/01/2020
- Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’… and the edge: Rare bandstand saved after Historic England listing support 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: French new towns – history, heritage, appreciation…. and priorities! 21/01/2020
- HE Local Authority Strategic Framework Consultation Survey, closing 3 Feb 21/01/2020
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: Further funding and expert support for England’s high streets 21/01/2020
- Don’t forget: NCT Grants Programmes 2019-2023 open 21/01/2020
- ‘We do not accept that the planning system is broken’ – RTPI 21/01/2020
- HE’s New ‘Technical Conservation Guidance’ brochure: Lists free-to-download guidance and reports 21/01/2020
- England’s County Councils Network (CCN) outlines post-election priorities, urging government ‘unleash the potential of counties’ 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s conservation in context: ‘How the scramble for sand is destroying the Mekong’ 21/01/2020
- IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications! 17/01/2020
Daily Archives: 03/12/2019
The IHBC’s most recent ‘Council+’ (‘Council plus’) – the institute’s twice-yearly, UK-wide forum for leadership, engagement and scrutiny, open to all IHBC membership categories – was held in London on 29 November, in the stunning setting of the listed Art … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Drinkers toast the future after historic Leeds pub granted GII listed heritage status
Drinkers at a historic Leeds pub – Templar Hotel on Vicar Lane –celebrated with a drink after it became the latest building in the city to be granted Grade II (GII) listed status, news also celebrated by Leeds Civic Trust.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Man turns ruined 500-year old Welsh castle (@£5k) into new home (@£1.25M)
Anton Jones has turned the ruined 500-year old Llantwit Castle – where he played as a child and later bought for £5000 – into a new home worth £1.25 million.
The UK Government is extending the Cultural Protection Fund with an additional £10 million of investment.
Historic Environment Scotland HES announces the latest round of its Support Fund recipients. image: HES
Plans to redevelop the historical bell foundry where Big Ben was cast into a boutique hotel have been approved by Tower Hamlets Council. image: By Mramoeba – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=53705569
Eddie Weir PCIAT was inaugurated as President of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists(CIAT) at the close of the AGM in Glasgow.
Grants of up to £750,000 are available to rural firms in England to boost productivity and create local jobs. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The National Churches Trust has announced the winners in the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards.
A total of 148 museums and new cultural institutions were constructed across the world in 2018. This was reported in the Third Yearly Cultural Infrastructure Index, a report published by a firm called AEA Consulting.
Historical plaques are often anything but informative, writes James W Loewen – professor emeritus of sociology at the University of Vermont and the bestselling and award-winning author of Lies My Teacher Told Me etc. – as he offers readers of … Continue reading