Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 12/11/2019
IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’
The IHBC supported the recent and highly successful launch of the Climate Heritage Network (CHN) at Edinburgh Castle, hosted by Historic Environment Scotland (HES) and led by ICOMOS, included a presentation by author and IHBC Technical Panel lead John Edwards … Continue reading
More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities
New research in the ‘UK Attractiveness Survey’, by Centre for Towns and EY (linking to Ernst and Young), entitled ‘Trends in foreign direct investment in the UK Towns’, has found that 59% of all foreign direct investment (FDI) coming into … Continue reading
The historical value of Oxford’s medieval core has been raised as an objection to plans which could see two buildings knocked down and replaced with student flats, reports The Oxford Mail.
IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly!
The role of women in engineering, and why more women are needed, is discussed in an article in The Engineer by training firm Boss Training, which notes that only 11% of the UK’s engineering workforce is female.
Scotland’s construction sector is being urged to do more to help butterflies, bees and other pollinators in towns and cities, writes Construction Week, as it reports on new guidance from Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH).
The Association of Independent Museums (AIM) has published its latest Economic Impact of the Independent Museum Sector report, exploring the fiscal benefits heritage and culture entities deliver locally and nationally.
The Local Government Association (LGA) has long made the case for the importance of green and outdoor spaces for people’s health and wellbeing, and while welcoming the new funding for pocket parks also calls for Government to provide long-term, sustainable … Continue reading
CSCS has ended an exemption CSCS card applicants could previously use to get a CSCS card without passing the Construction Industry Training Board’s (CITB) Health, safety and environment test.
An Edinburgh car park that featured in the film T2 Trainspotting has been given listed building status, reports the BBC. image: Historic Environment Scotland