Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School – BOOKING NOW OPEN: Book now for low-cost ‘early-bird’ rates and make #IHBCBrighton2020 your CPD learning hub for 2020, with ‘Old Towns : New Futures’ 25/02/2020
- IHBC Marsh Award nominations – closing date extended to 30 March: Celebrate your local ‘retired members’ and ‘successful learners’ with £500 cash prizes and 2020 Brighton School places! 25/02/2020
- Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? Well, ‘welcome to a Welsh ghost town’, small high streets with ‘a typical problem’, from Walesonline 25/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic derelict Derbyshire GII* railway station to be saved 25/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Council explores possibility of Birnbeck Pier purchase with CPO 25/02/2020
- IHBC’s view to County Down: Knock Iveagh wind turbine challenge ‘fatally undermined’ 25/02/2020
- BEFS reports on ‘Why Flats Fall Down – Navigating shared responsibilities for their repair and maintenance’ 25/02/2020
- Bristol declares ecological emergency over loss of wildlife 25/02/2020
- Aberdeen City Council tests water on multi-million pound property sell-off 25/02/2020
- £10M Urban Tree Challenge Fund: Thousands of trees to be planted in England’s towns and cities 25/02/2020
- TV advertisement plaques inappropriate on listed buildings 25/02/2020
- Second preview of IHBC’s Brighton Day School, 19 June: ‘Economics’ insights, from Paul McTernan (SLR, regeneration economics) and Adala Leeson (HE, funding economics)… & even more Spotlights 21/02/2020
- More Ramsgate signpost to IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School: A bookish background to the IHBC SE Branch Ramsgate, HAZ and AGM Day (and Brighton 2020 ‘pre-School’), March 13 21/02/2020
- Deadline in 8 days for IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 21/02/2020
- Some light preparation for #IHBCBrighton2020, a Scotland Blog on some shops through the centuries! 21/02/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £420K+ costed opportunities: DC seeks Landscape Character Assessment, 11/03 21/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Decision to be made on £3m restoration of Crystal Palace Park Subway 21/02/2020
- Improved Countryside Stewardship scheme opens for 2021 agreements 21/02/2020
- Half of councils unsure of their carbon footprint: ECA 21/02/2020
- The Conservation Hierarchy framework: Biodiversity Net Gain through UK construction projects 21/02/2020
- Tony Burton CBE appointed as Interim Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund 21/02/2020
- HE’s ‘Heritage -The Foundation for Success – Modern Infrastructure and the Historic Environment’ now out 21/02/2020
- HS2 Ltd seeks ‘Expressions of Interest’ for salvage of ‘historic building materials’ 21/02/2020
- IHBC 2020 AGM Brighton 19 June: Trustee nominations open till 20 April 18/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: HE ‘gives Lutterell Hall GII listed status’ 18/02/2020
Daily Archives: 05/11/2019
IHBC seeks examples of curtilage farm buildings potentially affected by interpretation of the ‘Jews Farm’ (‘Egerton v Taunton Deane’) case: ASAP encouraged, and closing 29/11
The IHBC is looking for examples or cases involving buildings and/or structures within the curtilage of listed buildings that might be affected by the recent interpretation by Historic England of the Jews Farm case (the High Court judgment in ‘Egerton v Taunton … Continue reading
IHBC’s Past President David Lovie receives AHI Award on behalf of local civic group for IHBC-supported ‘Some Alnwick Heritage Heroes’
Representing Alnwick Civic Society’s success as runner for their IHBC supported ‘Some Alnwick Heritage Heroes’ publication in the Association for Heritage Interpretation (AHI) Awards, IHBC Past President David Lovie recently received the award from Loyd Grossman. image: Left to right – … Continue reading
IHBC Context feature on HE’s Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings reaches 10K+ construction-development sector users via DBW‘s Newsletter: See our Conservation Wiki for lots more!
The feature article from IHBC’s membership journal Context on Historic England’s (HE’s) work at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings has been headlined in the Newsletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – to reach c.10K+ users … Continue reading
A new guide to help Scotland’s historic sites adapt to the impacts of climate change has been published by Historic Environment Scotland (HES).
The government has been asked to intervene to stop work on an abandoned tunnel that could halt plans for Europe’s longest underground cycleway.
Irish State faces further legal challenge in Europe on proposed liquefied natural gas facility due to SEA and consultation duties
Shannon development designed to process gas extracted through fracking has been challenged by Friends of the Irish Environment (FIE) and the case has been referred by the High Court to the European Court of Justice.
The Planning Awards 2020 are now open for entry which means it’s time to get the recognition you deserve for your outstanding projects..
City and Guilds have been awarded the contract to deliver two T Level qualifications under the ‘Construction route: in Building Services Engineering and On-Site Construction’.
Warren Logan, a Bay Area transportation planner, has new ideas about how to truly engage diverse communities in city planning, and it starts with listening.