Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 05/11/2019
IHBC seeks examples of curtilage farm buildings potentially affected by interpretation of the ‘Jews Farm’ (‘Egerton v Taunton Deane’) case: ASAP encouraged, and closing 29/11
The IHBC is looking for examples or cases involving buildings and/or structures within the curtilage of listed buildings that might be affected by the recent interpretation by Historic England of the Jews Farm case (the High Court judgment in ‘Egerton v Taunton … Continue reading
IHBC’s Past President David Lovie receives AHI Award on behalf of local civic group for IHBC-supported ‘Some Alnwick Heritage Heroes’
Representing Alnwick Civic Society’s success as runner for their IHBC supported ‘Some Alnwick Heritage Heroes’ publication in the Association for Heritage Interpretation (AHI) Awards, IHBC Past President David Lovie recently received the award from Loyd Grossman. image: Left to right – … Continue reading
IHBC Context feature on HE’s Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings reaches 10K+ construction-development sector users via DBW‘s Newsletter: See our Conservation Wiki for lots more!
The feature article from IHBC’s membership journal Context on Historic England’s (HE’s) work at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings has been headlined in the Newsletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – to reach c.10K+ users … Continue reading
A new guide to help Scotland’s historic sites adapt to the impacts of climate change has been published by Historic Environment Scotland (HES).
The government has been asked to intervene to stop work on an abandoned tunnel that could halt plans for Europe’s longest underground cycleway.
Irish State faces further legal challenge in Europe on proposed liquefied natural gas facility due to SEA and consultation duties
Shannon development designed to process gas extracted through fracking has been challenged by Friends of the Irish Environment (FIE) and the case has been referred by the High Court to the European Court of Justice.
The Planning Awards 2020 are now open for entry which means it’s time to get the recognition you deserve for your outstanding projects..
City and Guilds have been awarded the contract to deliver two T Level qualifications under the ‘Construction route: in Building Services Engineering and On-Site Construction’.
Warren Logan, a Bay Area transportation planner, has new ideas about how to truly engage diverse communities in city planning, and it starts with listening.