Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 15/10/2019
IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners
The IHBC has responded to the recent consultation from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on prospective changes in the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) – the framework that enables all UK occupations to be classified according to skill level and … Continue reading
See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’ included the Day School presentation on ‘Heritage at Risk: Who Cares?’ by Historic England’s Ben Robinson, now available on IHBC’s YouTube channel.
IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch: Edinburgh 24-25/10
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised
Liverpool landmark the Everton Library, a Grade II (GII) listed building that has been the focus of calls to restore it to its former glory continues to lie leaking, vandalised and derelict, when £5m could renovate the building, reports The … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs
A south London community is calling for the antiques trade to look out for a stolen cattle trough, writes the Antique Trade Gazette.
The Annual Report for Historic Environment Scotland (HES) covering the financial year 2018-19 has been published, marking the third year of operation and the last covered by the Corporate Plan for 2016-19, For All Our Futures.
BRE Group has appointed Piers White MBE as its new Chair and announced that he will commence his role at the end of November 2019. He joins BRE Group for the next three years at a time when the built … Continue reading
The Secretary of State has appointed Sue Wilkinson, Helena Hamerow and Ben Derbyshire as a Commissioners on the Historic England board for four years from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2023.
Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more
HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps have now been scheduled by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on the advice of Historic England and the shipwreck off Lundy Island in the Bristol Channel has been comprehensively surveyed for … Continue reading
Scottish Housing News has reported on how Glasgow City Council has made steady progress on regeneration of derelict land, with a report carried out by Glasgow City Council showing that between 2017 and 2018, 66.4% of vacant and derelict land … Continue reading
Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation (GDHV) is calling for carbon emissions targets to remain a core component within the amended government building regulations due to be released this autumn, the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) has reported.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has awarded £115,763 of grants to 14 projects across Scotland to help communities find sustainable new uses for historic buildings and this quarter, landmark buildings in the centre of towns feature strongly, with awards going … Continue reading
Galliford Try and the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) have developed an interactive card game, ‘Construction Career Cards’ to promote the breadth of careers in the industry, with Construction Career Cards – representing 40 varied roles within the construction industry … Continue reading