Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 11/10/2019
IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner
A busy autumn continues to see a wide range of branch events across the UK. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Wood is Good’ Conference and AGM 18 Oct Yorkshire Branch – Pevsner, Yorkshire: The North Riding and AGM … Continue reading
More free CPD member benefits for IHBC at ‘The Scottish Listed Property Show’: Free places for members, and opportunities to volunteer – Edinburgh, 26/10
Thinking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with THA’s update on September’s Heritage Chat: ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’
The Heritage Alliance’s (THA) has made available the summary of their September #HeritageChat on Historic High Streets, which took place on 19 September, a theme that looks ahead to IHBC’s 2020 Brighton Annual School, on ‘Old Towns : New Futures’ … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £310K+ costed opportunities this week: national/international masterplanning/urban design practice sought for maritime heritage quarter, closing 31/10, valued at £120-160K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week features a call for ‘a masterplanning/urban design practice’ of ‘national … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Breathing new life into Swindon’s historic railway buildings… with a HAZ!
The Swindon Advertiser writes has reported on how when, in 1840, Daniel Gooch as superintendent for the Great Western Railway, penned a letter to the chief engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel, putting Swindon forward as the ideal location for the GWR’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 10 Lincolnshire eyesores have changed over the years, thanks not least to the local Mess of the Year Award!
Lincolnshire Live has reported on how Sleaford’s Civic and District Trust came up with an innovative way to get business owners and landlords to improve their areas by naming all these sites Mess of the Year!
Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: The value of arts and culture in place-shaping, from the Arts Council
The Arts Council has published research into whether and how an area’s arts and cultural offer attracts individuals and businesses to settle there, looking at six different places across the country: Birmingham, Halifax, Hastings, Redruth, Southampton and Stoke-on-Trent ), whether … Continue reading
New initiative ‘Heritage Declares’ launches climate emergency commitment; Seeks personal and corporate support
Heritage Declares, a non-affiliated group of heritage practitioners who have come together to urge the sector to react more quickly and effectively to the climate and ecological emergency, is calling for sector support for its commitments.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has announced that HRH The Prince of Wales has accepted to be Patron for a further term.
An independent overarching evaluation of the 2014 and 2018 First World War Centenary Programme has been published by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). image: Evesham War Memorial – Joanna Theobald
England’s Local Government Association (LGA) has indicated that climate change goals hinge on funding and powers for local areas as councils are best placed to respond to the public’s growing concern about this and other burning environmental issues. image: Open … Continue reading
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) has published its Review to consider the next steps for National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) in England.
Liverpool City Council has bought more than 55,000 sq metres of prime waterfront land for £1, LocalGov has reported. image: LocalGov
The new National Design Guide (NDG) has been published by England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG), as part its ‘Planning Practice Guide’ (PPG), to illustrate ‘how well-designed places that are beautiful, enduring and successful can be achieved … Continue reading
BBC News has reported on how, beneath the hills of the Scottish Highlands, lies one of the largest underground structures ever built by man, for use during World War Two as a storage depot for fuel.