Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
- Construction Career Cards to showcase future opportunities 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner 11/10/2019
- REMINDER STILL TIME TO JOIN US at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with THA’s update on September’s Heritage Chat: ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £310K+ costed opportunities this week: national/international masterplanning/urban design practice sought for maritime heritage quarter, closing 31/10, valued at £120-160K 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Breathing new life into Swindon’s historic railway buildings… with a HAZ! 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 10 Lincolnshire eyesores have changed over the years, thanks not least to the local Mess of the Year Award! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: The value of arts and culture in place-shaping, from the Arts Council 11/10/2019
- New initiative ‘Heritage Declares’ launches climate emergency commitment; Seeks personal and corporate support 11/10/2019
- HRH Prince of Wales continues Patronage of RTPI 11/10/2019
- First World War Centenary Programme: Legacy Evaluation by DCMS 11/10/2019
- LGA: Climate change goals hinge on funding and powers for local areas 11/10/2019
- DEFRA’s Landscapes Review update on National Parks and AONBs 11/10/2019
Daily Archives: 04/10/2019
Creative Heritage Consultants welcomed to the IHBC ‘HESPR’ register, listing ‘service providers working to the IHBC’s standards’
Creative Heritage Consultants has become the latest company to be included under the IHBC’s conservation service HESPR listing (hespr.ihbc.org.uk), with Kate Dickson IHBC as Director and formal HESPR link, to join more than 40 heritage businesses in quality assurance, benefits … Continue reading
DEADLINE TUESDAY 1PM SO BOOK NOW FOR: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’ – in Liverpool on 10 October
REMINDER: BOOK NOW for IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too!
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.6M+ costed opportunities this week: Education building sought for Welsh country park, closing 11/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week features a call for a country park timber education building … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (watery) doorstep’: Historic England joins in fight for Brantham Decoy Pond
Campaigners’ money to protect an ancient lake from a housing development has been refunded after Historic England decided to take the fight into its own hands, as reported by the Braintree and Witham Times.
Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: Rochdale Market to close as trader numbers and revenue continue to fall
Rochdale Market, Greater Manchester, is being closed with the last trading day set for Monday, 14 October 2019 as trader numbers and revenue continue to fail.
IHBC signpost to BRE (and IHBC!) in Wales: Update on ‘Delivering… decarbonization…’, from Swansea, city of IHBC’s 2022 ‘Technical’ School and #IHBCSwansea2022
BRE has reported on the latest roundtable discussion on the programme ‘Delivering on the decarbonisation agenda in the built environment in Wales — Frameworks to build a better Britain’, which was hosted in Swansea, planned venue for the IHBC’s 2022 … Continue reading
BEFS welcomes Scotland’s Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill and Climate Change Impacts Guide launch, Glasgow, 8 Oct
BEFS has welcomed the Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill, ‘committing Scotland to becoming a net-zero society by 2045’, while also welcoming the forthcoming launch of the Climate Change Impacts Guide as part of Climate Week 2019 on October … Continue reading
BESA & Women’s Engineering Society (WES) launch outstanding woman award: Nominations close 1 November
The Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) is supporting the campaign to attract more women into engineering professions by launching an award to mark the centenary of the Women’s Engineering Society (WES), with nominations closing on 1 November.
Public engagement research funding opportunities to ‘deepen links between research and the wider society’: Closing 21/10 & 12/11
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has launched two new public engagement funding calls which will offer arts and humanities researchers the opportunity to work with community partners and experiment with citizen science, with one application deadlines of 21 October and … Continue reading
National Trust joins Alzheimer’s Society to unlock history and heritage for millions of people affected by dementia
Two of the UK’s most popular charities the National Trust and the Alzheimer’s Society have today announced an ambitious three-year project to unlock some of the nation’s best loved history and heritage for millions of people affected by dementia.
Heritage and social investment partners join to provide capacity-building support for heritage organisations: See ‘RePlan’
Social enterprises and charities running historic buildings now have the opportunity to access RePlan, a new three-year capacity-building service funded by the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF), Historic Environment Scotland (HES), further supported by Historic … Continue reading
Thatching Apprenticeship Trailblazer Group continues to progress funded apprenticeship for thatchers, the Thatch Advice Centre has reported.