Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 04/10/2019
Creative Heritage Consultants welcomed to the IHBC ‘HESPR’ register, listing ‘service providers working to the IHBC’s standards’
Creative Heritage Consultants has become the latest company to be included under the IHBC’s conservation service HESPR listing (hespr.ihbc.org.uk), with Kate Dickson IHBC as Director and formal HESPR link, to join more than 40 heritage businesses in quality assurance, benefits … Continue reading
DEADLINE TUESDAY 1PM SO BOOK NOW FOR: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’ – in Liverpool on 10 October
REMINDER: BOOK NOW for IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too!
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.6M+ costed opportunities this week: Education building sought for Welsh country park, closing 11/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week features a call for a country park timber education building … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (watery) doorstep’: Historic England joins in fight for Brantham Decoy Pond
Campaigners’ money to protect an ancient lake from a housing development has been refunded after Historic England decided to take the fight into its own hands, as reported by the Braintree and Witham Times.
Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: Rochdale Market to close as trader numbers and revenue continue to fall
Rochdale Market, Greater Manchester, is being closed with the last trading day set for Monday, 14 October 2019 as trader numbers and revenue continue to fail.
IHBC signpost to BRE (and IHBC!) in Wales: Update on ‘Delivering… decarbonization…’, from Swansea, city of IHBC’s 2022 ‘Technical’ School and #IHBCSwansea2022
BRE has reported on the latest roundtable discussion on the programme ‘Delivering on the decarbonisation agenda in the built environment in Wales — Frameworks to build a better Britain’, which was hosted in Swansea, planned venue for the IHBC’s 2022 … Continue reading
BEFS welcomes Scotland’s Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill and Climate Change Impacts Guide launch, Glasgow, 8 Oct
BEFS has welcomed the Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill, ‘committing Scotland to becoming a net-zero society by 2045’, while also welcoming the forthcoming launch of the Climate Change Impacts Guide as part of Climate Week 2019 on October … Continue reading
BESA & Women’s Engineering Society (WES) launch outstanding woman award: Nominations close 1 November
The Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) is supporting the campaign to attract more women into engineering professions by launching an award to mark the centenary of the Women’s Engineering Society (WES), with nominations closing on 1 November.
Public engagement research funding opportunities to ‘deepen links between research and the wider society’: Closing 21/10 & 12/11
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has launched two new public engagement funding calls which will offer arts and humanities researchers the opportunity to work with community partners and experiment with citizen science, with one application deadlines of 21 October and … Continue reading
National Trust joins Alzheimer’s Society to unlock history and heritage for millions of people affected by dementia
Two of the UK’s most popular charities the National Trust and the Alzheimer’s Society have today announced an ambitious three-year project to unlock some of the nation’s best loved history and heritage for millions of people affected by dementia.
Heritage and social investment partners join to provide capacity-building support for heritage organisations: See ‘RePlan’
Social enterprises and charities running historic buildings now have the opportunity to access RePlan, a new three-year capacity-building service funded by the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF), Historic Environment Scotland (HES), further supported by Historic … Continue reading
Thatching Apprenticeship Trailblazer Group continues to progress funded apprenticeship for thatchers, the Thatch Advice Centre has reported.