Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
- Construction Career Cards to showcase future opportunities 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner 11/10/2019
- REMINDER STILL TIME TO JOIN US at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with THA’s update on September’s Heritage Chat: ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £310K+ costed opportunities this week: national/international masterplanning/urban design practice sought for maritime heritage quarter, closing 31/10, valued at £120-160K 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Breathing new life into Swindon’s historic railway buildings… with a HAZ! 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 10 Lincolnshire eyesores have changed over the years, thanks not least to the local Mess of the Year Award! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: The value of arts and culture in place-shaping, from the Arts Council 11/10/2019
- New initiative ‘Heritage Declares’ launches climate emergency commitment; Seeks personal and corporate support 11/10/2019
- HRH Prince of Wales continues Patronage of RTPI 11/10/2019
- First World War Centenary Programme: Legacy Evaluation by DCMS 11/10/2019
- LGA: Climate change goals hinge on funding and powers for local areas 11/10/2019
- DEFRA’s Landscapes Review update on National Parks and AONBs 11/10/2019
Daily Archives: 01/10/2019
IHBC to Exhibit and Present at the upcoming Climate Heritage Network Launch Event in Edinburgh 24-25 October.
Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search
IHBC members, colleagues and client bodies can now find the office locations of HESPR members – IHBC’s Historic Environment Service Provider Recognition (HESPR) scheme – using our new map-based facility. image: Google Maps
A six figure cash injection will secure the future of an iconic Workington building, Workington Hall, according to the News and Star.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner platform in our Conservation Wiki, has offered its 10,000 registered users ‘A brief guide to UK construction laws’, that may be of special use to those IHBC members seeking an overview of mainstream construction … Continue reading
A 12th Century Norfolk church, St Mary the Virgin Wimbotsham has been gutted by a fire, highlighting the ongoing relevance if the IHBC’s Nottingham 2019 School on Heritage Risk and Resilience’.
The critical culture of Irish architecture, so painstakingly developed over the last half century, is now under threat of starvation, writes Shane O’Toole as he looks ahead from Dublin, 1974…
Historic England has published a new research report – Value of Maintenance for places of worship – that uses a sample of 30 listed church buildings across England, based on three successive Quinquennial Inspection Reports for each building. image for … Continue reading
New research reports that families avoid art galleries, theatres and museums due to a range of barriers.
The Highland Council will be putting measures in place to restrict the amount of construction and demolition waste bought to its network of 21 Household Waste Recycling Centres, as the Council’s Bulky Uplift service will be expanded to include small … Continue reading
Cardiff could be left with a skyline of empty buildings after an ‘oversaturation’ of luxury student flats, a leading architect has said.