Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 20/09/2019
IHBC joins Fit for the Future, seeking mutual benefits from tighter links with a key environmental sustainability network
The IHBC has embarked on a 3-month trial membership of Fit for the Future, joining over 100 heritage organisations, venues and more in knowledge-sharing and collaborating on environmental sustainability, encompassing critical areas for conservation professionals that range from strategic asset … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too!
slideshow images: Liverpool Cathedral: IIya Kuzhekin, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/ w/index.php?curid=52593172 VG&M: Chemical Engineer [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/ licenses/by-sa/3.0)] Liverpool Waterfront: Dave Chetwin Hear from speakers on a wide range of interrelated themes, focussing on how to successfully overcome the accessibility … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £97M+ opportunities this week: Design Competition for Museum Group, closing 16/10, valued £1.8M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick this week features a new heritage Design Competition, closing 16/10 and valued … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the barstool’: Kray Twins historic pub saved from last orders in major campaign, from The Mirror
The Mirror has reported on how ‘thirty-five boozers in London’s East End will now be protected from developers… some of them… the backdrop to major moments in British history.’
Banks have been urged to create local ‘banking hubs’ for customers if there is a threat to the last branch in town.
Major LB prosecution fine for unauthorized works secured by Westminster CC, for basement works on GII Listed Building: £162,300
Westminster City Council (CC) has won a major Listed Building (LB) prosecution case, and fine of £162,300, for unauthorised works on Grade II 82 Harley Street.
As part of Scottish government focus on cutting carbon the first minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon has vowed to ‘fundamentally overhaul’ the building regulations as part of a ‘green new deal’ to draw investment and cut emissions. image: Fiona Newton
In its annual report for 2018/19 National Trust has revealed that it spent £148 million on conservation and restoration projects across its portfolio of properties, while benefitting from a membership surge.
Towns across England will work with the government to develop innovative regeneration plans. image: Open Government Licence v3.0 Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government writes:
Removals of ancient woodlands for HS2 have stopped during the independent review, led by Doug Oakervee, unless they are absolutely necessary to avoid major cost and schedule impacts. image: DBW
On 30 September 2019 the window opens for applications to Historic England‘s (HE) National Capacity Building grants programme, for projects that run for a maximum of 1 year, with funding to begin from 1 April 2020 until 31 March 2021 … Continue reading
Chief executives of local councils in England should elevate their Chief Planning Officer or Head of Planning to the most senior level of decision making in the corporate structure, the RTPI has urged, as it launched ‘HOPE: Heads of Planning … Continue reading
Association of Heritage Engineers to re-introduce title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering
The Association of Heritage Engineers (AoHE) is re-introducing the title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering to recognise the amazing heritage skills that exist all over the world. image: AoHE website
During September 2019 Wiki Loves Monuments UK welcome submissions of high-quality images of UK listed buildings and scheduled monuments.