Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
- Construction Career Cards to showcase future opportunities 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner 11/10/2019
- REMINDER STILL TIME TO JOIN US at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with THA’s update on September’s Heritage Chat: ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £310K+ costed opportunities this week: national/international masterplanning/urban design practice sought for maritime heritage quarter, closing 31/10, valued at £120-160K 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Breathing new life into Swindon’s historic railway buildings… with a HAZ! 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 10 Lincolnshire eyesores have changed over the years, thanks not least to the local Mess of the Year Award! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: The value of arts and culture in place-shaping, from the Arts Council 11/10/2019
- New initiative ‘Heritage Declares’ launches climate emergency commitment; Seeks personal and corporate support 11/10/2019
- HRH Prince of Wales continues Patronage of RTPI 11/10/2019
- First World War Centenary Programme: Legacy Evaluation by DCMS 11/10/2019
- LGA: Climate change goals hinge on funding and powers for local areas 11/10/2019
- DEFRA’s Landscapes Review update on National Parks and AONBs 11/10/2019
Daily Archives: 20/09/2019
IHBC joins Fit for the Future, seeking mutual benefits from tighter links with a key environmental sustainability network
The IHBC has embarked on a 3-month trial membership of Fit for the Future, joining over 100 heritage organisations, venues and more in knowledge-sharing and collaborating on environmental sustainability, encompassing critical areas for conservation professionals that range from strategic asset … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too!
slideshow images: Liverpool Cathedral: IIya Kuzhekin, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/ w/index.php?curid=52593172 VG&M: Chemical Engineer [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/ licenses/by-sa/3.0)] Liverpool Waterfront: Dave Chetwin Hear from speakers on a wide range of interrelated themes, focussing on how to successfully overcome the accessibility … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £97M+ opportunities this week: Design Competition for Museum Group, closing 16/10, valued £1.8M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick this week features a new heritage Design Competition, closing 16/10 and valued … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the barstool’: Kray Twins historic pub saved from last orders in major campaign, from The Mirror
The Mirror has reported on how ‘thirty-five boozers in London’s East End will now be protected from developers… some of them… the backdrop to major moments in British history.’
Banks have been urged to create local ‘banking hubs’ for customers if there is a threat to the last branch in town.
Major LB prosecution fine for unauthorized works secured by Westminster CC, for basement works on GII Listed Building: £162,300
Westminster City Council (CC) has won a major Listed Building (LB) prosecution case, and fine of £162,300, for unauthorised works on Grade II 82 Harley Street.
As part of Scottish government focus on cutting carbon the first minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon has vowed to ‘fundamentally overhaul’ the building regulations as part of a ‘green new deal’ to draw investment and cut emissions. image: Fiona Newton
In its annual report for 2018/19 National Trust has revealed that it spent £148 million on conservation and restoration projects across its portfolio of properties, while benefitting from a membership surge.
Towns across England will work with the government to develop innovative regeneration plans. image: Open Government Licence v3.0 Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government writes:
Removals of ancient woodlands for HS2 have stopped during the independent review, led by Doug Oakervee, unless they are absolutely necessary to avoid major cost and schedule impacts. image: DBW
On 30 September 2019 the window opens for applications to Historic England‘s (HE) National Capacity Building grants programme, for projects that run for a maximum of 1 year, with funding to begin from 1 April 2020 until 31 March 2021 … Continue reading
Chief executives of local councils in England should elevate their Chief Planning Officer or Head of Planning to the most senior level of decision making in the corporate structure, the RTPI has urged, as it launched ‘HOPE: Heads of Planning … Continue reading
Association of Heritage Engineers to re-introduce title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering
The Association of Heritage Engineers (AoHE) is re-introducing the title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering to recognise the amazing heritage skills that exist all over the world. image: AoHE website
During September 2019 Wiki Loves Monuments UK welcome submissions of high-quality images of UK listed buildings and scheduled monuments.